• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Louie on FX

Gatos said:
and also the New Jersey episode he plays the husband of the hot chick who drives Louie back to her place

Aw man, I totally forgot he played that dude! Good times.

"Louie" Season 5 has been kinda hit-and-miss so far...

Pot Luck - B
Louie goes to the wrong pot luck dinner, ends up at a cult meeting.

A La Carte - C-
Louie hosts an open mic night against his will, then tries to move his relationship with Pamela to the next level.

Cop Story - B+
Louie has an uncomfortable Boys Night Out with a friend from high school, now an NYPD cop.

Bobby's House - C
Louie's brother complains about his life, then Louie gets beaten up by a girl,
then Louie gets raped by a girl.

Untitled - B
Louie reflects on a series of nightmares.

Here's what I thought about the rest of Louie Season 5:

Sleepover - B+
Louie hosts a wacky sleepover party for his daughter's friends.

The Road Part 1 - B+
Louie encounters a series of mis-adventures of life on the road.

The Road Part 2 - B
Louie continues to show how much it sucks to be a travelling comedian.

Here's hoping Louie can get back to the greatness of Season 3.

Hey Louie fans! Recognize this 23-y.o. from TNG's "Who Watches the Watchers?"?!

latest

... Yep, that's Ms. Adlon. Wild, huh?! :)

Neglify said:
Just finished the 6-part "Elevator" arc. Man oh man CK is at the top of his game here. I'm seriously considering a 95 minute TV-to-Movie edit of "The Elevator" plus a little bit from "Back".
Just finished S4, meaning I'm now all caught up what Netflix currently offers. (Seeing Hawkeye pop up was a total and welcome surprise.) The "Elevator" arc was indeed pretty good, but the Pamela eps were my favorite. Damn, that woman is an awesome character! Not from a wish-fulfillment perspective - I could never go for someone that raw and abrasive myself - but seeing her and Louie the character play off each other is just marvelously entertaining.

(Also, she's super hot.)

And then "Model"... man, was that one funny. Victor Garber showing up for one scene at the end was simply priceless. Love how there's no opening credits, so these appearances are actual surprises; most hour-long shows fail in that regard.

Gaith said:
Just finished S4... the Pamela eps were my favorite. Damn, that woman is an awesome character! Not from a wish-fulfillment perspective - I could never go for someone that raw and abrasive myself - but seeing her and Louie the character play off each other is just marvelously entertaining.

No spoilers, but I'm very curious to know what you think of her character in Season 5, once Netflix gets it.

Neglify said:
No spoilers, but I'm very curious to know what you think of her character in Season 5, once Netflix gets it.

Ditto that.

^ Well, I look forward to S5, as well as Adlon's upcoming new FX show, the pilot of which CK directed.

In other stuff, I just watched Jon Stewart's final two Daily Shows. And here is a Picture of Zen:

image.jpg

CK is taking another hiatus from the show, so who knows when Season 6 will happen. Looks like he's too busy with everything else on his place. Source.

Neglify said:

Welp, just finished the fifth season, and I liked it a lot. I've seen the show over too many years to have any opinion on whether one season as a whole is better than another, and it all is starting to feel a tad bit tired. If this is the end of the show, it's a good and honorable end.

Neglify said:
A La Carte - C-
Louie hosts an open mic night against his will, then tries to move his relationship with Pamela to the next level.

Aw, I really liked this one! I loved how Pamela was articulating what she wanted in a mature and complex way, but in her quintessentially juvenile language. As for the violation scene a few episodes later, there've been several of those throughout the series, and it didn't seem to really bother Louie, so I admit I more or less forgot about it in the midst of the breakup scene that followed. Of course it was sh*y of her to make him up as a woman and the rest knowing full well she was going to dump him, but a sane person would've stopped pursuing her long ago. The show is too loose and casual with continuity for me to have any deeper opinion on the specifics of their relationship.

I'm still looking forward to Adlon's show, by the way. In other TV comedy news, tried the premieres of the second season of Kimmy Schmidt (after mostly liking the first season) and Lady Dynamite on Netflix, and found both to be off-puttingly shrill, and lacking that edge of tactile reality that makes Louie so great.

^ Speaking of Adlon's upcoming show...

Back
Top Bottom