• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Legend of the Seeker

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another example of a great tv show that no one watched.
Based on the SWORD OF TRUTH novels by Terry Goodkind, Legend of the Seeker is a dramatic fantasty series following the adventures of Richard (the Seeker), Kahlan (the Mother Confessor) and Zed (Wizard of the First Order) as they battle Darken Rhal (in the first season) and the Keeper of the Underworld (the second season).

Produced by Sam Raimi, and filmed in beautiful New Zealand, this is NO Hercules or Xena. The story is played straight and very dramatic, with incredible fight scenes, amazingly rich costuming and wonderful cinemaphotography.

While not a word for word adaptation of the novels ("thankfully"), it stays true to the core elements and themes. The first season was more episodic, a loose adaptation of Wizards First Rule. The second season was very serialized, very dark (in a very good way) and adapts elements of books two and three.

This is a fantastic tv series! It definitely deserved more attention and praise. Unfortunately, I think airing in syndication was a mistake (the syndication market is not what is was in the 80s and 90s) and eventually killed the show. I know on my local cable the show aired at 1am on Friday nights.

I picked up seasons one and two on dvd recently. Finished season one and I am half way through season two. Season one was fun, full of good adventures and character arcs, but so far Season Two is far superior. The whole show elevated to a new level. It is total awesomeness, as my favorite Panda would say.

So if you are iching for some Lord of the Rings fantasty type action, you should definitely go out and pick up these dvd sets. They show deserved to be seen. THUMBS WAY UP!!!:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched this episode, "Perdition"...
some truly epic fun stuff, best episode so far of season two and lots of little nuggets for fans of the novels....

Top Bottom