• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Layer Breaks: When & Where?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i was just about to do the final authoring run in dvdlab for KB-WBR V2 when i remembered about layer breaks since this is a DL DVD. i understand what the layer break does but my two problems are

1 i have no idea on when to set one up ie in dvdlab before authoring or in imgburn when actually burning the disc/image.

2 where to actually put the layer break on the disc.

i assume theres a rule of thumb for this but i cant seem to track down what that is or whether it depends on the way you have structured the disc etc.

at the mo, i have both parts of the movie in a single vts but as different movies within it. this is slightly different to the way modernknife had the original dvd setup. the way he used was two different VTS's each with one movie file in it.

so what do you think?

i allways put a layer break in imgburn.

so this is something i dont have to worry about then. i just rar up the dvd bung it on rapidshare and then when someone downloads it and wants to burn it to disc they set the layer break up in their preferred choice of burning software?

yup....if you use nero recode you even have to set a layer break.

thanks dude i know sod all about DL discs as ive never worked with them before (at least in an editing capacity)

Back
Top Bottom