• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
138651996_3882820685096690_3553707108613681368_n.jpg

Disney has finally put Fantasia back in print.  And you better believe I pre-ordered it.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I didn't see Frankenweenie until fairly recently -- it's a great, fun movie!

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
How does it compare to the 1984 short film?

It's stop motion and it's feature length.  :p

Seriously though, I like it better than the original.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This topic is really good at keeping me aware of how much I'm spending.
22762.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
51pQdxMEkjL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Not a new purchase. I'd actually decided to weed this set from my shelves a year or so ago, but never got around to giving it away. Then I changed my mind.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
616YyveP2rL._SL1080_.jpg

Ashamed to say I've never seen any of these before, despite how well-known they are in the UK. I picked up the Region 2 DVD, as my TV-DVD combo in the basement is region-free. Will start watching them this week.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
Ashamed to say I've never seen any of these before, despite how well-known they are in the UK. I picked up the Region 2 DVD, as my TV-DVD combo in the basement is region-free. Will start watching them this week.

There's some really good stuff in there.  IMO the director's conceit that initiated the whole project is a little hard to bear at times, but luckily it's pretty much thrown aside as the series progresses.  Even the people I can't stand get a chance to add to the story with a few really insightful remarks.  But most of the people are relatable, sometimes tragically.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Garp said:

There's some really good stuff in there.  IMO the director's conceit that initiated the whole project is a little hard to bear at times, but luckily it's pretty much thrown aside as the series progresses.  Even the people I can't stand get a chance to add to the story with a few really insightful remarks.  But most of the people are relatable, sometimes tragically.

I watched the first 2 episodes last night and I was hooked. The class angle is a little heavy-handed in these two, but are fascinating nonetheless. Growing up in the UK in the 70s, this series is also going to scratch a nostalgia itch for me.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
CatBus said:
Garp said:

I watched the first 2 episodes last night and I was hooked. The class angle is a little heavy-handed in these two, but are fascinating nonetheless. Growing up in the UK in the 70s, this series is also going to scratch a nostalgia itch for me.

The heavy-handed class stuff eases off, except that they use the same voiceover introductory clip through the series, which remains a little overly dramatic with the class angle, but also seems increasingly anachronistic as the series goes on, so it's easier to take.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the Warner Shop sale, I got:

Freebie and the Bean
Scarecrow
Brigadoon
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
The Sea Hawk
Wait Until Dark
The Thin Man

Can't wait for them to arrive.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ 'The Thin Man' is a comedy classic best enjoyed with a cocktail.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the Warner Shop sale
Thanks for informing me of this! I just got the minimum amount of items for the sale:
  • The Bad and the Beautiful
  • Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
  • The Shop Around the Corner
  • A Streetcar Named Desire
All blind buys for me, but I'm making pretty safe bets, especially at under $10 per movie with all the savings. I of course love Newman, Stewart, and Brando, so those picks were easy, then for the fourth-and-final one it just seemed like The Bad and the Beautiful - which I hadn't heard of until now - would definitely be up my alley. I, too, can't wait.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ 'The Bad and the Beautiful' is a masterpiece. I was lucky enough to see a 35mm print once.

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Finally pulled the trigger on a region free 4K player. I know 4K is region free already, but I’m starting to import more releases now.

After going back and forth between getting the Scream Factory version or the 4K. I finally decided to get the StudioCanal 4K for The Fog.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally pulled the trigger on a region free 4K player. I know 4K is region free already, but I’m starting to import more releases now.

But fingers crossed that these discs are outliers. Region-free players are still essential, as some titles will never make it to 4K/never made it to Blu-ray, and some extras even on 4K discs are in SD and need a player that can deal with both NTSC and PAL gracefully.

Top Bottom