• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Losing data paths in Womble

daveytod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all,

been a while since I posted but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I recently had a few computer problems and had to bring it to the shop for fixing. turns out it was just full of crap and needed a good clean (oops!)

However, it was the kick up teh ass I needed to finally finish exporting the rest of my 'Lost - In The Detail' episodes.

So I booted Womble up today, but inside each and every one of my project files, it can't find the source of the individual clips, they're all bland with a red cross. It gives me the option of finding the file manually, but with dozens of video clips per episode, spread across 3 hard drives, this would be nigh on impossible!

Does anyone know of a way of finding the original properties (and therefore location) of each clip, or somehow renewing what it should already know?

daveytod said:
Hi all,

been a while since I posted but I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I recently had a few computer problems and had to bring it to the shop for fixing. turns out it was just full of crap and needed a good clean (oops!)

However, it was the kick up teh ass I needed to finally finish exporting the rest of my 'Lost - In The Detail' episodes.

So I booted Womble up today, but inside each and every one of my project files, it can't find the source of the individual clips, they're all bland with a red cross. It gives me the option of finding the file manually, but with dozens of video clips per episode, spread across 3 hard drives, this would be nigh on impossible!

Does anyone know of a way of finding the original properties (and therefore location) of each clip, or somehow renewing what it should already know?

Hmmm, when I first started using Womble and noticed red x's on clips i decided to save every single clip to clips before adding it to the timeline. That might be superfluous but i didn't want to lose any clips. (I know this doesn't help your current situation).

Hopefully someone more experienced with Womble will be able to help you out.

I've had this happen, but, unfortunately, I know of no other way other than finding the directories that the files are currently in. If multiple clips are from the same base file (VOB, MPG, etc.), then, when you find the location of one clips, all other clips from that file will also be located.

Don't have much to add to what Mark said.

Basically, once Womble loses track of the source of the video, you'll have to use the locate feature to link it back. The good thing is that once you do it for one clip, all other clips from that source will also be linked. But if you have multiple sources, then you'll have to link at least one clip for each source until all have been "found."

I often find that when my external hard drives are given different letters by my computer (for example, going from g drive to h drive) then Womble can no longer find the clips. But, if you change the drive back to G drive then Womble can find it without you having to do extra work.

Back
Top Bottom