• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Live Free or Die Hard - The Spence Edit

spence said:
my friend today suggested "old habits: die hard" i thought that was amusing. a little better than Live Free or Die Hard. anybody know a good program for color adjustments? vegas is alright, but im sure a better program exists.

Old Habits: Die Hard! I love it. Go with this.

Adobe Premiere Pro with the Magic Bullet Suite is good for adjusting colors and stuff, I think. But render times are ludicrous.

yeah i think i like this title too. it's still cheesy but not as different from the other titles as the original. other than the color correction this is almost done. the actual editing is complete.

is anyone interested in color correcting this? i am not having a succesful time with it

a couple of updates. I decided to go with the title "Old Habits Die Hard" and since i can't get the color correction right and nobody seems up for doing it, i'm going to release it with the color scheme it has. should be available soon.

here's a list of what's been cut/changed:

* new title card
* the car jacking scene. when we see them driving to W. VA, it's pretty clear that McClane stole a car anyway.
* one or two of Mr. View Askew's more grating lines removed. Not much changed though. I like that character.
* The entire fighter jet sequence, and any references to the fighter jet. McClane steals the truck and heads straight for the bad guys.

and that's really it. these little bits of tightening, along with the changes already made in the unrated version, really make this feel much more like a die hard film. upon watching my workprint, i'd actually say i like this better than die harder.

"Old Habits Die Hard" is a great title. specially since John McClane is older in this film. fits great.
another thing that bothered me was the superkungfuchick. she must have weighed no more than 100 lbs yet she could kick John McClane's ass? take John's punches to the face and not even have a runny nose? didn't buy it. could you terminate her quicker? more believably?

You talking about that one chick that was in that warehouse thing that they needed to hack manually?

i also ended up removing the helicopter sequence and a particularly poorly edited speech from justin long right after that gas pipe place explodes.

posted on mininova! any suggestions of other torrent sites i can post to?

spence said:
i also ended up removing [...] a particularly poorly edited speech from justin long right after that gas pipe place explodes.

Good. The editing/looping on that scene sucked more ass than I've seen in a while. That was the first scene I knew I'd cut if I tackled this flick.

I watched the Unrated last night and noticed that about half the movie was ADR'ed, and not really that well. Anybody else notice this? Maybe because of the changed lines...?

spence said:
is anyone interested in color correcting this? i am not having a succesful time with it

have you tried using the VDub filters? it totally saved my ass when i was sorting out the colour in the Jay & Silent Bob deleted scenes.

sorry i stopped seeding over the weekend. i'm back on now!

wow, somehow I did not realize this was already finished...

yeah but im having issues getting out now that demonoid is KIA. i may have to snail mail it to someone to put on rapidshare for me.

i see a lot more people have connected to the torrent. if you finish, please leave feedback!

Downloading now. Will definitely chime in. I'm looking forward to this.

also, i coulod use some cover art for this. i'm not very talented at that and there's many people that are.

Just finished downloading this - will watch soon.

Watched it last night.

You are to be congratulated on a truly incredible edit!

I have posted my thoughts in the review section of the forum.

Again, great edit. Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom