• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Knock at the Cabin - The Choice Cut

This can probably be done relatively easy with an ai voice over, probably. Only you can't show it. (I don't work with ai voices, but I assume it could be done)
That's an extremely interesting idea. I'm gonna give it a try after I finish my Baby Driver edit

Does this edit not have a title to differentiate it from the original film?

It does, I just didn't have it in mind when I wrote the Thread Title. I'm calling it "Knock At The Cabin - The Choice Cut"

Made a few small changes to the movie thanks to some great feedback, so thank you @futon88!

And I showed the edit to two friends of mine, they loved it. I was already addicted to editing but now I'm having a tough time watching movies without thinking of ways to improve them lol

Made a few small changes to the movie thanks to some great feedback, so thank you @futon88!

And I showed the edit to two friends of mine, they loved it. I was already addicted to editing but now I'm having a tough time watching movies without thinking of ways to improve them lol
Watch older movies to get rid of these feelings. Watch Hara Kiri and you'll realise there are still some cinematic works out there that are *flawless*. Even slower paced epic stuff like Gone with the Wind is practically flawlessly cut.

There are still films to watch without your inner editor getting triggered. :p

I watched Kwaidan yesterday, and it was cut practically flawlessly. Makes sense, too. A lot of the filmmaking process was a lot more intricate back then, there was far less room for error.

That's a great idea @DonkeyKonga, there are certainly movies out there that require no changes, just gotta find em!

It also makes you appreciate the art form more when you find one of these gems. Remember back in the day you couldn't control + z anything you did. Everything was done manually and mostly permanently on film.

A lot of Hitchcock films are also nigh flawless. Psycho is an editing masterclass imo. Same with rear window.

Back
Top Bottom