• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Love and Monsters EXTENDED

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched Love and Monsters when it first became available during quarantine and I was pleasantly surprised what a great movie and somewhat of a hidden gem it is. It has a great balance of humor, heart and its fair share of scary monsters.

I've pretty much placed the deleted scenes in their respective spots, so now it's just a matter of cleaning up the sound and smoothing things out.

Out of the deleted scenes, there was one with unfinished effects that I cut around so we get the gist of the scene and now neither we nor Joel see the monster. I'll post it because I would like to get some feedback on if it woks or not.

One deleted scene was towards the end right after Joel's big hero moment and it just kind of made him look like an idiot again, so I left that one out.

The only additional "edit" I did to the actual film itself was moving the fate of Clyde and Minnow to a post-credits scene since I felt like ending the movie with another Joel joke after he had grown so much just took me out of the high I had at the end with him leading his colony.

Original runtime: 108 minutes
At the moment fan edit runtime: 117 mins

Poster to follow soon!

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only additional "edit" I did to the actual film itself was moving the fate of Clyde and Minnow to a post-credits scene since I felt like ending the movie with another Joel joke after he had grown so much just took me out of the high I had at the end with him leading his colony.

Brilliant idea!

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

Poster art for when this is ready to go!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched this last night.

While the deleted scenes are few and brief, they add an extra layer of background and emotional depth.

The deleted scene insertions are seamless with excellent audio work.

An already wonderful movie made even BETTER! Good stuff!!! šŸ‘ šŸ˜Š:love:

Last edited:

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you @bionicbob!

Thanks to your preview and suggestion of moving the post credits scene of Minnow and Clyde to a mid credits, this should be good to go once I update the change.

Like Bob said, there arenā€™t many additions, but one of them definitely adds a little more to the emotion of the previous events.

All additional music used was by this filmā€™s composer Marco Beltrami from his work on Logan. Itā€™s subtle and just to add some atmosphere as well as to link the deleted scenes from the theatrical scenes a little more smoothly.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i'd love to watch this edit but i am going to have to import the bluray first as it is not available in the UK - it looks like i can get it for around Ā£15.00 on Amazon. I'll be in touch once it arrives (y)

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally had a chance to update the change for the mid credits scene. The edit is DONE and will be rendered and uploaded in the next few days.

Now you can spend a whopping 9 extra minutes in your favorite Dylan O'Brien led monster movie!

Top Bottom