• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Load 6 mono wavs in Adobe Premeire

Curtis Mullins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am trying to use the lossless audio from a Blu Ray of in an edit I am doing. It started off as DTS-MA, then went to a 6 channel wave64 file at 24 bit 48khz. I tried loading that into Premiere CC and said it was incompatible. I found Audition would open it so I broke the file into 6 mono wavs which will load into Premiere. The problem I am having is that I now have the 6 wavs in Premiere and have no idea how to put them all on the same track and assign them to the proper channels.

I name each WAV for the channel it represents: FL, FR, C, SL, SR, LFE. Then I put each individual wave on its own audio track. When I export I export each track separately and then use Audacity to create an AC3 file from the six separate WAVs.

Q2 said:
I name each WAV for the channel it represents: FL, FR, C, SL, SR, LFE. Then I put each individual wave on its own audio track. When I export I export each track separately and then use Audacity to create an AC3 file from the six separate WAVs.

This seems like an unnecessary extra step. Premiere should allow you to assign each track to the appropriate channel, and then render your entire project as a 5.1 AC3.

ThrowgnCpr said:
This seems like an unnecessary extra step. Premiere should allow you to assign each track to the appropriate channel, and then render your entire project as a 5.1 AC3.

I believe you need a premium plug in to do this. Regardless, I usually have 2-3 tracks per channel so it's easier for me to visualize it the way I do it. :p

yeah-ok.gif

Q2 said:
I name each WAV for the channel it represents: FL, FR, C, SL, SR, LFE.
Hi, I'm having a problem similar to the OP... I have a 7.1 FLAC that I can import into Audacity and get 8 mono wavs, but I can't tell which wav is which channel. How do you know which are the fronts, the center, the surrounds, etc.?

Reading this brings another question to mind. Can you save to PCM? As someone who does the occasional Blu-Ray edit, I want lossless audio all the way. Also, I notice once that Premiere only lets you save PCM as 16 bit? No 24 bit?

Back
Top Bottom