• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Making subtitles

Mnm

Reaction score
Trophy Points
O.K. my next issue is about subtitles. Which is the best way to make subtitle and in what program, so that you can later include them in DVD-Lab? What is the best program for creating subtitles? I know that that is the long process, but I must make them.

I use subtitle workshop (freeware). It is a bit picky about which video it accepts and it is also a bit buggy at times, so one needs to get used to it, but it has provided me with great subs all the time. I save in sonic scenarist mode (ssa), because DVD LAB PRO can perfectly handle that. My version of DVD LAB PRO has difficulties with the borders for srt subs, which meant that sometimes the lines were stretching over the visible area, so no one could read them entirely.
What I always do is: I convert my finished version to avi and then start with the subtitles. Usually I alter the existing ones, by moving them to the right timecode, but sometimes I need to add some lines. Subtitle workshop can do all of that.

I see. Well I have used Subtitle Workshop before to subtitle the 'Help!' from Beatles for my father in law. You are right, it is nice program. So I will do just that, when I finish my work, I'll convert video to .avi and than make the subs. So, SSA then? O.K.

Back
Top Bottom