• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Malthus - A Year In Editing.

Day 58:

Today my intention is to create a trailer for my Matrix edit. I have had so much fun revisiting the franchise. If have time I'll also begin work on its companion piece "Zion".

I'm also scoping out various options for the sound design of the RECUT podcast. I know I want to make my own intro music and I'm look for other audio cues that I can use to create an immersive experience.

I didn't know you were musical. What kind of stuff do you play?

Musical is a stretch. I like to manipulate preexisting tracks. During lockdown it was a toss up between music production or Fanediting as my new way to remain sane hobby. I used to run a Disco/House/Techno club night in Manchester, UK along side some DJ friends of mine. My musical tastes expand beyond that though and are rather varied ranging from obscure Japanese jazz and citypop to progressive rock, electronica and pop.

Here's are two examples of tracks I editted:

I'm also scoping out various options for the sound design of the RECUT podcast. I know I want to make my own intro music and I'm look for other audio cues that I can use to create an immersive experience.

Are you aiming for a particular genre?

Are you aiming for a particular genre?

Something lo fi or ambient that I can talk over at the start would be good but at this stage it's very loose and I'm open to any and all suggestions. I envision releasing the first episode in April so there's plenty time. I do have an idea for an opening jingle that I'll be exploring either tonight or tomorrow that is comprised of movie and film quotes over some music and effects.

Day 58:

Today my intention is to create a trailer for my Matrix edit. I have had so much fun revisiting the franchise. If have time I'll also begin work on its companion piece "Zion".

So, due to my daughter picking up the Norovirus I only managed to do a little coloit grading practice. Hopefully today I will manage to get that trailer made...

Oh but I did get my first review of my Valerian edit. I'd like to say a big thank you to @DeOutrora for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed the edit!

Day 59:

Well the last day or February was really very productive.
  • I made a trailer for my Matrix edit which I'm really happy with.
  • I developed an intro/jingke concept for my podcast.
  • I locked in two more guests for the podcast (Spence and Last Surviver)
  • I processed my Ghost Rider blu ray
  • I developed a new Ghost Rider poster as @ArtisDead informed me another edit was using the same base image
  • I made @Jrzag42 a poster for their John Dies At The End edit
Polish_20220228_104845285.jpg

Polish_20220228_091035788.jpg

Day 60:

It's the start of March people! So let's take a look back at what I did during February...
  • Released Valerian: No Love Lost Edition
  • Completed my Matrix Fanmix (releasing today)
  • Completed my two Black Widow workprints
  • Created a new Malthus title card
  • Created a new FE title card
  • Created a trailer for my Matrix edit
  • Made 12 posters for various edits
  • Began working on a grindhouse edit of Priest (PREACHERMAN)
  • Began working on ideas for edits of the Blade Trilogy and Ghost Rider
  • Received lovely reviews from @DeOutrora @Palandrin @Bailey @gobiggs88 @T-202 @Zarius thanks folks, it means a lot that you took the time to give feedback on my edits.
  • Laid the groundwork for a new weekly podcast. Thank you to everyone who has been supportive of this idea. I really appreciate it
Aims for March:
  • Record some podcast episodes
  • Complete and release PREACHERMAN
  • Get side tracked and complete a totally different edit and release that instead
Jobs for today include exporting my Matrix edit, uploading it and adding it to IFDB and possible watching the extended cut of Ghost Rider.

I was doing some preliminary tests on some Ghost Rider footage and I'm really impressed with the difference the removal of a few frames can make. In the after sequence 13 frames were removed to create a more fluid effect...

I... prefer the "before" (runs and hides)

I've not seen this film. Is the bike sentient? Is it meant to be throwing him off?

Frankly, If you hadn't tell that something is changed I wouldn't notice the difference and even when I knew, I watched it 5 times before I've noticed.

I was doing some preliminary tests on some Ghost Rider footage and I'm really impressed with the difference the removal of a few frames can make. In the after sequence 13 frames were removed to create a more fluid effect...

Holy s#$%! That's unnerving. I didn't even notice.

Okay...since This is The Malthus Channel...and Malthus has released a bajillion (thanks, Spence) edits...let's vote on our favorite?

Okay...since This is The Malthus Channel...and Malthus has released a bajillion (thanks, Spence) edits...let's vote on our favorite?

12 Art, I've released 12 😅

I actually looked over all my IFDB psges and my Thor: Odinson edit is still my most reviewed and beloved edit. That said Infinite Spider-Man and Valerian are both proving popular and my Die Hard edit gets a lot of love for a film that is largely derided.

Shame no one seems to care about Driver. It truly is my most artistic edit and easily the one of which I'm most proud. And yet it languishes in obscurity. My art clearly means less to you than heroes in capes.

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Back
Top Bottom