• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Legion: An Exorcist III fanedit by Spicediver

I think this should be a news item.

spicediver said:
425651_363095520380152_156479414375098_1102934_1146861297_n.jpg

Holy crap.

My inner fanboy is going bezerk. :)

I can now confirm my "Legion" fanedit is screening at the Mad Monster Party movie convention on Sunday March 25 in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA.

Introduced by one of the film's stars Brad Dourif with a Q&A session afterwards about the film's controversial production.

The Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=363095520380152&set=pu.156479414375098&type=1&theater

The weekend schedule:

http://www.themadmonsterparty.com/events2.html

That is all.

That's AWESOME. Congratulations!

That's so cool! :)
I'll make an article about it tonight, if no one made one before.

Last week I won tickets to see the Simon Mayo & Mark Kermode Radio Show with Robert Redford, which I went to today :)

It was a pretty great day and I even got my 15 Seconds of fame when I contributed to the weekly Top 10 on Wittertainment for the Pirates review :)

You can download the podcast here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/kermode my bit starts at at 13 min 27 Secs ;)

Oh, I also handed Mark Kermode a copy the Legion Fanedit after the show and he was delighted to receive it. So the great man himself now owns a copy of the edit!

That's grand. :)

Thanks for making the effort.

SD

BTW, anyone who's seen my Legion edit and liked it may want to download it again.

A few months ago I updated it with a recut to the nurse attack scene so that the 2nd cop comes in the door just seconds before the gunshot, which makes it clear that he's the shooter.

That scene as I originally cut it confused a surprising number of people, and I wasn't entirely happy with it myself.

All available D/L options now have this updated cut.

SD

No worries SD.
I'm sure he'll watch it as he was genuinely pleased to get it.

I'm surprised you've had to re-do the edit it was perfectly clear to me who shot the nurse.

Availability update!

Both the DVD and MP4 releases of Legion are now available through these channels:

Usenet (NZB file available at Info)
Bittorrent (at Demonoid and h33t)
Rapidshare (DLC file available at Info)

Rebue posted on IFDB:

Turd polishing/turkey glazing at its finest.

It's obvious a lot of Spicediver care and attention went into demucking the theatrical release and turning it into an altogether different beast. The edit takes on a different pace and feels like a religious horror piece from the '70s, which is a plus; it allows one a chance to enjoy Dourif's and Scott's performances within a more coherent story, even if the latter hams it up in spots.

As noted by Dwight Fry, the custom titles look fantastic and range-free studio organic, both at the beginning of the movie and at the end. Another nice touch: Spicediver's foreword with creepy choirboy singing before the edit proper begins.

I watched the mp4 version, which sported excellent video quality.

Thanks for the positive review, ssj.

Some very observant comments about the 70's flavour - It never occurred to me until now.

SD

Watched this last night and really loved it. Although the changes outside of the ending are slight, overall it added up to a big difference. I've always been a fan of this film, and this edit made me love it even more. Thanks for putting the effort into it.

Roswell422 said:
Watched this last night and really loved it. Although the changes outside of the ending are slight, overall it added up to a big difference. I've always been a fan of this film, and this edit made me love it even more. Thanks for putting the effort into it.

Thanks Roswell. Glad you enjoyed. :)

Yes the final two scenes in my Legion cut are where the majority of the work was done. Luckily, the removal of all the Father Morning/exorcist elements up to that point were relatively straight-forward.

Please leave a review too if you get time at http://fanedit.org/ifdb/component/c...ase/fanfix/108-legion-an-exorcist-iii-fanedit

Curious if there are any plans to do a follow up now that we have some more footage courtesy of Scream Factory...?

beardyhorrorfan said:
Curious if there are any plans to do a follow up now that we have some more footage courtesy of Scream Factory...?

Spicediver's last visit was two years ago. I doubt there will be any kind of follow up.

addiesin said:
beardyhorrorfan said:

Spicediver's last visit was two years ago. I doubt there will be any kind of follow up.

Shame. Thankfully Sarpistein is working on one so all is not lost :)

I've made a personal edit, that incorporates the new footage. Didn't announce as it as I wasn't sure if there was a demand for it.

FatherMerrin said:
I've made a personal edit, that incorporates the new footage. Didn't announce as it as I wasn't sure if there was a demand for it.

I'd love to see it Father! PM sent.

Back
Top Bottom