• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Malthus - A Year In Editing.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The films segue together really nicely. Peter leaves the Avengers compound and then we cut to Tony and Peper post-press conference being sort out by Dr Strange before returning to Peter on the bus.
Ah, I had the same idea for Iron Man 4....though I had Strange interrupting the two as the cliffhanger to credits :)

Do you plan to add Endgame footage to Far From Home?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Day 5:

So far today I have reinstated the extended cut of Peter Parker's film which serves as the cold open to this edit.

unknown.png

I also created a poster for it too...

Polish_20220105_121441214.jpg

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You've cut out some Vulture? He was probably the best part.

I agree the Vulture is fab but this is a Peter Parker centric edit which follows the same rules I applied for my Infinity Thor edit. It follows Peter's arc from Berlin to being dusted.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thats neat, do you have a complete cut list?

Not yet but I'll write a formal cut when I post this on IFDB. I'm currently exporting a 720p workprint to preview it before potentially making some tweaks.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Day 6:

Had a productive little session this morning where I cut around some incomplete effects and costuming errors in the extended "A film by Peter Parker" deleted scene, finessing the new audio transitions along the way. I then encoded a 720p draft of Infinite Spider-Man and I'm currently viewing that before sharing it with a couple of previewers. This evening I plan on rewatching the 1941 The Wolf Man movie with a view to revisit my retro Wolf Men edit this weekend. Boy oh boy is that edit dusty, I literally cannot remember where I got up to with it. 😅

yoshif8tures

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not yet but I'll write a formal cut when I post this on IFDB. I'm currently exporting a 720p workprint to preview it before potentially making some tweaks.
Cool. If you need another previewer then fell free to DM me.

spiderbruv

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm down to preview it if u want !

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Day 7:
  • Infinite Spider-Man is being previewed by @Zarius and @Jrzag42
  • I just received Zarius' feedback which is very positive aside from two minor quibbles.
  • Having rewatched The Wolf Man I feel much happier returning to that edit.
  • I made some really solid headway on my Valerian edit this morning:
    • Rebuilt the first 60 minutes recreating 7 cuts
    • Entirely redid the squid sequence although this might not make the final cut as I'm leaning towards nixxing the entire possession subplot
    • Masked subtitle on Valerian Title card

unknown.png

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Day 8:

My intentions today were as follows:
  1. Address a problematic transition in Infinite Spider-Man. ✅
  2. Finish up my HD rebuild of Valerian and export a workprint. ✅
  3. Process the "The Wolf Man" (1941) disc. ✅
I also:

Made two posters and a teaser for my Valerian edit

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am shocked at how much more productive I've been by forcing myself to do something daily. In 8 days I've completed two drafts #1's (Infinite Spider-Man and Valerian: No Love Lost Edition) and I've also reacquainted myself with some of my other incomplete projects. 10/10 would recommend...

@Darth Kermit has requested I return to working on my Der Panzer edit which is a black and white extended cut of David Ayres' Fury. Both @Dawnrazor and @The Scribbling Man have expressed interest in my retro The Wolf Man edit and @SIUse has suggested I pick up my Underworld edit again. Meanwhile I'm keen to return to my Amazing Spider-Man fanmix.

Which of these 4 should I really focus on for the next few days?

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Obviously I vote for Der Panzer, but I think you should just work on what you are most excited for next. You’ve got a whole 357 days ahead of you, and if you have almost completed two edits in under two weeks, I’d say you’re doing fine.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Naturally, I'm keen to see your Wolf-man edit. But I think it's more often than not best for a faneditor to put their focus on what they feel most passionate about at that time, as that is less likely to burn them out and more likely to be productive.

The exception would be if their passions constantly lead to new projects being started and old ones getting abandoned, when the focus should ideally only move around a small number of projects (hence why we only allow 4 in-the-works threads for faneditors).

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
... extended cut of David Ayres' Fury.
#ReleaseTheAyreCut

No but really, I'm interested in your Amazing Spider-Man edit, I don't recall what the premise behind it was but I love thems Amazing Spider-Mans.

...meanwhile I'm slacking with getting around to previewing your Infinite Spider-Man edit, I was going to watch it last night but I ended up being too tired to watch a movie. I feel like this always happens, I agree to preview edits and then don't get around to it for a while. I should really work on that. You're editing everyday, maybe I should push myself to watch an edit every day, or heck even just committing to watching like 2 a week will get me through my backlog quicker than my current pace.
Today for sure, I swear. (don't hold me to that)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The exception would be if their passions constantly lead to new projects being started and old ones getting abandoned, when the focus should ideally only move around a small number of projects (hence why we only allow 4 in-the-works threads for faneditors).
I feel called out.

Top Bottom