• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Lisbeth Salander

S

steFANedit

Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy reshaped into one movie that follows the journey of Lisbeth Salander. Terminator Mode.

tagline: The Feel Bad Fanedit of Summer
original film name: Män Som Hatar Kvinnor/Flickan Som Lekte Med Elden/Luftslottet Som Sprängdes
film studio name: Yellow Bird/ZDF Enterprises/Film i Väst/Nordisk Film/Sveriges Television
film release date: 2009/2010
original runtime: 180min/178min/177min
fanedit release date: June 2012
new runtime: 191min

Intention:
The Millennium Trilogy circles around the character Lisbeth Salander and IMO she is the best part about the whole thing. So why not make a fanedit that tells the story from her perspective.

Edit details:
Scenes have been rearranged and some material had to go in order to make the fanedit work. I also tried to make everything a little more believable than before.

Some plot-points are changed to save time, for example now Lisbeth kills Zala and Martin actually killed Harriet.

There are some really good scenes with Mikael throughout the trilogy but since this fanedit is all about Lisbeth most of them had to be cut (although I included some of them so that the story makes sense, see cut-list for these scenes)

Left is a movie that clocks in at 191 miserable minutes. Lisbeth Salander’s Long Hard Road out of Hell.

Don’t forget the coffee and sandwiches…

cut-list:
MÄN SOM HATAR KVINNOR
changed: some scenes have been rearranged
cut: the opening credits
inserted: new credit sequence
changed: used some footage from the Theatrical Cut in order to make the on screen credits work
cut: every scene that doesn’t include Lisbeth Salander (except)
- Mikael in and outside court
- someone shots at Mikael when he is out running
- Mikael as Martin’s prisoner (some dialog have been cut out. For example, it is now suggested that Martin killed Harriet)
- Mikael takes a train home to Stockholm, Mikael in jail and Mikael publishing new information about Wennerström (some dialog have been cut out)
- Mikael finds out that Lisbeth has stolen money
changed: used some footage from the Theatrical Cut when Lisbeth arrives to Hedestad in order to get rid of the on screen credits
cut: Mikael: but his alive?
cut: Lisbeth and Mikael visiting the priest
cut: Lisbeth: how far is it to Vilhelmina?
Mikael: a bit too far on a motorcycle
cut: Lisbeth and Mikael renting a car and drives around looking into old murder investigations (except the scene in the dinner when Mikael comments about how Lisbeth quoted the bible exactly)
cut: Lisbeth noticing that someone have broken into the guesthouse
cut: Mikael telling Lisbeth at breakfast that he is going to see Harald
cut: Mikael telling Lisbeth that the girl in the window is Harriet’s sister, and Lisbeth sending a e-mail to Plague
cut: the cop, Morrell, coming over and explains the meaning with “BJ”
cut: all the talk after “Yes, I know the kind of financial men”
cut: everything after Martin tells Mikael and Lisbeth that he is going to call Frode right away.
cut: Lisbeth have a flashback (the flashback inserted during opening credits)
cut: Mikael and Lisbeth in the torture chamber, Mikael having called the cops, and also Lisbeth and Mikael on the bed
cut: Lisbeth visiting her mother
cut: Lisbeth walking down the street wearing disguise
cut: end credits

