• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Large's Ark

"Alright, hold up! Hold up! Who just saw some titties?! Raise your hand if you just saw some titties!"

You mean in the edit or in general?
:drum:

Gatos said:
"Alright, hold up! Hold up! Who just saw some titties?! Raise your hand if you just saw some titties!"
Awww, I wanna see some titties!

This edit is now available on RS, seek info, and you shall find.

Another classic, L8wrtr. I did not like the original, but this is edit is quickly becoming one of my favorite films.

Thanks SBridgest! That makes the re-upload worth it already :) feel free to comment and rate on the edit listing :)

Updated DLC for Large's Ark has been submitted to the info. Hopefully gets updated soonish. Also, this is now on the list of reworks to get a High Def version with a few special extra's.

10 years ago I released what is absolutely one of my least impactful, least popular projects; Large's Ark.

While this edit failed to find an audience, it remains one of the edits I am most proud of. So, to celebrate it's 10 years of anonymity, I am currently in the process of remastering it in HD because the BD was not released in North America until several years after I released it the edit.

I have a few lofty goals for this Anniversary project; we'll see how close I make the mark. My goals are:
- Recreate the original edit with the new HD source, and same music cues of the original edit.
- With the help of @Bobson Dugnutt, incorporate vastly improved upscaled deleted scenes which are pivotal for this edit to work.
- Record some form of a commentary track.
- Create an alternate audio that uses Zach's original musical selections.

Bobson has already shown me some screen grabs of the work that he's done and it's amazing and should fix the only aspects of the original edit that I was disappointed with.

The editing itself should be completed by end of October, but I am learning new BD software so I am granting myself a big cushion and don't expect a release until December.

Great News , this was one of the first fanedits i ever downloaded and still have it burned onto a DVD.

Plenty of editors remastering old projects is great news. Now if we could only get @white43 to remaster his Samantha Darko edit.

I have to say it's been quite the boost to see the positive support for this, thanks for posting! It's really a pleasure to revisit this and really shake out the cobwebs.

It's funny, Hero had a comment when it first released about an issue during the hamster burial scene that in looking back, he was totally correct, I have no idea what trim I was trying to make, but I failed! That is one fix that is going in!

First pass is nearly done already. I need to track down whatever film I used for the landing jet after my title card, and a few sound fx that I have to try and figure out how I resolved the first time around, but the edit itself is definitely on track for being ready for a preview audience end of Oct/early November as I will want opinions on the audio mix. FCP7 was so much easier for audio work than PP and audio is what makes or breaks a fanedit.

Anyhow, thanks for the support, can't wait to share this one.

Progress!
All the video edits are in place with the exception of the two inserted deleted scenes which are still in process.
All replacement songs have been lined up to match with the original edit so next up is the painstaking process of rebuilding the channels and audio-mix levels. PP isn't nearly as elegant with audio editing tools as FCP7 was, which is what the original edit was cut on.

I've begun researching my BD options; while you used to be able to download Encore even though it's not part of Adobe's creative suite, it doesn't look like that is an option any more. I still have it on my old iMac, but it is seriously bloated and can barely run (I mostly just used it as a 2nd monitor for my laptop). I'll need to delete a ton of crap and see what I can do to get it to behave in the hopes I can still use that old copy of Encore.

DVD Fab does have a BD creator which I can use as a fall-back, but their tendency to over-simply their tools makes it look like the multiple audio channel might be a problem, and that feature is a critical aspect of the project.

Lastly, if anyone on this thread is good with covers and would be willing, I would be eternally grateful for an assist. I've always hated the cover I created.

Stay Thirsty.

Sad update.

While awaiting completion of the upscaled deleted scenes (which the screen shots looked fantastic for) I reviewed the entire edit in it's current state and found at least one scene with a major glitch in the rip. I will need to re-rip the disk and hope that it will drop in without a problem. If not, fortunately re-doing the re-edit itself really won't take more than 2 days tops once I get to it. @ArtisDead has also kindly begun working on a revised cover because let's be honest, the one I made was absolute crap.

My hope for a December release is fading a little, but still possible.

You will get it figured out! I'm still hoping for a December release. That gives me plenty of time to perfect the cover and get the color balance right to look gold and not greenish...

Last edited:
Hopefully the technical issues are sorted out fast and people can (re)discover this real sleeper of an edit in its revitalized form. I remember previewing the original edit and our discussions about it (oh, the good old days!) I didn't care for the official cut of the film at all, mainly due to my distaste for the "manic pixie dream girl" trope, but L8wrtr managed to find a lot of heart in it, and dare I say, understood Zach Braff's intentions better than Zach Braff himself.

Hopefully the technical issues are sorted out fast and people can (re)discover this real sleeper of an edit in its revitalized form. I remember previewing the original edit and our discussions about it (oh, the good old days!) I didn't care for the official cut of the film at all, mainly due to my distaste for the "manic pixie dream girl" trope, but L8wrtr managed to find a lot of heart in it, and dare I say, understood Zach Braff's intentions better than Zach Braff himself.
Oh, please Mr. Frye, tell me you have the edit...

This edit has so much heart!

The original is very personal to me and is a part of a different me from another time.

When L8wrtr and I started discussing the fact that he was revising this edit and upgrading it and allowed me the honor of creating the art, it didn't even register.

I had completely forgotten that I even watched this movie when it came out. His sentiments about how personal the edit was to him didn't help me remember. Spence's comment that it was his favorite L8wrtr fanedit didn't jog my memory.

It mirrored my life in many ways at that time. I really connected with it. I loved it for a while, jumped up and down waving my arms, screaming about how great it was to anybody who would tolerate me...for quite a while. It had its not great moments but was overall brilliant. However, life happened, as it does, and it just kind of drifted out of my awareness.

The moment I started watching this edit, I was transported back in time. I have lots of ideas about the edit but I'm going to limit them because he is revising and upgrading. The music choices that L8wrtr made changed the vibe to become an even more intimate (to me) revelation.

I love that he used The Airborne Toxic Event's Sometime Around Midnight in the beginning. But it died just when it was getting to the build. I think the song could have faded into the background of the party as if it were on a radio. The other music choices were genius and truly added to the ambience that L8wrtr was after.

I love the way the added scenes and excised scenes change the vibe. Especially those in the beginning. It is deeper and more intimate and is a perfect example of how editing can completely change a movie.

I watched the edit twice before watching the original bluray, and I still love the original, however. L8wrtr has definitely created a much more beautiful and soulful tapestry on which Large and Sam and their interpersonal dynamic with all of its character defects and sad nuances play out. I dare say we even shed a tear at the end.

It was as if he reintroduced me to a long lost friend. Watching it took me back to another me and another life. It felt odd because so much has changed in my life. It is amazing that this movie struck a chord with him. So many people wouldn't quite get it. But all of us did.

Anyone not moved by this edit needs to check themselves for a pulse.

Anyway...Wow! Blown away!

Very anxiously anticipating the revised version!

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom