• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Looking for a fanedit for the SW prequels

eternalsage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My main sticking point is the Phantom Menace. If I could find a version of that that checked my boxes, the rest falls into place (I pretty much adore Q2's Eps II and III). My ideal cut of TPM would be something like a mash-up of Seciors and Q2's edits, although I feel that Anakin really needs to go into space (under his own power), which is the biggest strike against Q2 for me. If possible I would like to remove midichlorians, virgin births, prophecies, and R2 and C3P0 (either turning them into unnamed droids or something cutting them out completely).

Anyone know of one that combines those ideas? I read through so many cut-lists that I can't even remember what's what anymore (lol) but I couldn't seem to find one. Maybe they don't exist. If one can't be found then I will have to accept Seciors as my go too, even though I hate how silly having R2 and C3P0 in the prequels is. Such an unnecessary plot hole (they both know who Darth Vader is and that Luke and Leia are siblings, as well as who Obi-Wan is - its just silly).

Anyway, thanks for any assistance!

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have you seen HAL 9000's edit? He has most of your points. Anakin enters the space battle under his own initiative, no midichlorians, prophesy stuff minimized. The virgin birth is still there, and in his commentary audio he covers why he left it in. 

I'm not sure that you could remove the droids as characters. To me the whole arc seems to be their story more than anyone else's. That's driven from Lucas' original inspiration from The Hidden Fortress and Tahei and Matashichi. But yeah, other main characters re-meeting them in each trilogy is a bit odd; I just overlook it as much as I can.

eternalsage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I feel like I have (Edit: I actually reviewed it back in 2015, lol) but I can't remember anything about it. I think I had relegated it to the no category because of the virgin birth thing. That is the biggest strike against that I could see based on the cut list, but I may have to just suck it up and deal with that to get the rest gone LOL.

Thanks for the input though.

Just to be clear, prophesy, midichlorians, and virgin birth removal and Anakin going to space on his own are top tier wants, while everything else mentioned is just icing.

GelflingHand

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eternalsage said:
I feel like I have (Edit: I actually reviewed it back in 2015, lol) but I can't remember anything about it. I think I had relegated it to the no category because of the virgin birth thing.

The "virgin birth" is necessary for "Shmi never told you what happened with your father" "She told me enough; she told me I didn't have one" "No, Anakin, I am your father" in episode three, though, which is a nice moment. (Ok, it's rather more subtle than that, but the implication is certainly there.)

eternalsage

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe. I'll be honest, I don't remember that scene coming off in quite that way. But its been... 10 years at least, since I watched that movie unedited.

I finally decided that I need to stop worrying over these crap movies and move on with my life. Its ok to only watch the original trilogy, just as its ok for me to never watch any Alien movie after 3. I'm not contractually obligated to watch sequels that are terrible movies, and I don't have to care about crap TV shows either.

LOL. Its freeing in a way, to realize I'm not being a BAD nerd if I never watch these garbage movies again

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
eternalsage said:
its ok for me to never watch any Alien movie after 3. 

I can't stand Alien 3, so the film series ends for me at Aliens!

The prequels aren't quite garbage IMO as much as they are just poorly presented.  There was a grand Shakespearian idea that didn't hit the mark, but there is some good stuff there.  I mean, the Anakin vs. Obi Wan fight was definitely worth the effort it took to sit through the prequels unaltered.  You could always take the edits you like and combine them yourself to make your ideal version.  That's something I'm thinking of doing to create my ultimate cut.

KVG198X

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd like to think one day we could see Topher Grace's edit.

mredthefed

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I took out the midiclorians on my fan edit. I got rid of the virgin birth and implied that Anakin's mother kinda makes....other slaves.

HEAVY STAR WARS EPISODE I

Top Bottom