FLICKAN SOM LEKTE MED ELDEN
- Mikael visiting Miriam (cut: If she tracks down that monster, he'll kill her)
- Mikael finds Lisbeth apartment and sees the rape video
- Mikael on the road, going to Göteborg
inserted: text: ett år senare (subtitle will read: one year later)
cut: the money that Lisbeth inherited after her mother
cut: George Bland
cut: Lisbeth packing her bag
cut: looking at apartment
inserted: scene from the Theatrical Cut, Lisbeth and Miriam in a bar
cut: Lisbeth talking to doctor about special treatment for Holger Palmgren
cut: Lisbeth having a nightmare about her days in mental hospital (flashback footage used in the opening credits)
cut: Per-Åke Sandström telling Lisbeth that he have talked to Zalla but only over the phone. Also cut is all the talk about “the blond bastard, only muscles”
cut: some trimming have been done when Lisbeth visits Bjurman’s summerhouse
cut: talk about Paulo Roberto at press conference.
cut: Lisbeth zapping Niedermann with the stunner (now he isn’t invincible feel-nothing super-villain)
cut: Zala telling Lisbeth that Niedermann is her brother
changed: now Lisbeth kills Zala
cut: aftermath with the cops, ambulance helicopter arrives etc.
LUFTSLOTTET SOM SPRÄNGDES
- Mikael starts to write the story about Lisbeth Salander
- Teleborian talks to Anders Jonasson about Lisbeth
- party at Millennium
changed: used some footage from the Theatrical Cut when Lisbeth arrives to the hospital in order to get rid of the on screen credits
cut: Mikael visiting Lisbeth in the hospital
cut: Lisbeth half-wakes in the hospital and Anders Jonasson presents himself for the first time.
cut: Zala in the hospital (he now died at the end of Flickan som lekte med elden)
cut: some dialog when the lawyer visits Lisbeth
cut: the guy that tries to kill Lisbeth in the hospital and ends up killing himself
cut: Every scene with Lisbeth having access to her phone in the hospital
cut: Lisbeth receiving a pizza
cut: nightmare
cut: scene when Anders Jonasson asking about the tattoo
cut: last scene with Anders Jonasson
cut: Anders Jonasson watching as Lisbeth is taken away by the cops
cut: some scenes in court
cut: Lisbeth going after her brother
cut: Mikael talking about “your friend Sony” when he visits Lisbeth
cut: the movie now ends a little bit earlier, more faithful to how the book ended
inserted: new end credits

Tech info:
NTSC Single Layer DVD
Aspect Ratio: 1.85 : 1
5.1 surround sound
Spoken language: Swedish
Subtitles in English

release:
Single-Layer NTSC DVD

Special Thanks:
Captain Khajiit - for (ones again) answering my questions
Neglify - for (ones again) making the cover art

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey, congrats on finishing!

Btw, a stun gun affects muscles as well as nerves so it should work on anyone.

S

steFANedit

well turns out the subtitle isn't in sync throughout the film so I will have to re-sync it in Architect which I found weird because in subtitle workshop it worked out great. So the download link will be down for a week or so until I get this fixed.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats on finishing! This looks really cool! I should check this out!

S

steFANedit

emphatic said:
Btw, a stun gun affects muscles as well as nerves so it should work on anyone.

Yeah that's why I cut Lisbeth zapping Niederman....I'm uploading now so it will probably be available in a few hours. Sorry about the delay everyone, first time I made subtitles (and hopefully the last :lol:)

Wayneuk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
links are still down, any news on when they will be available please?

S

steFANedit

I send a new download link to however that are monitoring the .info site, hope it will be updated soon. In the mean time, send me a PM ;-)

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
AMAZING idea!

I had the same idea back when I first watched the original movie, and unsurprisingly the second one remains my favorite one as it focuses entirely on Lisbeth.

I'll be giving it a shot ASAP! :p

S

steFANedit

just checked, the download file are now updated and should work just fine.

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I confirm. Excellent job! Again, I really liked how you made the movie focus mostly on Lisbeth Salander. Even though you can still tell that the first hour is coming from a different movie (not much you can do about it alas, as the first movie is about the Harriet mystery plot), you managed to cut all the filler scenes and unecessary subplots and make the overall story much tighter. The transition between Movie 2 and 3 is perfect, and I'm glad you got entirely rid of Niederman's gratuitous murdering spree.

My only gripe is with the subtitles:

- Their font color makes them a bit hard to read when they appear at the same time as the opening credits.

- I noticed typos, such as "concerning", "I would be to blame", "spent too much", "it shouldn't be", "payed" (instead of "paid"), etc. Some spellchecking would be in order.

Also, I don't understand why you decided to use this image in the actual movie: it's not really a problem, but it just doesn't feel like it belongs there.

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Noticed some slight technical issues:

- Around 54:45, as a close-up of Martin's face is starting to appear, you can distinctly hear the sound of a liquid being poured into a glass, then it suddenly cuts back to Lisbeth riding her motorcycle and reaching the cottage.

