• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Machete Sharpened

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ME48QWN_o.jpg

Ok, so my next project is fanedit of Robert Rodriguez' Machete - the goal is to make the movie more in line with what fake trailer (attached to Planet Terror) was promising.

1) More blood, more fun, more nudity, less talking
2) Make it grindhoused - originally only the prologue is stylized that way
3) trim down the senator played by De Niro and cut some of talking about the immigrants - it's still important, but there's no need to talk about it that much
4) try to cut / trim some scenes in which titular character isn't present and make the movie more about Machete himself, maybe even delete some secondary characters if possible
5) add at least some of the deleted scenes, especially bloody ones, also incorporate some shots from fake trailer.
6) maybe some re-scoring but that depends on what ideas I will have and how difficult it will be - any ideas appreciated
7) and last but not least - expand divine Steven's role, which may be the most fun aspect of the whole process

I was also wondering if there are some movies with Trejo in which he looks like Machete that could be used, any ideas?
I haven't watched the sequel yet, maybe there is something that could be incoporated here?

Last edited:

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love this! More Grindhouse fun from Gieferg!

Trejo also plays Machete in Spy Kids, but it's a nicer Machete ("Uncle Machete" to the titular kids). Don't know if you'd find an use for that appearance, but I guess it could be fun as a mid-credits/post-credits easter egg.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone knows about a movie in which Danny Trejo (in age/look similar to Machete) is sitting in a bar, let me know.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone knows about a movie in which Danny Trejo (in age/look similar to Machete) is sitting in a bar, let me know.

Breaking Bad has an episode with him in a bar.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I 'm considering doing some music montages Cobra/Rocky IV style.
That way some footage from other movies may be used regardless of the dialogue which will be discarded anyway.

----

Maybe someone can name a movie which have heroine injecting scene? Only an arm of a woman in the shot is needed.

----

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've found a few useful shots for flashback montage, including some "Sopranos" footage :)

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
American Gangster certainly has that

Turned out that cocaine-snorting blonde (with the face not very visible, cause you know, it's meant to be a double for Lohan) would be more useful.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems, that the character of that edit changes during the editing process. After closer examination I am no longer sure if this:

"trim down the senator played by De Niro and cut some of talking about the immigrants - it's still important, but there's no need to talk about it that much"
will be the case.

Instead of shorter version I now have something that is 8 minutes longer than theatrical cut and only few parts were cut (including senator's "second death" and second scene with the "smart bodyguards").

Maybe will try to release a trailer soon.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Re-scoring it for few days and just decided, that it won't be done the way JLG was. I mean, Machete has quite fitting soundtrack, on the contrary to Junkie XL work in ZSJL which I consider to be quite forgettable, this one I really like. But of course, the re-scoring is important part of the edit so there will be some added songs/music, just not re-scoring 95% of it, more like 50%. Additionaly, there may be optional audio with original soundtrack untouched (except some additional scenes like the flashback montage) included in Blu-ray version.

Also, I've just got an idea for some fun extra feature but that will be revealed a little later (and may be saved for blu-ray release, not sure yet).

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Time permitting, could I possibly throw a fake trailer your way? I have a fake Machete sequel trailer idea I've been wanting to work on.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not really sure what you mean (keep in mind I'm not a native english speaker so certain phrases are sometimes unclear to me).

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry! I have an idea to create a fake movie trailer for a Machete movie that would be cool to see. I didn't know if you would want to include it as like a trailer before the movie starts (like Grindhouse did) or as a teaser at the end of the credits.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, it depends on what footage will be used in it.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some finishing touches left to do - logos, additional sfx, maybe some blood effects here and there (now I regret that I didn't try to do this with JLG, especially in WW action scene at the beginning), but I think I'll postpone it a little to add that extra feature I've mentioned before.

I am also thinking about adding some trailers before the main feature - these could be real trailers of movies in "right mood", some mashups (I've seen one which I like, but it would need to be re-done from scratch to fit here), or maybe even actual trailer of my next project. We'll see.

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, so how it turned out?

As something between extended edition, fanfix and fanmix.
Running time is now 114 minutes.

1) More blood, more fun, more nudity, less talking
More blood, more fun, more nudity, MORE talking.

2) Make it grindhoused - originally only the prologue is stylized that way
Added a layer of thick grain and grindhouse effects to whole movie.

3) trim down the senator played by De Niro and cut some of talking about the immigrants - it's still important, but there's no need to talk about it that much
Well... senator lost some of his scenes (TV spots, "second death"), but got two additional from deleted scenes section.
4) try to cut / trim some scenes in which titular character isn't present and make the movie more about Machete himself, maybe even delete some secondary characters if possible
Didn't happen. It is even less about Machete, cause some characters got more screen time and there were some scenes cut with Machete himself (he got additional flashback sequence though).
5) add at least some of the deleted scenes, especially bloody ones, also incorporate some shots from fake trailer.
Most of the deleted scenes were added back into the movie with the exception of two.

6) maybe some re-scoring but that depends on what ideas I will have and how difficult it will be
Yeah, a LOT of rescoring was done.

7) and last but not least - expand divine Steven's role, which may be the most fun aspect of the whole process

Seagal got several new scenes made from repurposed footage from: "Urban Justice", "The Keeper", "Kill Switch" and "Driven to Kill".
His subplot is now a bit silly, over the top and absurd, but hey - this is Grindhouse after all.

This will be available very soon.

PS. I may add some trailers but only for Blu-ray release. Initial mp4 won't have that.

Movies Remastered

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm all over this. Looking forward to it, dude. I wasn't a fan of the sequel so maybe you could use parts of that in this edit?

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was considering it (at least for post-credits sequence) but I'd need to buy the sequel on Blu-ray first and I really don't want to.

Movies Remastered

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haha! I've reluctantly brought a bunch of blu-rays I didn't like just for scenes. Terminator dark fate was my most recent but I really loved the young John Connor scene so it had to be done.

Thankfully Machete is pretty old so it should only be a few dollars now.

Top Bottom