• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Logan's Run - The SilentPete Edit

Silentpete

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good morning everyone,

I would like to announce my edit of Logan's Run. Generally speaking, I love Logan's Run as it is. However, it does have some pacing issues as well as some logic issues that I really wanted to address. I believe this edit tightens up the film and makes for a more consistent experience, while also removing some of the cringe (just a few things). Please look it up in the database and give it a look. I would love to hear what you have to say.

Cuts and Additions:
Cuts:
The opening nursery scene is gone. I felt the film needed to start with a bang.

The film now opens on the Renewal ceremony.

Renewal ceremony is trimmed down a bit. It just goes on a bit too long.

Runner chase has been trimmed for added tension and pace.

Logan and Francis talking about the city rules has been moved to after the Renewal and Runner sequence. It now appears as this happens as they exit the ceremony.

Logan and Jessica meeting scene has been trimmed for pace.

Logan being given his assignment has been trimmed for pacing and to remove any dialogue that would be connect to later scenes with BOX, who is removed.

The scene in Cathedral has been pretty cut down. The little girl they first meet is gone. Instead they run directly in to the cubs. Billy and his antics have been trimmed down. He's just silly and not a threat.

The New You scene has been trimmed just a bit for pacing.

The "sex room" the Logan and Jessica pass through on their way out of the city has been completely removed. Simply put, it's really bad and just had to go!

Logan and Jessica's trip down to the underground Runners has been trimmed a bit for pacing.

Logan and Jessica's interactions with the underground Runners has been trimmed a bit for pacing.

Logan and Jessica's trip through the bowels of the city has been cut down, removing anything not needed for the story and to keep the threat of Francis being on their tail alive.

The scene(s) with BOX have been completely removed. How the city is fed is really just not important to the story, and BOX himself is really not a threat. Instead, Logan and Jessica take the elevator up and exit the dome and see the Sun. This also keeps Francis hot on their tails, which really needs to be present from this point on.

Logan and Jessica's trek through the wilderness has been trimmed for pacing, and to keep the Francis threat looming.

ALL scenes with the Old Man have been trimmed or cut. He is an important part of the story, but his scenes really drag the pace down and remove the looming threat of Francis coming.

Logan's interrogation scene has been trimmed for pacing.

There are numerous little cuts or line removals throughout, but those are the big changes.

PM if you have any issues finding it...

Last edited:

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome! Love Logan's Run and in fact it's one I half-intended to look into some day in order to give it a light makeover. Curious about this version!

FrameSniffer

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m glad Logan’s Run is getting some attention! I still enjoy this film today. Excited to see what you have done with it.

Silentpete

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let me know what you think when you watch it, please.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are these in fact finished edits that you're posting in the finished area? I only ask as the information is extremely vague for each (no edit lists, posters, etc.).

Top Bottom