• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mad Max: Get to the point edit

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
thanks for the heads up guys! 8)

Cool idea, but what if someone made Mad Max 1 and 2 into one movie?
that would be a great idea....

that could work, but really there would not be much of any editing to join them. The end of the first mad max can fade right into the second with minimal effort

now trying to combine mad max 2 and 3 into one super film (mixing the films, not just joining) would be a challenge if it could even be done. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is in thunderdome when max is cast out in the desert, you could techincally combine that when he is saved by the gyro capt from part 2 and then essentially lead the edit in that direction. More of actually having part 3 occur first. Of course the long hair and short hair would be a problem as well.

ok recorded a commentary track (see IWM's review for this edit under the members review section). Deleted current rpaidshare version. WIll upload ver 1.2 later tonight. Content will be exactly the same except for the added commentary track-

mad max: get to the point edit ver 1.2 up now.
Same features as before with an added commentary track by yours truly)

uploaded to Rapidshare

I had this idea that you or someone else might be intrerested in. I was going to make a MM1/MM2 DVD where the ending of MM1 with the closeup of max driving in the night fades into the shot coming out of the blower from MM2. Since you've already chopped down MM1, this would be a good version to use for something like that. If you could chop down MM2, mabey excise alot of the hippies in the camp, you could probley cut through both movies in 2hrs or less.

Edit: I just noticed that someone said the same thing above, Lol.
I dont know but I would leave MM3 out of it, that thing was a mess. Plus parts like the train chase were just knockoffs of MM2 and Gyrocaptain ending MM2 as buddies with Max and then robbing him in MM3 would be kinda stupid.
It is a prime candidate for a standalone re-edit though. To bad they never released any extras/ deleted scenes for these movies.

BTW: where can I find your warriors edit?

I just had an idea about combining mm2 and mm3. What if it starts with MM2 untill max crashes the interceptor, then cuts to him showing up at bartertown to be reequipped. Then after he is sent into the wasteland for the gulag it cuts back to him returning to the compound to drive the truck for the final chase? It would be tricky but it could possibly be edited to seem that he returns to the compound beat up because Aunties henchmen gave him a beating and that autie and the marauders/humongus are affiliated so driving the truck is his revenge against Auntie.

robthom said:
I just had an idea about combining mm2 and mm3. What if it starts with MM2 untill max crashes the interceptor, then cuts to him showing up at bartertown to be reequipped. Then after he is sent into the wasteland for the gulag it cuts back to him returning to the compound to drive the truck for the final chase? It would be tricky but it could possibly be edited to seem that he returns to the compound beat up because Aunties henchmen gave him a beating and that autie and the marauders/humongus are affiliated so driving the truck is his revenge against Auntie.

So his hair will grow long when he goes to Bartertown and then go back to being short when he goes back to the wasteland?

rijir said:
So his hair will grow long when he goes to Bartertown and then go back to being short when he goes back to the wasteland?

Actually I forgot that his hair was long in the 3rd. But possibly a transition could be used like a fade out or blurring the screen to express a passage of time. It could be intimated that after the interceptor crash he recouperates, wanders for a long time growing his hair and getting the cloth robe and then stumbles into barter town. Then when the settlers rescue him after the Gulag, they have cut his hair and removed his pilgrim robe, restoring him to a warrior again.

I didn't say it would be easy.
:)

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, this idea would need removal of any referance to leaving in the truck the same night before he refuses and leaves in the interceptor. Possibly some of the footage could be restored after he has returned before the final chase.

Edit again: A portian of the scene of him walking in the desert with the monkey after the gyrocaptain stole the truck could be inserted followed by another fade to show him wandering before he gets to bartertown.

I enjoyed the edit and the commentary track as well. You thoughts on the anamorphic issue made me chuckle :grin: .

in addition to the regular cover work, 3d (for glasses red/blue) cover art is available as well

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/219447986/MME3D.rar

Back
Top Bottom