• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Luc Besson's Adèle Blanc-Sec

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
(I did not find my original thread about this but)

"Les Aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec"
"The extraordinary adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec"
based on the french comic book by Jacques Tardi and directed by Luc Besson is currently on shooting.

63083_170909-bourgoin.jpg

Louise Bourgoin in the lead role
Bourgouin_Louise_-_Louise_Bourgoin.png

and also with:
Mathieu Amalric
MathieuAmalric.jpg

Jean-Paul Rouve
jp_rouve.jpg

Gilles Lellouche
gilles_lellouche_1.jpg

Frédérique Bel
frederique-bel.jpg

The story is set in the 1915 Paris and should deal with strange phenomenon à la H.P Lovecraft.
It is said Luc Besson could make it a trilogy if this is a succes.

Cool! No wait... Didn't Luc Besson declare he would stop making movies after his 10th feature?

Meh - I've lost faith in Besson in 1997. I don't believe in this but really hope it turns out to be good.

Also, nice side-boob in that second picture there... :eek:

blueyoda said:
Didn't Luc Besson declare he would stop making movies after his 10th feature?

Yes he said that. When I heard about a sequel to Arthur and the minimoys I also thought about that "10 movies rule" but he stated that, to him, Arthur sequels can be taken as one movie (...) but with Adèle Blanc-Sec he will definitely broke this rule.

I think he wants to be the first to use his new movie studio that he just finished to built:

la_cite_du_cinema_2.jpg

I hated Arthur and the Minimoys. Hated, hated, hated it. I wouldn't wish for anyone to watch that horrible patronising piece of crap.
So in a nutshell, I have zero expectations for this.

Ghostcut said:
I hated Arthur and the Minimoys. Hated, hated, hated it. I wouldn't wish for anyone to watch that horrible patronising piece of crap.
So in a nutshell, I have zero expectations for this.

I won't even watch that movie. That said, even with a tragedy like that, I think one can still have decent expectations from the man that made Leon and Nikita. Some of his more recent films have had decent reviews too.

Spoiler free little review:

Saw this one yesterday and I found it very good.
It's a very positive movie. Meaning family friendly, but in a good sens, aka not only kids friendly.
Luc Besson took a little bit of Jean-Pierre Jeunet style from time to time (Amelie style), a little bit of Spielberg (the introduction of the lead female character is very Indiana Jones style, in a Temple Of Doom kind of way).
So it's more Luc Besson playing with the source material (a comic boolk) to have fun with it than a very ambitious movie.
It is not a masterpiece but VERY entertaining.

The CGI looks good overall. Sometime they are not amazing but still have charms (the story is not grounded in reality so it don't matter much IMO.)

Louise bourgoin is very good in the lead role. She really can go from comic to emotional scenes very easily.
Mathieu Amalric, although he is credited as a major character, don't have much screening time overall.

If they do more adventures od Adele Blanc-Sec I will see them with pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom