• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote NOW for January FEOTM!

Krueger

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ZxWidzH.png

Fanedit Title: Krueger
Faneditor Name: youngy94
Tagline: "Don't Fall Asleep."
Original Movie Title: A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)
Genre: Horror
Franchise: Nightmare on Elm Street
Fanedit Type: FanFix
Original Release Date: 2010
Original Running Time: 95
Fanedit Running Time: 81
Time Cut: 14

Brief Synopsis:
Teenagers that are all neighborhood friends begin having the same dream of a horribly disfigured man who stalks them in their dreams. The teenagers discover that they all share a common link from their childhood that makes them targets for Krueger.

Intention:
To remove all the silly humor and remove all the unnecessary dialogue to improve the flow of the movie. I'm also going to try and do what was orignally mean't to happen with Krueger being innocent which makes his motive for killing even stronger as he is now out for revenge for being accused of a crime he never commited.

Rescored opening *
Cut Nancy talking to Quintin
Cut Gwen & Alan talking
Trimmed Nancy in her room
Cut Freddy's " You really shouldn't fall asleep in class"
Cut Freddy's " You look just as beautiful as ever"
Cut Kris talking to her mum
Kris now only calls for Rufus once while leaning out the door
Cut Freddy's " I was just patting him"
Trimmed Kris's death
Cut Nancy's mum telling her to go to bed
Trimmed Jesse walking to his cell
Cut Jesse in his cell
Cut Nancy & Quintin at the library
Cut Jesse's cell mate yelling
Cut Nancy's mum in the lounge
Cut Gwen talking on the phone
Cut Quintin in his room
Trimmed Nancy & Quintin in the car
Cut Quintin entering pharmacy
Trimmed Nancy in the car
Cut Quintin talking to the pharmacist
Cut few small parts in the secret room
Cut Quintin finding photos
Cut Freddy's "tag, your it"
Trimmed dialogue between Nancy and Freddy
Cut Freddy's "now how's this for a wet dream"
Trimmed Nancy in the bedroom
Cut Nancy's "your in my world now bitch"
Changed ending
Rescored ending *

Version 2:
6 Minutes shorter
Rearranged scenes 36:43 - 44:42
Changed Nancy's bath dream to Freddy's death
Trimmed Nancy & Quintin in the bedroom
Cut Quintin swimming

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have been working on this for a few days now and have made many cuts and trims already with many more to make as this movie needs a lot of work and will probably be my toughest yet especially since I'm trying to make Krueger innocent.

Here is a cut I made when Kris get's killed by Freddy, I cut her getting thrown around the room so now she only goes up in the air then get's killed, I think it's much better then the original and I would like some feedback  :)

Jimmy Jesus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Love the shortened scene! It's way less goofy. Will you be using deleted scenes like the nightmare street and the church scene? Maybe even the Freddy chestburster?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually kinda liked this movie. It could absolutely use an edit though. I'm very excited.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jimmy Jesus said:
Love the shortened scene! It's way less goofy. Will you be using deleted scenes like the nightmare street and the church scene? Maybe even the Freddy chestburster?

Thanks I also think it's way less goofy, I wasn't going to originally but with the minutes I've cut I think adding in some deleted scenes will bring the movie back to it's original time and which ones I put in will depend on how they suit my edit

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jimmy Jesus said:

Thanks I thought it was less goofy as well, I have decided that I probably won't use them this time but I might do a version 2 in the future with a few extras added in

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe I have made all the edits that I need to make for this movie, I started editing this about a week ago I just didn't start a thread until late last week. I'm now going to go over the movie and see if there's anything else I need to edit then I will watch it this Thursday or Friday night on the big screen as this will be easier for me to make notes if anything needs to be changed.

Here is another edit I've done which now has Nancy having a dream of Freddy getting killed by the parents as this makes more sense since she is the main character

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe I have made all the edits that I need to make for this movie, I started editing this about a week ago I just didn't start a thread until late last week. I'm now going to go over the movie and see if there's anything else I need to edit then I will watch it this Thursday or Friday night on the big screen as this will be easier for me to make notes if anything needs to be changed.

Here is another edit I've done which now has Nancy having a dream of Freddy getting killed by the parents as this makes more sense since she is the main character, Nancy coming out of the dream needs some work but it just shows the outcome I'm going for

Zagadka

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you going to add any deleted scenes or the alternate ending back from the Bluray or trailers? For example Freddy hiding behind the box? (it's quite creepy):

Or other stuff (e.g. Freddy making a glove):

And how about rescores from other Nightmare and horror movies?

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zagadka said:
Are you going to add any deleted scenes or the alternate ending back from the Bluray or trailers? For example Freddy hiding behind the box? (it's quite creepy):

Or other stuff (e.g. Freddy making a glove):

And how about rescores from other Nightmare and horror movies?

I'm still unsure but I might depending on how the scenes suit my edit as I haven't looked at the deleted scenes yet as I've been busy editing and I never looked at them when I bought the movie years ago since the movie wasn't good I didn't care about the special features. So I'm going to be watching the movie tonight and see how it looks and will then go over the deleted scenes and see what I want to put in

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the movie last night with my partner and I actually liked the movie this time around with all the cuts and trims I made and my partner didn't mind the movie which is good as she doesn't really like horror movies.

While watching I picked up on a couple mistakes with what people say about things that I've cut and when Nancy and Quintin are in the secret room I believe I have made it look like Freddy is innocent by removing all evidence. I'm going to go over the mistakes I made and fix them as well as try to make the secret room scene a little better as currently is a bit small and happens to quick.

gazza

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Will you be altering the final scene with Kristen and her mother and kreuger in the mirror.it always strikes me as a bit odd because kristen and her mother are both awake(so how could kreuger be there)I know this scene is supposed to be a homage to the originals ending but that had hints that kristen was asleep(color pallete
being too bright, glens car with the red/green inner roof,children jump-roping on the lawn singing 1-2 freddy's coming for you)

Jimmy Jesus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
He could use the ending where Freddy was "reborn" through Quentin as sort of chestburster visual. He did say he was debating the use of the alternate material so I don't know.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gazza said:
Will you be altering the final scene with Kristen and her mother and kreuger in the mirror.it always strikes me as a bit odd because kristen and her mother are both awake(so how could kreuger be there)I know this scene is supposed to be a homage to the originals ending but that had hints that kristen was asleep(color pallete
being too bright, glens car with the red/green inner roof,children jump-roping on the lawn singing 1-2 freddy's coming for you)

I have currently altered the ending and I cut Nancy and her mum so now it just cuts to the credits when Nancy is in the ambulance as Krueger should be dead. I agree with what you said about he should be dead so I think cutting that out makes sense

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished editing everything and have done plenty of cuts and trims and have also rescored the opening and credits, I believe all my edits make the movie much better and as for the rescores I think they suit as well. I would also be interested in feedback if anyone wants to watch and let me know what they think and any other edits I should make.

PM me for the link and any feedback would be much appreciated  :)

Jimmy Jesus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved it! The rescores and Freddy's innocence really helped out the film. Also liked cutting some of his quips out. He's way better at being scary than darkly comical. Only problem is the movie runs way shorter now, but I guess that can't be helped.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jimmy Jesus said:
Loved it! The rescores and Freddy's innocence really helped out the film. Also liked cutting some of his quips out. He's way better at being scary than darkly comical. Only problem is the movie runs way shorter now, but I guess that can't be helped.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it  :)  I'm glad you enjoyed it, would you recommend I do anything else or do you think the movie is ready to upload

Jimmy Jesus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe reinsert the Quentin in the swimming pool nightmare. He never has a nightmare until the end in the edit. Also the "micronaps" conversation should get reinserted because Quentin mentions them with no explanation, and it would help a new viewer understand how they are dreaming while awake.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jimmy Jesus said:
Maybe reinsert the Quentin in the swimming pool nightmare. He never has a nightmare until the end in the edit. Also the "micronaps" conversation should get reinserted because Quentin mentions them with no explanation, and it would help a new viewer understand how they are dreaming while awake.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it  :) I might have two different versions, the current one with the scenes switched around and Nancy having the dream and the other with the scenes in the normal order and where Quintin has the swimming pool nightmare. So the middle will be changed but the rest of the movie will be the same.

youngy94

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have officially finished this edit and I'm happy with how it turned out with all the cuts, trims and couple rescores I've done, I will be submitting it to be put up at the end of the week. Thank you to everyone that gave feedback and to Jimmy Jesus for watching my edit and giving feedback. I also have to give a big thanks to jswert123456 for doing a cover for my edit which looks awesome and much better then the basic one I had.

If anyone wants to watch my edit feel free to PM me  :)

Also if anyone has any suggestions on what movie I should edit next also feel free to PM me  :)

Top Bottom