• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

kidjupiter92

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

This had been sitting in my saved cart for months and on my Rewatch List for a few years now. I ordered it on Amazon as a late birthday present to myself. The last time I saw this film was when I was kid and my folks still had laserdisc.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Who knows how long it'll last, but I just spotted and snagged this beaut of a deal on Amazon! :D

Untitled.jpg

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sales have been great lately, I've posted my Doctor Who Blu-ray findings in the DW thread.

Got the Jurassic box set with all the movies so far, upgrading my J Park movies from dvd and snagging the new movies, altogether about 20 bucks.

Got the entire DCEU, 7 movies in one box set that's worth it's price just for Wonder Woman and Shazam, but now I own these other ones and can do what I want to them, editing wise, even got the theatrical and extended versions of BvS and SS. The Harley Quinn movie also dropped price so my collection is complete. No Joker, don't think it counts.

Got the entire 14 film Land Before Time dvd collection for my kid. Wife found that one.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I decided to celebrate the end of the UK's second lockdown by supporting some local businesses. While in the markets I snagged a few discs for future edits.
JTFKCdZ.jpg

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That 3-disc boxset is fab.  I think I've got the same but the Region-B with a different sleeve:

Apocalypse-Now-Hearts-of-Darkness-Blu-ray-3-Disc.jpg

<hr style="border: 1px solid white;" />

I imported the massive Criterion 'Complete Agnes Varda' blu-ray boxset.  31 films across 15 discs.  It's a whopping 1.5kgs, ideally needing two hands to lift it. The set came in a specially moulded card shipper.  That's what I call physical media! :D

smINhRNA2qK8N55UWT9FAG7R7nHGdN_original.jpg

I spent way too much on it but I'm putting it down to an early Christmas present for myself, plus I can always re-sell a prestige Criterion set like this for at least what I paid for it (being an import, probably more).

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
91EJwpfKIpL._AC_SY445_.jpg

91wma9GVMkL._AC_SY445_.jpg

The Lighthouse is one of those films I'd really, really, reeeeeeeeeally prefer to have on BD. Stupid Walmart, is Stupid.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Duragizer said:

The Lighthouse is one of those films I'd really, really, reeeeeeeeeally prefer to have on BD. Stupid Walmart, is Stupid.

Why not just order it off of Amazon?

My family hasn't been able to make online purchases for three years now, for a number of reasons.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
Frantic Canadian said:
Duragizer said:

Why not just order it off of Amazon?

My family hasn't been able to make online purchases for three years now, for a number of reasons.

What about getting a friend to order it for you? Or maybe getting it through another retailer? I'm sure Sunrise Records would have it on blu.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Snagged this on Amazon HD yesterday for $2 (delayed shipping credits for the win!). It's a MA title so it ports across services.
images

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I am curious to see what an HD transfer of Tammy & the T-Rex looks like.  Hopefully better than this:

Dp3X6pn.gif

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^ I am curious to see what an HD transfer of Tammy & the T-Rex looks like.  Hopefully better than this:

Dp3X6pn.gif

Unfortunately, the PG-13 cut is sourced from video. I don't know if they've done any restoration to it, though. The unrated cut, aka the gore cut, has been newly scanned and restored in 4K from its original 35mm negative. I watched the gore cut on Shudder back in October and it did look pretty good. You can see some screenshots of the gore cut in Blu-ray.com's review of it.

They don't include any screenshots from the PG-13 cut but I did find one screenshot on movie-censorship's comparison page (page 2).

Top Bottom