• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

But fingers crossed that these discs are outliers. Region-free players are still essential, as some titles will never make it to 4K/never made it to Blu-ray, and some extras even on 4K discs are in SD and need a player that can deal with both NTSC and PAL gracefully.
Yikes. I certainly hope they’re just outliers. I don’t necessarily have to worry about that too much now, but still... everyone should be able to enjoy film and television however they can, even if they have to import it.

Today’s mail day brings two Scream Factory releases I’ve been eyeing: Dead Ringers and Pet Sematary Two. I’m currently watching Dead Ringers at the moment (this is my first time seeing it and it was a blind buy) and I’ll be checking Pet Semetary Two tomorrow after watching the first one again.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cronenberg manages to make a color the creepiest thing in Dead Ringers. It is a wrong, wrong, very wrong color.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That friggin’ red. I’m watching the 1.66:1 version with the warmer color palette and the red looks so creepy! I’ll have to see if it’s just as creepy in the 1.78:1 version.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
51pLLkLDwEL._AC_SX342_.jpg

c9c6caf06c0c15606f9887b9f6da771d.jpg

6015b7604efd0032e7c301e7f158ece4.png

71uViHt8bqL._AC_SY606_.jpg

98e2cc7c08357cb8d71a20ea24f324b1--vincent-price-my-wish-list.jpg

819D4m0D%2BnL._AC_SY679_.jpg

81XEiXVmdZL._AC_SX342_.jpg

51O5NboVv%2BL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Latest addition to the collection. These early Vestrons typically go for 50-60$ Canadian on Amazon but I got this one from a third party for only 29.60$ Canadian. Free Prime shipping, because it was being fulfilled by Amazon, no import fees (came from the US), and no tax. I couldn't hit "Add to cart" fast enough. lol And you can imagine my surprise (shock?) when I opened it up and found that it came with the slip. This thing came out in September 2016 and it still has the slip yet I ordered the Vestron of Little Monsters a little over a month after it came out last year and that one didn't?

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
81AclEpL7gL._AC_SX342_.jpg

510dFNCX12L._AC_.jpg

51zGXNFkMWL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Never watched The Fugitive before, but it's a series I've been meaning to check out for a while now. Hope it's to my liking.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've finally completed my dream John Carpenter blu-ray collection (after selling off my DVDs last year), from 1974's 'Dark Star', to 2010's 'The Ward', including all the films he directed and wrote. They're mostly Region-A Shout Factory Collector's Editions, with some Region-B Arrow and Indicator sets. I've seen all of his films before but I haven't unwrapped some of these yet and re-watched them in HD.

51075610646_1f9f38261b_b[1].jpg

51075610636_eacd15453a_b[1].jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMG_20210408_150646.png

My copy of Craig Baldwin's Mock Up On Mu arrived yesterday. A note from the director was included which was really neat.
0408211502.jpg

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bought “It’s Such a Beautiful Day” on Blu-Ray. Watched all the short films included, can’t wait to watch World of Tomorrow (which I bought and downloaded episodes 2 and 3 on Vimeo) and the actual movie, it’s such a beautiful day. Also recently was Cowboy bebop movie and show, and the animated LOTR/hobbit films special remastered edition DVD’s.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thu.jpg

$2.23 blind buy from a Redbox kiosk, tax included. I wonder if pairing it with an unofficial, comedic commentary would be more fun than watching the movie proper... :p

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Gaith Go in blind. You'll be frustrated with it for a couple of reasons, but you'll end up wanting to watch it again.......well if you are a Nolan fan that is.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bought this in a fit of nostalgia, and to revisit Moore Marrriott's characters to help with my writing. Watched 'Boys will be boys' last night, which wasn't as good as I remembered, but didn't feature Graham Moffatt or Marriot.

81tIfg4tKjL._SL1500_.jpg

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Latest addition to the collection. These early Vestrons typically go for 50-60$ Canadian on Amazon but I got this one from a third party for only 29.60$ Canadian. Free Prime shipping, because it was being fulfilled by Amazon, no import fees (came from the US), and no tax. I couldn't hit "Add to cart" fast enough. lol And you can imagine my surprise (shock?) when I opened it up and found that it came with the slip. This thing came out in September 2016 and it still has the slip yet I ordered the Vestron of Little Monsters a little over a month after it came out last year and that one didn't?

Forever my favorite cheesy 80s movie and they killed it with this release. The picture/special features were amazing.

Last Blu-ray I bought was the Arrow Films Mallrats release simply for the tv cut that was included. It certainly didn’t disappoint. The poorly overdubbed Jason Mewes lines were flat out hilarious.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thought I'd just mention that Redbox is selling a good number of Marvel Blu Rays for $1.99 each. You can get All the Avengers, Thor Ragnarok, Civil War, Black Panther, GotGv2 and Antman & The Wasp for $2/each. If you buy one, sometimes it will give you a $2 off next movie purchase too. I snagged WW84 and Thor Ragnarok.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
51yOjfVgIIL._AC_SY445_.jpg

71KPbOp-rFL._SY445_.jpg

e64a910deb12c0e1bbb6d966807c6f42.jpg

51TWNQAJEFL._AC_SY445_.jpg

519Zq8-R%2BBL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

91sN+1Zii0L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Only kept The People Under the Stairs; I have zero interest in the other three.

714pykxhf3L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

517nDe9crtL.jpg

51av9CyQVEL.jpg

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Microsoft Movies has the Karate Kid trilogy in HD for $6 right now. It's MA so it ports to all providers and can be used as an itunes source. Also snagged some codes for Frozen 1&2 and Incredibles for $1 a piece. I generally stick to physical media, but HDX MA movies for $1-2 without the hassle of travel time and deal hunting are hard to beat.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've finally completed my dream John Carpenter blu-ray collection (after selling off my DVDs last year), from 1974's 'Dark Star', to 2010's 'The Ward', including all the films he directed and wrote. They're mostly Region-A Shout Factory Collector's Editions, with some Region-B Arrow and Indicator sets. I've seen all of his films before but I haven't unwrapped some of these yet and re-watched them in HD.

View attachment 160

View attachment 161
So very nice...Eyes of Laura Mars...its been a while. I feel like a schmuck for not knowing he did Elvis. Gotta see that again...

Top Bottom