• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

LOTR blu-ray deleted scenes

ben_danger

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello! I hope this is the appropriate section of the forum.

Does anybody know if the LOTR blu-ray has any additional features that are not present in the Extended DVD boxset?
Are there any additional deleted scenes that have not been integrated into the extended version?

If there are any additional deleted scenes, are they of a quality to be considered for a Fan-Edit?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this!

I think the only difference between the extended DVD boxset and the extended blu boxset is an additional doc for each movie. No extra scenes.

bummer. thanks anyway frink!

its such a shame because SO much was filmed, such as aragorn having his armour put on in ROTK, and a goblin assault on lothlorien in FOTR. i could imagine if a supreme edition got released after the hobbit fever wears off it will be a faneditor's wet dream.

ben_danger said:
bummer. thanks anyway frink!

its such a shame because SO much was filmed, such as aragorn having his armour put on in ROTK, and a goblin assault on lothlorien in FOTR. i could imagine if a supreme edition got released after the hobbit fever wears off it will be a faneditor's wet dream.
Peter Jackson has said that an "ultimate edition" would be released with all the deleted material, although not incorporated into the movies as "they would just weaken the movies" according to Jackson. It will have most likely hours and hours of footage as the original cut (an edit that was ready to be sent off to scoring) of FOTR was a whole 5 hours long. And who knows how long the other two movies could have gone.

i really hope that does happen. i could imagine it happening maybe after the hobbit has stopped making money, or maybe as some sort of LOTR anniversary edition (or special edition goodness forbid!)

when the hobbit movies are out, and perhaps after some additional footage is made available it would be good to see a full remixed approach to the films. im sure ive seen the books redivided in a larger set before.

Well after the Hobbit is done, Elijah Wood expressed that they're are planning to do LOTR 3D, so maybe that'll be some sort of special edition. I know that the masters are 2K and Peter has discussed a lot of concern over using higher resolution technology (the hobbit being 5K and the LOTR 35mm film being about 4K), They'll probably have to update the VFX for the new higher resolution 3D format. Also would be nice if they used the EE's instead of the theatricals. But the earliest we might see any progress on that is 2016.

Back
Top Bottom