• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Kong - God of Skull Island

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After the John Wick adventure, i begin this week with my version of Kong skull island
I make this faster of course but also some funny bullshit is gone in this cut 
So, more serious i guess

Great special effects, i like all the King Kong movies  
Even the version of 1976 was for me great to watch because of the effects back in those days

I wanna change some things in this one. like the fight with the giant lizard at the end, Kong fights with the girl in his hand
That is a little unbelievable so i try to change that scene 

Some music overdubs - replacements of John Barry who did the music in the 1976 version

The fact is that this monkey reminds me always of my mother in law
Same looks, same size, but the weird thing is i like this monkey NOT my mother in law.......

Well, ready in August i guess, i am also busy with some other (only blog) releases so more information about this one in the next update

x22Zfro.jpg

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool - i was kinda hoping someone would do a Skull island edit. Although the film is far from perfect there is a good film in there somewhere.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I usually make covers for most of Maniacs edits and I usually just have him post them on his blog and I don't bother clogging up his threads with them, but I thought I would actually share a preview of this one. I have one using "the" quote from Maniac and one without lol. Back is just on of the posters and front is the Apocalypse Now inspired Imax poster

vKZH4fy.jpg

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great cover, i like that Apocalypse Now look on the front

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maniac said:
Great cover, i like that Apocalypse Now look on the front

After seeing the new Planet of the Apes film that would be ideal for a War for the Planet of the Apes alternative cover but instead of Kong replace him with Caeser.

That Apes trilogy was impressive , the movies got better and better. The last one was a cross between Apocalypse Now, the Great Escape and the Revenant...with a bit of PG Tips chimps thrown in for comedy LOL. 

Sorry off topic...back to Kong.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no disresepct to your mother-in-law, but could you rotoscope her in?

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
At the moment i have a workprint of 66 minutes of Kong
It's cut like a rollercoaster, with storyline and all the action intact
The Battle between Kong and the Giant Lizard is completely recut so now after the fight Kong saves the woman from drowning and not in between like in the original
A lot of (dialogue) bullshit is cut, less funny moments so like i said more serious to
I must clean things up but i think next week it will be on the blog and on the IFDB

And NO, i am not gonna "rotoscope" my mother in law
Too shocking for most viewers
Believe me, to see my mother in law you must be prepared, you need absolute a special forces training otherwise you won't survive it

That's it, i give the last update when this is completely done

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is done.
I watched it on the big screen yesterday and it's a pretty fast Kong adventure

I put it tomorrow on the blog and next week on the IFDB

That's it 

Next projects will be an edit of Taxi Driver called "Alone" (I work on that already)
And a recut of an old edit "The Dead Walk" who was for a while now on my list but because of the recent passing of the great George A.Romero it will be done in August

Threads are coming up next week

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i hereby christen you The Abbreviator after your editing style.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit released. Thread moved. Believe me.

Top Bottom