• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Length of Video & Audio Not matching after PGDemux Step

gracie1979

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello,

I am fairly new but I have ran through all of the Boone's steps all the way through once to create a fanedit. Now I am wanting to go back and improve on the first fanedit I made, so instead of pulling my original project up in Sony Movie Studio I decided to go back through all the steps again using my fanedited disc that I had created originally and rip it and start from scratch using it. The problem I am running into is that my audio file is not matching my video file when I import them into Sony Movie Studio. I noticed it after I ran through the PGDMux step. The audio file seems correct, showing the duration at 02:04:34 and the video file is showing 00:53:36, but the whole movie is there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's quite a drastic change in length.  I've had problems before of merging audio and video files together only to find out that one is longer than the other.  For me, the solution was found in the FPS.  Whereas one was ripped at 24fps, the other was at 23.978fps.  However, that kind of descrepancy wouldn't make a 2 hour movie only 53 minutes.  So, I would still look at this first, but the problem may lie elsewhere.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
how did you rip the disc to your hard drive? There could be lingering copy protection issues, or a bad copy.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gracie1979 said:
the Boone

giphy.gif

gracie1979

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
how did you rip the disc to your hard drive? There could be lingering copy protection issues, or a bad copy.

I ripped it using DVDFab8 doing a copy of the Video_TS Folder and the Audio_TS Folder. It's very strange because when I went through the first fan edit I did a couple of years ago, I did not run into this problem. I am using the disc that I burned my first fan edit to so I am not sure if that is the issue.

Top Bottom