• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lifeforce: The Web Of Destiny Cut by JetSetWilly

You might want to get a better monitor.

Update:

Overall, its done. However, I did notice one flash frame, so have now removed it. Also, while doing that, I've also cut a line that never sat right with me whenever i watched the film: when the guards corner the girl on the stairs in the space research centre, one of the gurads says come to me, but then says come to daddy..... o_O so, thats now been cut too. Once rendered up, i'll be submitting this to the academy for approval. So, to the guys who have downloaded the last version, disregard the flashframe in thurlston mental hospital and the come to daddy line, as they are no longer in the newest version..

Watched this yesterday night. Fantastic man!!! Posting feedback soon

JetSetWilly said:
i'll be submitting this to the academy for approval.

You don't have to do that. Your Full Metal Jacket edit was approved and you've earned your Faneditor Badge. Submit directly to IFDB. Send a PM to TM2YC if you don't know how to do that. :)

You know, its been a while since ive been on here, i forgot about just submitting to ifdb haha

[MENTION=9767]JetSetWilly[/MENTION], Feedback re Lifeforce:

Overall, excellent excellent edit man. I really enjoyed it. The film never looked and sounded so good, perfect 10's from an A/V standpoint. Cutlist choices-- I'm not as well versed on the different cuts of Lifeforce (US vs UK, etc), and its been many years since I watched the original, but this edit flowed great. Nothing dragged, there were no cheesy special effects, and every scene moved the story along well. Major kudos for the opening credits, loved how you added them in there.

Also big points for the first vampire escape scene at the lab. I could sense how difficult it must have been to cut this section judging from the music, but you pulled it off seamlessly. I did not notice any hard cuts or glaring audio problems.

Narrative wise, the film is much better than I remember it. You improved the story significantly, and I cannot imagine there being a more definitive version of Lifeforce than your edit. Of course, the story is a hit or miss with different people, as was the original, but I'm a fan. Great release man. I'll be sure to leave a review once officially released.

Cheers,
Kris

Thanks for the feedback, Kris. The escape from the SRC was indeed the hardest part to cut, but once It was done, the cuts seemed logical. If only they'd have cut it like this back then.

The updated version has been rendered, and is 14gb in size (thanks to Dwight for his suggestions for the opening credits), so have trimmed the music down by a few seconds to fit it. It still flows well enough, in my opinion, so Im quite happy with that. Am running it through handbrake now, and have worked out how to recrop and fit in the Cannon logo in full 2:35 :D, so it should be hopefully about 5gb in size by the time its done, and the picture should still be of considerable quality still, to boot!

Massive thanks to Kris, Vultural and Dwight Fry for WIP print feedback and suggestions, and especially to Kris for the kick ass cover designs, too. They are totally awesome. Thanks dude :D Hopefully this is the final stretch, now. It should be uploaded to .info hopefully tomorrow, and ready for your viewing pleasure for the weekend.

Great news, JetSet!
Been following this since you started.
Now to get Mathilda at your premiere.

Hopefully all nudey, as well haha!! i could dream. She still looks good for her age. I watched an interview with her on the blu ray, and i couldnt believe it!

Just cutting the trailer now, so its more in keeping with the horror trailers of the 80s.....or at least thats my intention. Also, using a well known films trailer music, too, as its just so damned awesome!

The trailer is now cut, and I've set it to the trailer music of ALIEN. Just rendering, then gonna upload it to Vimeo, and I'll link to it in the first post. let me know what you think of it :)

Now submitted to .info. Anyone wants to see this, please pm me :)

Review left on ifdb:
This is a fantastic edit of a cult classic by Jetsetwilly. Lifeforce was always one of those films which worked so much better in concept than in actual execution because of shoddy editing and dragging sequences in the original. Here the editor has cut away all excess material and given us a great film that presents the story as it always should have been: concise, graphic and interesting. Audio/visual work is top notch, no noticeable cuts or hiccups, and the narrative has been improved tremendously. If you're are a fan of space vampire invasion movies, you will be after watching this definitive cut by Jetsetwilly. Great work!

Thanks for review dude. Really glad you liked it. And thanks for the kind worods :)

Thanks Vultural for the kind review. Glad you enjoyed it, dude :)

No problem. This was a good edit.
I was happy to review and help with comments during your work on it.

Thanks matey. I do appreciate the help you, Dwight and Ranger613 gave me throughout. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom