• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Malthus - A Year In Editing.

Day 69:

I introduced my 5 year old daughter to NLEs and podcasting. We recorded some adorable audio and I think I'm going to create audio book versions of her favourite bed time stories featuring foley and music.

Last edited:
Day 72:

Wow life really doesn't want to stop. I had a job interview today and ...

Last edited:
Day 73:

After waiting and messing around with my podcast stuff....

Last edited:
Day 80:

What do you get if you cross a stag do with a hangover?

A very unproductive Malthus!

So yeah it safe to say life definitely got in the way this weekend but I'm back on it.

We are currently on the eightieth day of 2022 and I had a productive one.

My Black Widow edits got exported, I tinkered with some podcast recordings and I watched some special features on the Dark Knight Blu-ray which gave me an idea for a new edit...

Day 81:

After enjoying The Batman I wondered about returning to the Nolan trilogy and I got an idea for an edit and I mocked up a poster for it...

Polish_20220322_022158778.jpg

Day 82:

I rewatched Batman Begins amd made notes. I also began processing the various discs for it and The Dark Knight and practiced using the 3D DVE tool on Lightworks.

Day 83:

I made some huge milestones editing Batman Begins and cut film down to around 15 minutes focused on Batman versus the scarecrow

Day 84:

I experimented with some alternative presentations of some bonus content today and created a pretty cool effect. Basically I didn't want to crop some footage so I framed it within the image of an old TV. I really rather like the effect.

Day 85:

I plan on watching The Dark Knight again a d editing some podcast episodes

Regraded: Using a grading inspired by The Batman
Rescored: The Batmobile sequence now features All Along The Watchtower by Jimmy Hendrix
Removed: Katie Holmes

I like the regrade, although i think it’s still a little to yellow/warm.
What‘s your intend in using Hendrix for this scene?

What‘s your intend in using Hendrix for this scene?

The Batman uses "Something in the way" by Nirvana so I wanted to homage that by including a song I've always associated with Batman (Joker, Watchtowers, getting no relief etc). I love how it fits the scene.

Last edited:

Regraded: Using a grading inspired by The Batman
Rescored: The Batmobile sequence now features All Along The Watchtower by Jimmy Hendrix
Removed: Katie Holmes
Wow! That is freaking awesome! Love that.

Day 91:

Well well well a change in my relationship status and a new job really impacted my workflows. I've done very little editing except tinkering with Batman Begins but it's a brand new month so I guess it's a good time to reflect on March.

Overview:
This month I plan on completing my Batman edit and PREACHERMAN

It's almost been a week without editing...

Love my new job though but ooof it's impacted my workflows. Tonight is the night...

Back
Top Bottom