• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Mad Max: Get to the point edit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a new position at work and new hours. In adjusting to this I was up for 24 hours last night. In that delirium, I made a super quick edit of something I always wanted to do. This brings us to:

MAD MAX: get to the point edit:

FIRSTLY REPEAT AFTER ME: "BLASPHEMY!"

Got that out of your systems now? Good, lets go on:

I loved the film but always thought a lot of the drama slowed it down (or it was the score music used though I do like that as well). At any rate I did the unthinkable:

1. I edited out any reference or scene of Max's family
2. I kept most of all the action and drama that revolved around those scenes
3. Because I cut out Max's family, it now looks like he goes nuts for what the toecutter gang did to his friend Goose.
4. film now runs 57mins
4a. kept both Aussie and US languages

I used the OOP Jap dvd because the US disc had some crazy issues that no matter what I tried, upon any editing (this even includes just copying a section and not doing anything with it) the sync goes out. Trust me I did try everything short of trying to adjust it to re-fit the film.
The Jap dvd still looks very nice, is widescreen (4:3 however) and worked fine

the only thing I might do is re-encode the film so it's animorphic, but really it will not bother me if I do not end up doing that

I wanted to keep this as a fast edit so no crazy menus or the full nine yards. I am going to burn a test disc and then get it out there.--enjoy

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmmmm.... and I was hoping for Mad Max 2.
But maybe this plays well. I love my Mad Max 1 though, it's the only good movie for me of this franchise.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
and for myself, I loved mad max 2 (the road warrior) the most out of the three.

I am eventually going to up a preservation cut of the NBC tv version for mad max 2

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds intersting, i saw MM2 first so i found MM1 really boring, might give this one a look when its available.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
man i've really liked your other projects, tranzor, but i gotta say that this one is questionable, LOL :)

i'll still check it out, tho.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
edit is all set and should be available by tomorrow===

Tubes

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks interesting. I can't see how you can cut out any reference to Max's family and keep the movie intact (not to mention that it's impossible to cut those references out of MM2).

I'd like to see someone recut Thunderdome. For all the good moments it had, there where more than enough cringeworthy ones (I'll give you a hint; OOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!).

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FILM TITLE: MAD MAX
NEW TITLE: MAD MAX: GET TO THE POINT EDIT
YEAR FILM WAS MADE: 1979
YEAR EDIT WAS MADE: 2008

ORIGINAL RUNTIME: 93 mins
NEW RUNTIME: 57 MINS

PURPOSE OF EDIT: I loved the film but always thought a lot of the drama slowed it down (or it was the score music used though I do like that as well). At any rate I cut out most of the drama and now you have a pretty straight forward cop vs biker film.

I mainly made this for myself, but figured to share it anyway

**** there is one small 30 second scene I should have removed but left it in. It does not hamper much. This is the scene were FiFi is talking with the lawyer type about bribing Max with a new car (the vCool in order to stay on the force.

I also joined most scenes with an audio fade out as that is all I could do with them. However by doing this is does help give the illusion of more time passing

WHAT WAS DONE:
1. I edited out any reference or scene of Max's family
2. I kept most of all the action and drama that revolved around those scenes
3. Because I cut out Max's family, it now looks like he goes nuts for what the toecutter gang did to his friend Goose.
4. kept both Aussie and US languages

TIME IT TOOK: 30 MINS

uploaded to Rapidshare

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
didnt know there's a Aussie and U.S. languages.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
oh yes, back then, they were afraid the Americans would not understand the Aussie slang, so they made 2 language versions.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
definitely.

they did an english (!!!) dub and this was the only available version outside of australia until the last dvd release.

i had a VHS bootleg of the original cut and man did that thing get borrowed often!

if you've not seen the original version i think it would be good to revisit this film.

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That english-dubbed track is one of the worst audio tracks i've ever heard. It's an abomination and insulting. Every movie should always be presented in it's original spoken language.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
agreed and if a dub is available, to offer that as a second audio option.
The OOP jap dvd I used for this edit was the first NTSC release to offer the original Austalian language (dvd was made in 1997) in addition to the standard US dub

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this may be a dumb question so if it is feel free to laugh and point

i've seen MM1 a couple of times but they were both well over ten years ago once on video and and thinking about it a couple of times on various telly channels but i have no idea which audio track the movies had.

i know some aussie slang is pretty impenetrable but surely just the accent wouldn't be enough to warrant a total redub?

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sadly that is pretty much what they did. A few things slip by but a good 99% is overdubbed.

now if somebody would download the edit..

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is the original version with the aussie soundtrack still available commercially?

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah the last MM dvd released is dirt cheap and contains both audio tracks (i'm looking at it right now :) )

Top Bottom