• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Live Free or Die Hard - The Spence Edit

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey everyone, just started working on this. I'm one of the people that didn't have huge problems with the 4th die hard installment, but i do think it could've been a lot better. more importantly i think that better film is lurking in the one already released.

this edit will use the Unrated edition as its basis. It will be edited to fit a little better with the other films. the really ridiculous elements, such as the infamous fighter jet scene, will be trimmed and/or completely removed. i also want to play with some color filters to make the film look more like the other 3, instead of like an Underworld sequel.

I'd also like a new title. I don't really like the current one. it's not terrible, not really any worse than "die harder" but i still would like another option. I'm playing with ideas but if you have a good one throw it my direction.

Also, about my Pirates edits, those are in the can but I'm going to wait for the third installment is released on DVD and then I'll release both of them.

Here in the UK it was released as "Die Hard 4.0", FYI. And Pirates 3 was released the otherday on DVD here, too.

yeah i thought of using Die Hard 4.0, but that seems so unimaginitive. die hard with a vengeance is such a great title. i want something along those lines, but Live Free or Die Hard sounds like a film about the Continental Congress.

Interesting. "Die Hard 4.0: Die Hardest" or something would be an OK name, Cheesy? Yes, but WTF, so was 2 and 3's titles.

Die Hardest sounds good.

I hate this film and consider it an insult to the first three, so would love to see what you plan on doing to it. :)

\/

well, if the SPence is on it, it is going to rock. Let's see how daring this gets. Will you edit the Ewoks you took form SW6 into this one, so they can assist John McClayne to save the day? Will you make it squared and make John McClayne the chosen one? Will you finish this one a silent hill? ;-) j/k.

die hard 4: freedom fries edition

i had higher expectations for this movie. it was just ok.

Spence, is it possible for you to use the same font used in the past movies for the title ? I think Die Hard 2 titles were on a black image, you could rip those for the animation, and put below another sub-title, thus aligning the movie with the originals.

yeah thats something im considering. in general i just want this to fit better with the originals. it will still probably be a weaker entry in the series, but will be a lot better. i still think the worst film is die harder.

yeah, I agree, Renny Harlin uses to mess up everything, but Die Harder was his best (IMO).
Will you get rid of the over-the-top action scenes aka destroying a helicopter with a car? That's the first scene that really really bugged me, but I think it is plotwise not avoidable.

it does work better in the unrated bit. the only action scene im really messing with is the Jet fight. And by messing with, i mean completely removing.

is there any major dialogue/plot complaints people have? like i said in the first post, i actually liked this film, so i'm not cutting very much at the moment, but i'm not against getting rid of some stuff people passionately want removed.

If there is any bit of extra Kevin Smith stuff, USE IT! I loved his character in the movie.

Maybe restore the "I ran out of bullets" line...

How is the color-timing coming? Did you tinker with it yet or anything?

just watching the unrated version right now and my view is use the unrated as your source and just remove the fighter plane sequence (cos it sucked) and tweak the colour somewhat (that blue filter is mighty annoying) other hthan that i think its perfect.

here are some ideas for titles:
DIE CUT
NEVER SAY DIE
CUT N' DIE

my friend today suggested "old habits: die hard" i thought that was amusing. a little better than Live Free or Die Hard. anybody know a good program for color adjustments? vegas is alright, but im sure a better program exists.

Back
Top Bottom