• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Feanor Edition

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tn_782_rotk-feanor-front-1351354519.jpg

Fanedit Name: Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Feanor Edition
Faneditor Name: Mukankakuna
Tagline: A more faithful and mature adaptation of Tolkien's book.
Original Movie Title: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Genre: Fantasy
Franchise: Lord of the Rings
Fanedit Type: FanFix

Original Release Date: 2003
Original Running Time: 263
Fanedit Release Date: October 2012
Fanedit Running Time (Min): 190
Time Cut (Min): 73

Brief Synopsis:
More serious and maturer, with better pacing and more faithful to Tolkien's book.

Intention:
To make the most faithful edit of Tolkien's book.

Cuts and Additions:
There are more than 230 changes. I'm going to put the most relevant.

Saruman don't die
Frodo don't send Sam to home
Aragorn uses the palantir at Dunharrow and in a different way

Release:
AVI/MKV

Additional Notes:
AC3 and DTS sound. 720p and 1080p versions. There are 29 new FX shots.
List of programs; Sony Vegas - SurCode DVD DTS - Audacity - mochapro - MeGUI - mkvmerge - Adobe After Effects - foobar2000 - SubtitleEdit - Photoshop

Other Sources:
Some audio from FOTR, TTT and "Game of Thrones".
Some video from TTT and "Game of Thrones".

Cover Art:
rotk_feanor_3Dview.jpg

It seems part 22 from 720p version on usenet is wrong. PM me to get that part.
By the way, the files on usenet and on netload are the same.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the extended cut for the first time over the weekend, and I felt that it could use lots of editing. How are you handling the army of the dead?

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are less dialogue between Aragorn and the ghost. Also the ghost do not attacks Aragorn, Legolas do not throws an arrow and no comments of Gimli. The scene when the ghost comes through the wall and say they are going to fight is missing. No word about Anduril, the sword, and no black ships until Minas Tirith. At pelennor fields they are mostly the same.

PS: Thanks for create the thread.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely downloading and watching these. Do you have any plans for The Fellowship of the Ring?

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hal9000 said:
I'm definitely downloading and watching these. Do you have any plans for The Fellowship of the Ring?

Definitely, I want to finish the trilogy, but before doing anything I'm going to wait untill the Hobbit's release. Hopefully it's going to have material to improve Rivendel, Elrond.

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool, and I hope you're right. Any unusual or new things you're planning for FOTR?
It's gonna take forever to download ROTK, but I have to see what you've done with the palantir at Dunharrow. :)

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The big plan, also almost mission impossible, is to restore Glorfindel.

ROTK is on netload (720p with a very low bitrate) and on usenet (both, 720 and 1080)

Hal9000

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WHA???? Wow, that sounds insane, dude!
Well, I'm looking forward to checking out your TTT and ROTK edits. I was involved with making the Sharkey editions a few years ago, so I have great interest in a puristy version. This looks great.

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems part 22 from 720p version on usenet is wrong. I don't have and account on usenet to fix it. PM me to get that part.
By the way, the files on usenet and on netload are the same.

wesyeed

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Before downloading... did you change anything about the terrible way the ending was edited to seemingly go on and on and on and on...

and on...

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
wesyeed said:
Before downloading... did you change anything about the terrible way the ending was edited to seemingly go on and on and on and on...

and on...

Hehe, no, I didn't change a bit of the last 30 minutes.

Joshua_Blue22

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My biggest issue with the ghost army is that when the arrive they actually fight on the Pelenor fields (unlike in the book), and they are totally invincible, which kind of totally negates all the effort of others... just looks and feels like that to me.

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That also bothered me. Since I started the edit I had in mind to try to do something with that part but when I got there I couldn't do anything. It would be extremely difficult, not to say impossible, to change it and do it like the book.

Joshua_Blue22

Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me that is one of the must have edits. Otherwise the whole sequence loses the emotional impatc. I mean, here are the ghosts to fix everything. I is just not right. That plus Frodo sending Sam away, and the stupid Gandalf - Witchking confrontation.

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Indeed, it would be lovely if some gifted editor can make it.
Regarding the two other issues, they have been fixed. Well, Gandalf Vs Witchking is not like the book but it's closer (for me is better the book's version).

Sauron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mukankanu, I would love to see your edits! I really appreciate what you are doing and would love to see it as a fellow Tolkien enthusiast and provide some possible feedback and ideas.

mukankakuna

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sauron said:
mukankanu, I would love to see your edits! I really appreciate what you are doing and would love to see it as a fellow Tolkien enthusiast and provide some possible feedback and ideas.

Looking forward to hear your feedback. In fact, any feedback will be wellcome because I almost have nothing :-(. Only Spelledaren's comments, thanks be to him.
And the same for the TTT edit.

BladeRunner391

Reaction score
Trophy Points
mukankakuna said:
Looking forward to hear your feedback. In fact, any feedback will be wellcome because I almost have nothing :-(. Only Spelledaren's comments, thanks be to him.
And the same for the TTT edit.

I will be downloading this very soon. Expect a review and feedback by next week. :)

Top Bottom