• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

low volume ac3 sound question

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
can an ac3 sound file be normalised like a wav file,so I can increase the overall sound,I can do it very easily with Audition on a wav file,but if not I can load the ac3 into Audition change to wac(PCM) normalise,but can I take the normalised sound and convert back to ac3?
I hope I make sense with my question LOL
thanks

the reason I am asking is,when you change the PAL ac3 to NTSC there is a noticeable volume drop,I would like to boost it back up.

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks a bunch Boon,I will do some reading,thanks for providing the links.

DoctorM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you are using some form of BeSweet with ac3enc, and that's your problem right there.

There is a known bug that has never been (and probably never will) be fixed in ac3enc: The audio level is just too low.

If you use anything better (anyone still using Soft Encode besides me?) you have the ability to set the offset level that normalizes the volume on playback.

Top Bottom