• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lights Out - Extinguished Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Extinguished Edition adds back a few scenes, cut from Lights Out after negative test screenings, particularly an all-new ending showing the characters after the conclusion of the story, as well as an alternate exposition scene reshot for the theatrical cut. 

Three new deleted, alternate and extended scenes have been integrated back into the film adding 11 minutes of new footage. 

Hearing the director David F Samberg talk about the test audience reception to the ending and the exposition being changed for the final film, I thought it would be interesting to go back and put these scenes in and see how the movie would work now, in a different sort of way. 

ADDITIONS
- added Rebecca calling the police regarding Martin's dad's death
- added alternate version of the Diana explanation/exposition
- added alternate ending, taking place post-incident

Theatrical - 1:20:57
Extinguished - 1:31:54

SPECIAL FEATURES:

BEHIND THE SCENES 
- Homemade VFX
- Planning the Scares

BONUS
- Director David F Sandberg talks about the Alternate Ending

I had no idea that there was this alternate footage! I am very intrigued!!!!!

LOVED this film! Cant wait to check out this edit : )

One My Favoite Hoor films. It Scary as H**l and has a simple story so very enjoyable watch.
I am Excited to the extra and alternate footage.
Thank you for the Edit!

Side Note. I am surprised. When I first saw preview for this movie. I did not find it scary and thought was going to another lame PG-13 Horror movies.
But When I saw teh Film in theaters I was scared out of pants.

Lights Out is one My Favoite Horror films. It Scary as H**l and has a simple story so it's very enjoyable watch.
I am Excited to see the extra and alternate footage.
Thank you for the Edit!

Side Note. I am surprised. When I first saw preview for this movie. I did not find it scary and thought was going to another lame PG-13 Horror movies.
But When I saw teh Film in theaters I was scared out of pants.

Back
Top Bottom