• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Letterboxd

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My newest ranking list: Spider-Man.

1. Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (2018)
2. Spider-Man 2 (2004)
3. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
4. Spider-Man (2002)
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
6. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
7. Venom (2018)
8. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
9. Spider-Man 3 (2007)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
11. The Amazing Spider-Man (1977)
12. Spider-Man Strikes Back (1978)
13. Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge (1979)

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
My newest ranking list: Spider-Man.

7. Venom (2018)
8. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
9. Spider-Man 3 (2007)

tenor.gif

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wouldn't include the 3D animated films out of general spite.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I followed everyone who posted here. If you want to follow me, here ya go: https://letterboxd.com/TomH1138/

Nice job with getting your friends hooked on Star Trek, Handman! I couldn't have done it better myself. :)

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a pretty stupid dialectic thanks to Letterboxd, in that I want to watch lots and lots of great movies, but I also want my star-rating bar graph to achieve a perfect bell curve.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Start watching shitty movies.  It's fascinating at just how educational they can be at times.  You learn exactly what not to do.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Start watching shitty movies.  It's fascinating at just how educational they can be at times.  You learn exactly what not to do.

Underrated suggestion. I am of the opinion more people should watch bad movies on purpose. 

It's very difficult to make a great film. We know this. Yet we expect the films we spend our time watching to be great. You could say, statistically, great films are out of the ordinary; abnormal. You can temper those expectations back to average, and then you might be more impressed by products of quality, and your graph will be more naturally perfect. Low effort entertainment is the great equalizer. But make sure to shoot for actual good-bad movies. Not just bad-bad movies. No reason to torture yourself.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:

Exactly the reason why I've watched all those Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street sequels.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
With 'Pan's Labyrinth' watched, that completes my first '5 Directors, 5 Films' challenge.

I really enjoyed all the varied films by Michael Powell. Fritz Lang's films were not his best ones. Dario Argento is definitely now one of my favourite Directors. The George A. Romero films were interesting but not the equal of his Dead trilogy. The Del Toro films were all terrific, except for Blade II. A worth while exercise all round.

Time for '5 Directors, 5 Films' Part II:

Kathryn Bigelow (I'm crazy about her hard-hitting political work in the last 10-years but I haven't seen a lot of the early more varied stuff. This completes her filmography (not including her first co-directed feature))
1987 Near Dark
1990 Blue Steel
1991 Point Break
2000 The Weight of Water
2002 K-19: The Widowmaker

Tsui Hark (A good excuse to crack open my new 'Once Upon a Time in China' blu-ray boxset and complete the 'A Better Tomorrow' trilogy)
1989 A Better Tomorrow III: Love & Death in Saigon
1991 Once Upon a Time in China
1992 Once Upon a Time in China II
1993 Once Upon a Time in China III
1993 Once Upon a Time in China V

Spike Lee (I've sporadically seen his work but not much of his early stuff. 5 of his earliest films from my 9-disc DVD boxset, completing everything from 1988 to 1994)
1986 She's Gotta Have It
1988 School Daze
1989 Do the Right Thing
1990 Mo' Better Blues
1991 Jungle Fever

Ken Russell (completes his films from 1970 to 1980)
1969 Women in Love
1970 The Music Lovers
1971 The Boy Friend
1974 Mahler
1980 Altered States

John Woo (Completes his vintage Hong Kong action period from 1986 to 1992, plus his most recent film returning to the HK action genre)
1986 Heroes Shed No Tears
1989 Just Heroes
1990 Bullet in the Head
1991 Once a Thief
2017 Manhunt

(I've gone for two 80s/90s Hong Kong action Directors because I'm in that kind of mood.)

https://letterboxd.com/tm2yc/list/5-directors-5-films-part-ii/

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sweet, we both have Point Break on lists of movies to watch! But my list also includes films in the category mentioned further above, of...bad films.

I hardly use letterboxd, but I think I will use it in my journey of... 
Watching every film where Keanu Reeves plays a character named John (or a variation of it)!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here is my letterboxd list for Keanu Reeves movies where he plays a character named John:

https://boxd.it/2YaQU

Now, I have them listed in release order, but I will not be watching them in that order. Tonight is my only opportunity watch John Wick Chapter 3, so before that I will be rushing to watch 1 and 2. After that, I'll just go in whatever order interests me in the moment.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Streisand A Star is Born isn't worth the trouble.

Top Bottom