• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Malthus - A Year In Editing.

Shame no one seems to care about Driver. It truly is my most artistic edit and easily the one of which I'm most proud. And yet it languishes in obscurity.

Wait, what?
I was to say that it's exact same situation here but... it isn't. You got 6 reviews, I'd be happy to have that amount of reviews for my favourite edit of mine, but it's not even close.

Last edited:
That can be applied to a lot of films in general.

Personally, I would love to see more experimental edits (and have ones of my own planned). Unfortunately, I don't like the original Drive film, so a fanedit of any sort doesn't appeal to me. (sorry, Malthus!) I like the concept of your Driver edit though.

I notice you have 6 reviews - by IFDB standards that's pretty good. A lot of niche edits don't get any.

Edit: Actually, I guess this sounds contrary to the whole point of fanedits: "I don't like the original Drive film, so a fanedit of any sort doesn't appeal to me." More accurate for me to say, maybe, that there's nothing about the film that appeals to me enough that I could see myself enjoying an edit...

Yeah, I didn't like Drive too (probably because of Gosling, I like him only in BR2049). How about Machete? ;)

Yeah, that's the problem with edits of less popular movies.

Oh sorry, it isn't the number of reviews, its the demand. You know, I think everyone who requested Driver reviewed it. It is popular with those who watched, sadly those who did are in the minority. Conversely I get requests for my Thor edits almost daily. I've have 20+ review for the Godsized edition but I've had it requested hundreds of time. I can not remember the last time someone requested Driver.

Re: Disliking Drive

I can't absolutely understand that and my edit doesn't try to fix anything about the film merely explore the central character in more detail. Nothing was cut and only a few sequences added. It's probably not the edit for you Scrib

Last edited:
Re: Reviews I'm pretty diligent when replying to requests. I have a variety of stock messages I use all of which encourage the person to leave a review and take time to explain why a review is both appreciated by myself, the editor, and how it benefits the community at large. I'm keen to foster the dialogues both between editor and viewer and viewers and potential viewers. In fact my podcast idea started as a way for me to facilitate those discussions while forcing myself to watch more edits and ultimately review more of them too.

Day 61:

Definitely fell into this trap fast...
Get side tracked and complete a totally different edit and release that instead
Since my Matrix edit has been released I'm going to focus on finishing my Spider-Man edit as it, like my Valerian edit before has been on the shelf far too long and it represents my most ambitious fanmix to date. I had Intended to officially start on either Blade or Ghost Rider but they can and should wait.

As for my other ITW projects:
  • PREACHERMAN will continued to be tinkered with and is 70% done.
  • Black Widow is complete but I need previewers (any takers).
  • Underworld is breaking my heart. I think I need to revisit Cliff Martinez's back catalogue for more scoring options. At this point I think it'll likely become a hybrid score with sections retaining the original score. That or I ditch the rescore entirely.
Spider-Man shouldn't be a big job but it was an aim for February that I totally ignored it. Why am I like this 😅

12 Art, I've released 12 😅
Oh, my...now that is not quite a bajillion, is it? I may have miscounted.
I actually looked over all my IFDB psges and my Thor: Odinson edit is still my most reviewed and beloved edit.
Still haven't seen it...🙄😬
That said Infinite Spider-Man and Valerian are both proving popular and my Die Hard edit gets a lot of love for a film that is largely derided.
I've seen Valerian. Did not care for original. Love your edit. Liked your Die Hard edit.
Shame no one seems to care about Driver. It truly is my most artistic edit and easily the one of which I'm most proud. And yet it languishes in obscurity.
You did an edit of Driver? 🤔
My art clearly means less to you than heroes in capes.
I know you ain't talking about me, bud! Thems fightin words!

Last edited:
If an editor can compel me to:

A) Purchase and watch an edit of a movie that I would have never watched otherwise. The House of Abrasax.

B) Love an edit of a movie that I only vaguely remember watching and did not like. Valerian: No Love Lost.

and/or

C) Rekindle my fascination with an old favorite. Dino Crisis.

They would rank quite high in my book.

Last edited:
Day 62:

I worked up some intro concepts for the podcast and did a few small tasks on my Spider-Man edit. Mainly I spent the day looking after my poorly daughter.

Thank you, Malthus! So glad you enjoyed it :) the review is very much appreciated.

Day 64:

Thanks to a review from @GelflingHand I went back and removed a continuity error from my Valerian edit and adjusted the audio level of the credits. I then exported the new version two ready to be uploaded.

I also got more Interview dates for the podcast lined up. I'm excited to be talking with @Bobson Dugnutt later today and a variety of other editors throughout next week.

And I just woke up to a wonderful review of my Infinity Thor edit courtesy of @MrFrission. They joined the community on Monday and have already left 3 reviews. What a way to start! Thank you

Day 61:

Definitely fell into this trap fast...

Since my Matrix edit has been released I'm going to focus on finishing my Spider-Man edit as it, like my Valerian edit before has been on the shelf far too long and it represents my most ambitious fanmix to date. I had Intended to officially start on either Blade or Ghost Rider but they can and should wait.

As for my other ITW projects:
  • PREACHERMAN will continued to be tinkered with and is 70% done.
  • Black Widow is complete but I need previewers (any takers).
  • Underworld is breaking my heart. I think I need to revisit Cliff Martinez's back catalogue for more scoring options. At this point I think it'll likely become a hybrid score with sections retaining the original score. That or I ditch the rescore entirely.
Spider-Man shouldn't be a big job but it was an aim for February that I totally ignored it. Why am I like this 😅
I'll gladly preview Black Widow for you.

Day 66:

Put out the pilot episode of the recut podcast and recorded a lovely conversation @The Scribbling Man too. I might however needed to replace me new podcast microphone as it appears to be faulty

Last edited:
Day 67:

Started work on editing the conversation I had with The Scribbling Man. This time I'm using my NLE to edit the conversation down and it's making it so much smoother. Audacity is a wonderful tool but for simply editing things down its interface is very clucky by comparison to Lightworks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom