• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kombat Bloody Kombat (Mortal Kombat Grindhoused)

Ok, version 1.0 of the edit is completed and just about to be released...
Poster and description added in opening post.

It's already available.
It would have been submitted this morning, but I cant access my IFDB account for some reason or even reset the password :/

Last edited:
I'm about 25 minutes in (they just met Raiden on the boat) and my main note would be that all the extra scenes have made the film a little too slow out of the gate. As much as I appreciate the extra action and gratuitous T&A, I think the extra bits could be cut down to quicken the pace more.

For instance, we don't need to see Johnny Cage be an @$$hole to the girl in the bar, you can just cut straight to her banging her. We get enough dickery from Johnny throughout the film that we don't need this bit.

Likewise, the Dolph fight at the start could be tightened up. Since it's the opening scene, it needs to have more oomph, I think.

I'll give more notes as I watch more. This far, I'm digging the Grindhouse vibe and think it's a perfect fit for the film

For instance, we don't need to see Johnny Cage be an @$$hole to the girl in the bar,

Well, that's the whole point of the scene (including a place where game quote fits) to present a character that way from the get go (and for him to be more of an a-hole than he was originally - which is further developed with additional dialogue lines later).
Also, that whole sequence is already heavily tightened version of the scene (by something like 50% if I remember correctly), both dialogue and sex.

As for Dolph scene, I thought about it for a moment, but it just happens to flow too good with the music to cut it and complicate matters.

Last edited:
Totally awesome work on KBK :ninja: :cool:

I've seen it through a few times now and agree the additional intro scenes are spot on already. Its a case of if only there was more to play with really.

My suggestions for improvements are for inclusion of scenes of people who look like the extras getting off the boat dying off appropriately. And the addition of a Raiden narration using soundbites from the actor's other films. Ive got a few on the down low and will see if anything fits.... Fortresses & Highlanders!?!

Yeah, I'd like to have more footage that could be fit in, but the setting isn't friendly when it comes to adding unrelated material.

If you have some ideas for additional Raiden's dialogue, just sent your suggestions via PM (maybe I need to check "The Hunted").
He recorded a lot of lines for MK11 game but since he sounds old/weird in there I haven't used those.

When you guys mention Dolph, do you mean Lungren? Did you by any chance use footage from the movie Bridge Of Dragons? I stumbled across a few weeks ago, and when I saw that Shang Tsung's actor was in it I thought about suggesting it in this thread. But then I figured his hairstyle was too different between this and MK.

If there's a different movie featuring Dolph alongside a MK actor that was used, I'd love to hear about it.

When you guys mention Dolph, do you mean Lungren? Did you by any chance use footage from the movie Bridge Of Dragons? I stumbled across a few weeks ago, and when I saw that Shang Tsung's actor was in it I thought about suggesting it in this thread. But then I figured his hairstyle was too different between this and MK.

If there's a different movie featuring Dolph alongside a MK actor that was used, I'd love to hear about it.
Men of War, starring Dolph Lundgren and Trevor Goddard (Kano). Dolph starred in another movie alongside Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, the very good Showdown in Little Tokyo, in which a scene is used in this edit, but without Dolph.

I'm watching the edit right now, it's so dope!

That was so much fun! I love to see different scenes from other media imbricating so well with the main footage to serve the narrative, and flesh out the characters, that's one of my favorite things about fanedits. The score was cool, I liked every piece of music, except one, the Benny Hill theme, I feel that this scene was the perfect moment to use the classic Mortal Kombat song, it could've compensated with the ridiculous Baraka costume since the choreography itself is pretty nice, all it lacked was something a little more "punchy".
Kudos for that missing reel gag, it made me chuckle.

moment to use the classic Mortal Kombat song,
You mean the one from the movie? Well, the whole point was - no music from the movie. At all.

As for Benny Hill - I've kinda expected it will be another "Thriller moment" (I relate to "Star Beast" here, obviously), but just couldn't resist. Years ago I've watched a liitle funny montage of some ridiculous scenes from MK:A with repeated shot of Rain falling into flames (sadly, cant find it on YT anymore). It was set to Benny Hill music. Since then, this abomination of a sequel is inseparably tied with that music in my mind. So it is kinda personal moment, also, the Sheeva cameo is so ridiculous I just can't imagine putting there anything else than that. But hey, there is a bonus planned - an audio track with some changes, alternate musical choices (sometimes there was more than one idea for a scene), dialogue lines etc. So there will probably be some other music in that scene as well as in some others.

btw - there is something after credits. Anyone noticed?

