• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

LOTR - Abridged Version (WMGAN edit) ThrowgnCpr cover

Could you e-mail the hires cover to me at ganwuiming (at) gmail (dot) com? I will then include the cover when I upload the files.

The covers have been sent to wmgan. he should have the movie and covers upped in the next day or so

DH
Fanedit Watcher

aww... I was your first :)

I am talking about the actual edit, not the cover art. And if the edit is uploaded could you post a link to it, because I couldn't find it.

wmgan was planning to upload it. I am sure he will get back to us, as soon as he does.

Sorry I don't have it up yet. Give me another day.

The version I have of this seems to have some frame rate problems. Is this the same for all versions?

-Dan

All DVD versions of this edit should have the exact same MPEG encode. The only thing this release has that the previous one didn't are the extras (DVD cover art by ThrowgnCpr, two older fan edits of mine in XviD format, and a simple LOTR-themed version of Tic-Tac-Toe that I wrote in Visual Basic many years ago).

In my defense, when I made the edit (about a year and a half ago) I had no intention of distributing it, except among family and close friends. In fact, initially I only planned for the finished edit to exist as an XviD encode, which is why I used as my sources XviD encodes of the DVDs. When making those encodes, I increased the framerate to 24fps as a way of "cheating" (to help reduce the running length of the final edit ? though that was silly as the difference in runtime wouldn't have been very significant). I guess a combination of both factors (the framerate change and the low bitrate of the XviD files) caused the "staggering" effect that you see in the final DVD.

All I can say is . . . sorry, I REALLY hope that I'll be able to remake a high quality version of this in the future, but I don't have the time for that right now, and when I do have time there are other new fan edits that I would like to tackle first.

I really hope you will get back to this. You might remember our discussions on OT, when you first released it. Now I have kept and will keep silent, because I don't want to ruin the watchign experience for anyone at all, but I think your idea deserves a way better image quality. Still it is a great fanedit. Just keep it up. :)

Back
Top Bottom