• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Liquid Courage

Excellent edit! I had been disappointed by the original Flight movie, and this edit was much tighter, much faster, and the open-ended (I thought, anyway) conclusion really packed a wallop.

Overall rating 9.3
Audio/Video Quality 10.0
Visual Editing 10.0
Audio Editing 10.0
Narrative 9.0
Enjoyment 9.0

debwood1999 said:
Excellent edit! I had been disappointed by the original Flight movie, and this edit was much tighter, much faster, and the open-ended (I thought, anyway) conclusion really packed a wallop.

Overall rating 9.3
Audio/Video Quality 10.0
Visual Editing 10.0
Audio Editing 10.0
Narrative 9.0
Enjoyment 9.0

Thanks [MENTION=24663]debwood1999[/MENTION] for taking the time to watch and review my edit! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The original FLIGHT was a movie I found to be pretty much instantly forgettable upon exiting the theatre, which really shocked me considering it's pedigree. Yes, Denzel Washington is riveting when on the screen, and Zemeckis performed some pretty cool visuals, but otherwise this story felt like it a Lifetime TV Movie of the Week, not a major motion picture.

Thus, I was very curious what Gatos could redeem from this story. But to be honest, I did not trust myself to be unbiased when reviewing, so I pulled the old switcharoo on my beloved wife, and did not tell her we were watching a Fan Edit.

Well, she really liked it. She said it packed a very strong emotional punch and that it felt very believable. The new ending she thought felt a bit jarring for her, but she said that is how real life is. Myself, I agree, this version is much stronger emotionally but I still had difficulty buying into it.

Technically, this is superior editing. Excellent video. Great audio. Perfect cuts.

Gatos has taken what I consider to be a mediocre movie and made it very, very good.
Still not great, but a tremendous improvement and should definitely be watched to appreciate Gatos fine skill at sculpting a more dramatic narrative.

Thumbs Up.:)

bionicbob said:
The original FLIGHT was a movie I found to be pretty much instantly forgettable upon exiting the theatre, which really shocked me considering it's pedigree. Yes, Denzel Washington is riveting when on the screen, and Zemeckis performed some pretty cool visuals, but otherwise this story felt like it a Lifetime TV Movie of the Week, not a major motion picture.

Thus, I was very curious what Gatos could redeem from this story. But to be honest, I did not trust myself to be unbiased when reviewing, so I pulled the old switcharoo on my beloved wife, and did not tell her we were watching a Fan Edit.

Well, she really liked it. She said it packed a very strong emotional punch and that it felt very believable. The new ending she thought felt a bit jarring for her, but she said that is how real life is. Myself, I agree, this version is much stronger emotionally but I still had difficulty buying into it.

Technically, this is superior editing. Excellent video. Great audio. Perfect cuts.

Gatos has taken what I consider to be a mediocre movie and made it very, very good.
Still not great, but a tremendous improvement and should definitely be watched to appreciate Gatos fine skill at sculpting a more dramatic narrative.

Thumbs Up.:)

The ending was the hardest part to deal with. The theatrical ending was corny and it was pretty difficult to figure out a better way to edit it, so that was the part I was least happy with in regards to this edit.

Thank you [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION] for watching and for the review!

After writing this review, I was promoted to a top 500 reviewer as recognized by the Internet Fanedit Database, so you know it must be well written, accurate and informative.

To the poor schlub I bumped out of the rankings
giphy_zps0c535eb7.gif

Review
Not entirely relevant to the edit, but this movie has possibly my favorite fanedit dvd coverart, and you gave it a great, fitting new name. The vodka bottle design is very creative and works perfectly.

About the edit, seamless. I didn't notice any edits, and there were lots. You made great choices. Cutting the girl made this version already much better than the original. I'm not even sure exactly what else was done, but the pacing was better, and everything just seemed more realistic for Denzel's character. I also agree that the original ending was pretty bleh, and I like yours better.

Enjoyment: 9
Original: 7

This fanedit is a significant improvement over the original. Flight was a basic standard drama that doesn't really stand out at all and I probably would never have watched again. I liked this version better and would watch it again.

[MENTION=24770]RollWave[/MENTION]

Thank you so much for your detailed review. I'm glad you liked the coverart. The idea to use the vodka bottle just hit me. Fellow FE.org members njvc and g1orkatsos helped me out a bit with polishing the cover art. And as far as the title goes: All credit goes to Neglify, he came up with that genius name!

I'm glad that you enjoyed edit and I appreciate you taking the time to both watch it and to write a review.

Back
Top Bottom