• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Mad Max Trilogy, The:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mad Max Trilogy, The:

I was looking forward to this edit, but I watched the first hour or so and had to give up.

Things don't start off well. The edit starts with the opening credits from Mad Max 2, including the actual Mad Max 2 title card. Right off the bat, the lack of custom credits and, at the very least, not altering the "Mad Max 2" title card, tells me that not a lot of effort was put into this. But, I soldiered on. The Road Warrior plays for about 52 minutes and the video quality is quite good, but the audio is just 2.0, disappointing for an action movie like this.

Then at about 52 minutes in, it all falls apart. During a scene where Max is semi-conscious, we get a flashback to the first Mad Max. It feels like the intent is to flashback to Max's memories using scenes from the first Mad Max. Which is a fine idea, but we get a bunch of scenes that Max was not a part of and would have no memory of. Which might not be a fatal flaw were it not for the audio editing. There is no attempt to make a smooth transition both in or out of this scene. There are hard, jarring cuts, with obvious differences in the audio levels of the 2 films. Further, and this may have been an artistic choice, there are at least 2 audio tracks playing over each other during this flashback scene - the original audio and.... I don't know, something else. I have no idea what this was supposed to achieve, but it is a very odd choice and I don't think it works. I had to give up there. The concept is interesting, but the execution is really lacking.

https://fanedit.org/the-mad-max-trilogy/discussions/8993/

Back
Top Bottom