• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Love, Death + Robots (Netflix)

Which short did you like?

• Sonnie's Edge

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Three Robots

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The Witness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suits

• Sucker of Souls

• When the Yogurt Took Over

• Beyond the Aquila Rift

• Good Hunting

• The Dump

• Shape-Shifters

• Helping Hand

• Fish Night

• Lucky 13

• Zima Blue

• Blind Spot

• Ice Age

• Alternate Histories

• The Secret War

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When Tim Miller and David Fincher get together, you can expect something crazy coming out of it and boy do they deliver...

Love, Death + Robots is a collection of animated shorts spanning various genres including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy. This anthology series is definitely one of the more interesting things coming out of Netflix lately and I hope more crazy and creative projects like that will follow...

The trailer should give you a taste of what to expect:

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've only watched the first one so far. This is conceptually right up my alley. I didn't love the one I watched but I liked it for sure (the ending helped, no spoilers tho), and I'm definitely interested in watching the others.

For those who don't know, it started as a reboot of Heavy Metal, then continued without the name as the rights came into question. So it's animated, but it's an anthology, and it's intended only for adults.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
For those who don't know, it started as a reboot of Heavy Metal

Cool, did not know that... but it makes sense :)

ChainsawAsh

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After the intensely violent darkness of Sonnie's Edge (which I loved), I was very pleasantly surprised by how hilarious Three Robots was.

Have only seen about half so far, but I've at least liked all of them to some degree.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Initially on Twitter I just saw bad reviews, saying that it's a classic adult for adult's sake, all gross and over the top nudity and whatnot. But everything you guys are saying, and one tweet in particular, I really want to check it out now.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ChainsawAsh said:
After the intensely violent darkness of Sonnie's Edge (which I loved), I was very pleasantly surprised by how hilarious Three Robots was.

Have only seen about half so far, but I've at least liked all of them to some degree.

I loved Three Robots; so damn funny. When the Yogurt Took Over was really good too.

I'm almost through with it, I think I have another 4 or 5 to watch. The weakest one of the bunch of those I have seen is Fish Night.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is it better than the Halo Top ice cream commercial?

If anyone says yes, I'll know who the liars are.

DonKamillo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Q2 said:
ChainsawAsh said:

I loved Three Robots; so damn funny. When the Yogurt Took Over was really good too.

"Alternate Histories" had some potential to be up there with those two but went way overboard for me :)

Q2 said:
I'm almost through with it, I think I have another 4 or 5 to watch. The weakest one of the bunch of those I have seen is Fish Night.

Yeah after watching all of them "Fish Night" was probably the weakest for me. Kinda expected some explanation for all the weirdness but then it just ended.

jrWHAG42 said:
I really want to check it out now.

Try it out mate. Worst case you'll only waste like 10min of your life ;)

TVs Frink said:
Is it better than the Halo Top ice cream commercial?

LMAO :D just watched it for the first time and it's quite similar to "When the Yogurt Took Over". Regarding the dark humor the commercial wins but just because it's not animated.

Top Bottom