• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

drvrjon

Reaction score
Trophy Points
51ZSGRPDZRL._SY445_.jpg
814rW3DCZgL._SY445_.jpg
81v-vbXW1YL._SY445_.jpg
81AGe9210WL._SY445_.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got a free lunch at work last week, so I celebrated by buying some Redbox blu-rays, neither of which I've even seen: :cool:

20220808-195507.jpg

(Matrix 4)

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got my filthy mitts on the new Munsters, I'm way more excited about it than I should be.

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On Wednesday I was surprised to receive Shawscope Volume Two from Arrow two months before release date. It also happened to be my birthday, so it became my birthday present to myself LOL

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just ordered the Italian 4K of Evil Dead 2.

Not only does it have better quality that the US release, but the Blu-Ray disc included is region locked so I can finally test if my Blu-Ray player is region free.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
41anz9vvpGL._AC_SY445_.jpg

51CA1DM9WGL._AC_.jpg

51SKywr4mbL._AC_SY350_QL15_.jpg

Having rewatched II-IV in the last couple days, I think I regret buying this Phantasm set. I love the original and like II, but the rest of the sequels are crud. $30+ is a lot of money to blow away when three of the five movies are ones you'll never, ever watch again.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Nemesis 1-4 blu-ray set, no extras annoyingly, but I love them all, just pretend 5 doesn't exist, OK?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Having rewatched II-IV in the last couple days, I think I regret buying this Phantasm set. I love the original and like II, but the rest of the sequels are crud. $30+ is a lot of money to blow away when three of the five movies are ones you'll never, ever watch again.
They're not for everyone, but I thoroughly love them all (except 2). I forget if I mentioned it here, but I wound up buying the collector's set with the sphere replica.
I'm also the weirdo who loves most of the Hellraiser sequels, so...

On that note, there is no set with all of the Hellraiser movies, be it dvd or bluray. At least last I checked. I know they aren't all beloved, but it's just something you'd expect to exist. I can go to Walmart and buy all the Phantasm and Leprechaun movies, but not all the Hellraiser movies. Rick and Morty parodied Hellraiser last season from what I've heard, theres a new Hellraiser movie just out, the franchise is clearly still somewhat relevant, fuck you Weinsteins.

So yeah, Phantasm. I like to call Reggie Bannister 'Register Bannister'. It's funnier to say than to read.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On that note, there is no set with all of the Hellraiser movies, be it dvd or bluray. At least last I checked. I know they aren't all beloved, but it's just something you'd expect to exist. I can go to Walmart and buy all the Phantasm and Leprechaun movies, but not all the Hellraiser movies. Rick and Morty parodied Hellraiser last season from what I've heard, theres a new Hellraiser movie just out, the franchise is clearly still somewhat relevant, fuck you Weinsteins.
Different studios has the rights to them.

Lakeshore Entertainment has 1 and 2

Miramax (Paramount) has 3-8

Lionsgate (I think) has 9-10

And Fox/Disney has the latest one.

As compared to Phantasm and Leprechaun, which are all owned by one studio.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Different studios has the rights to them.

Lakeshore Entertainment has 1 and 2

Miramax (Paramount) has 3-8

Lionsgate (I think) has 9-10

And Fox/Disney has the latest one.

As compared to Phantasm and Leprechaun, which are all owned by one studio.
Whaaat? I thought all the Hellraisers were just Dimension. I figured it was a dumb choice rather than a rights issue.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whaaat? I thought all the Hellraisers were just Dimension. I figured it was a dumb choice rather than a rights issue.
Nope, all split up. Though they do have the lion's share of the franchise.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't had the chance to see the new Halloween yet so as a consolation, while my mom was at Walmart she offered to pick up some other horror movies to watch this weekend (I'm going to pay her back).
So naturally I asked her to pick me up the Rob Zombie Halloween films, which I'm the only person who loves. And also American Horror Story seasons 1-7, I've never seen any of it but I've been meaning to check it out for years.

Editzilla

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't had the chance to see the new Halloween yet so as a consolation, while my mom was at Walmart she offered to pick up some other horror movies to watch this weekend (I'm going to pay her back).
So naturally I asked her to pick me up the Rob Zombie Halloween films, which I'm the only person who loves. And also American Horror Story seasons 1-7, I've never seen any of it but I've been meaning to check it out for years.
Hope it's the director's cut of II...

Anyway, got 20 Million Miles From Earth on Blu-ray at Half Price Books a few days ago

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
American Horror Story seasons 1-7, I've never seen any of it but I've been meaning to check it out for years.
I stopped watching after Roanoke. Every season starts out really strong, then hits a boring patch where nothing happens, then a bunch of nonsense happens in the last episode. Rinse and repeat.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I stopped watching after Roanoke. Every season starts out really strong, then hits a boring patch where nothing happens, then a bunch of nonsense happens in the last episode. Rinse and repeat.

Felt the same when I watched Season 1. Never bothered with further seasons; same creative team is bound to produce more of the same.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I was watching Star Trek Enterprise, my mom would tease me about Scott Bakula. "Are you watching your Dracula show?" "Are you watching your Quantam Leap?"
She's continued to joke about how I should get the Quantum Leap boxset.
Today at Walmart I finally found the Quantum Leap, and I just had to get it.

CAL0901

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Princess Bride (blu-ray). It cost $1.05 on Ebay, excellent condition. Originally I bought the dvd for $1.00 at my local Goodwill. After watching it I decided I wanted the BD. So, there you go.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NOBODY TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A NEW AQUA TEEN FILM. I just stumbled across it and just had to buy it. I hate the idea of spending 20+ dollars on a 70 minute movie, but goddamnit I love Aqua Teen.

Top Bottom