• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Lost Boys: The Tribe, Frog Juiced! (UpDated)

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

emrabt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm not sure if this is in the right fourm, if not please move it.

This is my first fan Edit.

what kind of fanedit: True Fan-edit.
Original movie: Lost boys: The Tribe
New Movie: Lost Boys: The Tribe FROG JUICED!
intention: Remove Most of Autumn Reesers bad lines and make the movie slightly truer to the original.

Here's what I did:

-Added creepy "CRY LITTLE SISTER" to the Warner logo.

- Removed a lot of Nicholes Face pulling and lines while she is "ACTING"

- Shortened all the sex scenes, the first one didn't need them, nor does this one.

- rescored 2 scenes

- added People are strange to the soundtrack

- cut motorbike race / police chase, it was good but it affected pacing.

- Added alternative ending, includes Corey Haim

- re-cut Haims Orignal ending to remove repeating lines

- after credit sequence of Newlander in car added.

(only in version 2)

- Removed reflection in savinis glasses, (if you can't work out whats wrong with that then you are probably the person who directed the movie)

- Removed shanes dialouge and close ups in the pre credit sequence (version 2 only, i feel this makes his appearance later more mysterious)

- Removed alot of the uneeded Pre-Credit sequence swearing while the boys are tresspassing (Just because it's an 18 doesn't mean it needs 25 swears in the first 5 mins).

87409575eq7.png

- (added FRog Juiced to tital screen) (version 2 only)
Trailer:
750MB (Xvid) AVI.
(version 2)
Rename or add .AVI to the end to get it to play.

DVD Info:
No menu
Video
720x480
bitrate: 7000
25fps Pal
(version 1)

RS on Fanedit.info[url]

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
congratulations on finishing your firstling. the forum you chose is correct. thanks for sharing.

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am downloading this as we speak, sounds good, I'm sure it will live up to it's potential.

emrabt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nope, it's a DVD I kept the size small because it was a first attempt and I am sure I will need to make corrections. Also didn't want to spend hours uploading it just for a first attempt.

What i did do was encode in PAL, which i now know isn't too good for this forum because american members can't play it, so next time i upload it will be NTSC.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
emrabt said:
What i did do was encode in PAL, which i now know isn't too good for this forum because american members can't play it, so next time i upload it will be NTSC.

That's not necessarily true. A lot of newer players can play PAL discs just fine. I can play both NTSC and PAL formats. It really all depends on how old your player is.

emrabt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
That's not necessarily true. A lot of newer players can play PAL discs just fine. I can play both NTSC and PAL formats. It really all depends on how old your player is.

That's good to know, i got the impression while reading a few posts here that PAL encoded stuff couldn't be played in america.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...which is true for 90% of all US players.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
as soon as it is reviewed and approved. I am sorry you have to wait so long.

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really enjoyed this fan-edit. A lot of the cringe worthy moments in Lost Boys 2 were cut such as the uselessness of the opening sequence and whatnot. I really enjoyed you putting the alternate ending in. It was complete bullshit that they used it as a special feature/post-credits surprise. That was the ending we deserved. Corey Haim coming back as a vampire is kick ass. All in all I really enjoyed this version a lot more than the DTV version and I approve of this Fan-Edit. Good job.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
did you watch version 1 or version 2, JT?

Histeria

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched the version 2.

Overall, really enjoyed it. A nice tightening up of some of the jarring moments, and the audio cue over the WB logo is just awesome.

The reinstated cut scenes have a couple of a minor problems. First, if the meeting between Sam and Edgar on the beach warning him of Edgar's return is reinstated, the night-time confrontation between Edgar and VampSam has to go - you can't have both and have it work, as the continuity is all over the place. Shame, but I'd definitely go with keeping the cut scenes, and losing VampSam on the beach at the end - a much more satisfying end to the film. Going from the guy and his sister drinking beer straight into the credits would still work very well IMO. Second, some of the cuts into the deleted scenes are a bit jarring. When it cuts to from the survivors in the house to Edgar and Sam talking in the daylight beach scene in particular is very sudden.

Overall nice work, and IMO only a few tweaks to make this work very well indeed.

emrabt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for your reviews, and your comments have been noted.
I agree with the continuity being a bit messed up, but I thought it was just too good a scene to cut completely, especially when compared to the rest of the movie, but i guess compromises have to be made.
I thought maybe it would come across as them meeting later at a random park bench, to device a plan and Sam vamping out.

Also I just couldn't get the deleted scene to deinterlase properly; luckily it's not too noticeable
I might tweak it some more soon, but at the moment I have other things to do.

effy11

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Out of curiosity is this any more age apropriate for fans of the first who are too young to watch the second.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just wait til they are old enough to enjoy the movie in its own right, hell i watched amityville horror and the entity when i was only 11 and while they scared the shit out of me i really enjoyed them. ive known other people who saw fairly extreme mevies when they were young and it really messed them up.

a (possibly) better question might be is the minor in question mature enough to handle the movie? if not then it'd probably be better to wait til they are old/mature enough to enjoy it properly instead of giving them a watered down version.

just my opinion, so feel free to disregard. :)

Top Bottom