S

steFANedit

johnnythewolf said:
...the subtitles:

- Their font color makes them a bit hard to read when they appear at the same time as the opening credits.
yeah this crossed my mind when I made it, could have easily made the sub. appear above the credits or, like with "real" movies (that you pay for), at the top of the screen. But I let if slide, figured, "ehh one scene and it might be hard, but you can read it." I did this though for the "ONE YEAR LATER" sub.

johnnythewolf said:
- I noticed typos, such as "concerning", "I would be to blame", "spent too much", "it shouldn't be", "payed" (instead of "paid"), etc. Some spellchecking would be in order.
I thought it was okay when I made it. But you know, I'm Swedish so what did you expect? have you accentually heard how it sounds when we talk ;-) no but seriously I should have had screenings or something like that. I can only hope that it wasn't too annoying or too many typos (find any here? :))

johnnythewolf said:
Also, I don't understand why you decided to use this image in the actual movie: it's not really a problem, but it just doesn't feel like it belongs there.
well if it felt off and took you out of the movie then I would say it's a problem. I thought it was cool :cool:

johnnythewolf said:
Noticed some slight technical issues:

- Around 54:45, as a close-up of Martin's face is starting to appear, you can distinctly hear the sound of a liquid being poured into a glass, then it suddenly cuts back to Lisbeth riding her motorcycle and reaching the cottage.
I think there are more stuff like this if you watch the movie with headphones. and stuff like hard cuts in the audio. not many, but it does exist. Like when Martin appear in court at the end as a witness.

ohmss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Absolutely brilliant
This is the first "P.O.V." edits I have watched and it works really well.
The disc menu screen is very good, simple but good.
Audio and video, no problems that I could see that are worth mentioning.

Well done, great idea and well executed,
Ohmss

Edit-I noticed the minor issues others have mentioned but they did not diminish the experiance for me. Spelling mistakes! you get worse than those on retail discs! I would like alternate artwork but only cos I dont want to use up all my black ink LOL

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steFANedit said:
yeah this crossed my mind when I made it, could have easily made the sub. appear above the credits or, like with "real" movies (that you pay for), at the top of the screen. But I let if slide, figured, "ehh one scene and it might be hard, but you can read it." I did this though for the "ONE YEAR LATER" sub.

I don't think I've ever seen a single movie where the subtitles were at the top of the screen. They're always on the bottom.

ohmss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dont think he meant that he would put them all at the top of the screen. Some of the subs at the start of the movie are on top of the cast/crew credits. I have certainly seen retail discs where the subs move to avoid a clash like this.
Moving these few subs would certainly give a more "professional" feel to the film but its only a few minutes and i'm not sure it would be worth doing the whole thing again just for that.
Editors choice of course.
Ohmss

S

steFANedit

Frantic Canadian said:
I don't think I've ever seen a single movie where the subtitles were at the top of the screen. They're always on the bottom.

almost every movie I see have subtitles and a huge amount of them have the subtitle at the top when there are information at the bottom that could be missed if the subtitle were to appear there at that moment. And I'm not just talking opening credits but also if someone drives pass a sign, things like that.

johnnythewolf

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Regarding the spelling mistakes, I gotta admit they aren't that many and are pretty spread out throughout the movie: most of the ones I quoted are from the scene following the opening credits. It's just a bit distracting, nothing a decent spellchecker software couldn't take care of.

Also, one mistake I forgot to tell you about, which appears both in the movie and in the cutlist on Fanedit.org: "his alive". It should be "he's alive".

I think there are more stuff like this if you watch the movie with headphones. and stuff like hard cuts in the audio. not many, but it does exist. Like when Martin appear in court at the end as a witness.

Yeah, but the real problem I have with that bit is that it feels like the beginning of a new scene, but then it suddenly shifts to Lisbeth riding her bike. I don't think we need to see a close-up of Martin's face, especially when we see him minutes later on security footage, attempting to break inside the cottage.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steFANedit said:
almost every movie I see have subtitles and a huge amount of them have the subtitle at the top when there are information at the bottom that could be missed if the subtitle were to appear there at that moment. And I'm not just talking opening credits but also if someone drives pass a sign, things like that.

That's new to me. I guess they must do it differently in whatever DVD region Sweden and Ireland are in, because all the region 1, 2, 3, and region free discs that I've seen have the subtitles at the bottom of the screen. I think having the subtitles at the top of the screen would be distracting to me, but that's probably only because I'm so used to them being on the bottom of the screen.

Top Bottom