Edit will be submitted to IFDB after this weekend.

Last edited:
Ah, cool then! I like the context lol.

I noticed, but I didn't understand the reference, to be honest.

Yeah, I was afraid it may not be clear enough...

The key is "It's showtime" line,
which is repeated from analogic situation earlier in the movie, except this time outcome is quite different :>

Well, that's the whole point of the scene (including a place where game quote fits) to present a character that way from the get go (and for him to be more of an a-hole than he was originally - which is further developed with additional dialogue lines later).
Also, that whole sequence is already heavily tightened version of the scene (by something like 50% if I remember correctly), both dialogue and sex.

As for Dolph scene, I thought about it for a moment, but it just happens to flow too good with the music to cut it and complicate matters.
I thought the point of the scene was to throw in a gratuitous sex scene ;)

With Shang's banging/beheading of the girl that Kano watches, it works wonderfully, but the Johnny scene currently feels like what I assume it is--heavily edited Cinemax softcore scenes inserted into the movie. The bits at the bar are too truncated to feel natural or dramatically interesting. Johnny's already a giant @$$hole throughout the movie, so it's a hat on a hat. However, I think the idea of him wanting to have sex with the girl while she's precariously hanging over a balcony is an interesting wrinkle to his character and would work well as his intro. And it would do that in a shorter amount of time, thus getting your audience to that island more quickly.

Granted this is a Grindhouse edit, so perhaps the jankiness of the pace is part of the charm.

Perhaps it is.

I thought the point of the scene was to throw in a gratuitous sex scene

That too..

Johnny's already a giant @$$hole throughout the movie
is-he-though-thor.gif

And it would do that in a shorter amount of time, thus getting your audience to that island more quickly.

I've always felt that movie is too short.
Also, let's just say I did not buy this damn DVD to cut my favourite bit of the scene I bought it for (which is the drink part) :D

DirtyCop1036 said:
Kudos for that missing reel gag, it made me chuckle.
Originally I did not intend to use it (yet again), but it was needed, because the whole "Kitana is kidnapped" thing in MK:A is done the way I really did not want to use here (I dont like that Scorpion Vs Sub-Zero scene and their costumes in it that are nothing like those from original movie.)

Last edited:
I just watched Fortress I & II for the first time last night and there a no significant Raiden like lines to grab there. Well worth a watch though.

I'm thinking we need another AI voice simulator here. I guess Gieferg; U know what's available and there is not one for Raiden, but Ive been hearing alot about the software that is breaking out right about now. U just need to feed it a script and the 'reading' of that script and it will be able to do the leg work for U. Not sure how comprehensive this sample must be though. Maybe just extracting all Raiden lines and writing a script to match will be enough!! Worth looking into??

I dont think I will be doing anything with Raiden here. Apart from some little fixes I consider this project to be completed.

For the next projects I'll look into some new options.

Last edited:
Well never say never!! Its certainly good as is though. Christopher Lambert (aka. The Highlander) as Raiden carries the show well enough already. For me this character is the coolest. A perfect part for the actor. He's got such a great voice, huh? I'm a fan....

If any additional South East Asian jungle ruins fight to the death scenes can be found, a Raiden voiceover describing the brutal realities of Mortal Kombat might be the best option to edit them in with.... aside from that unlikely eventuality one concedes it may be overly forced.

Raiden's narration for some kind of prologue would be a good idea indeed, but only if we have decent AI model voice for him. Some fights from "The Quest" with Van Damme and MK'21 (and maybe Legacy) could be a proper footage to do such a prologue.

Last edited:
You mean the one from the movie? Well, the whole point was - no music from the movie. At all.

As for Benny Hill - I've kinda expected it will be another "Thriller moment" (I relate to "Star Beast" here, obviously), but just couldn't resist. Years ago I've watched a liitle funny montage of some ridiculous scenes from MK:A with repeated shot of Rain falling into flames (sadly, cant find it on YT anymore). It was set to Benny Hill music. Since then, this abomination of a sequel is inseparably tied with that music in my mind. So it is kinda personal moment, also, the Sheeva cameo is so ridiculous I just can't imagine putting there anything else than that. But hey, there is a bonus planned - an audio track with some changes, alternate musical choices (sometimes there was more than one idea for a scene), dialogue lines etc. So there will probably be some other music in that scene as well as in some others.

btw - there is something after credits. Anyone noticed?

Edit will be submitted to IFDB after this weekend.
Why is theme song being removed almost everyone loves it I’m confused?

Back
Top Bottom