• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

King Kong - Corgicar Cut

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, here it is in all it's. . . er. . . glory -

This is really more of a trial run for me, but I wanted to see if I could restructure the extended edition of King Kong to be more like the original 1933 version and clock in at 2 hours. And, the answer is, yeah, sorta.

This cut begins and ends with Denham as did the '33 with other characters rising to the fore and falling back as the story progresses. The rules I laid out for myself were:

1) The pacing could never be rushed or choppy;

2) The love stories had to remain intact as they are the core of the movie; and

3) No actions scenes could be cut, because really, what's the point without them.

2 hours soon became a very unrealistic goal if I was going to adhere to my rules. So, now, it clocks in at 2 hours 35 minutes minus credits. Not too bad.

There's about 40 or so minutes of stuff on the floor -

--Vaudeville is gone.
--We're on the boat and sailing by the 15 minute mark and at the island at
the 35 minute mark.
--Jimmy and Mr. Hayes are no longer prominent. I am in the minority, I
think, in liking these two character, and cut them for time purposes
only.
--No juggling for Kong
--Denham is not quite as dark as he was, though this was to save time and
not redeem the character.
--There are other numerous cuts that effect pacing and scene progression.
Much of the editing involved looking for a minute here or a shot there
that wouldnt' be missed.

I'm going to give this a week to settle in and then look at it one more time. Meanwhile, it's time to learn how to make menus.

I haven't been able to get ahold of Spence's cut due to a lack of time to try on my part, and I hope I haven't replicated his efforts.

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
interesting. I think KK deserved another fanedit.
...and what a nice editor you use :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
that is Ulead Media Studio Pro 8

Sprug's decapitated head

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Boon! About Kong: Too bad that "blooper" couldn't be used in an edit due to the cursing being blocked out. Jack Black says (about a dino) "Of course film it, it's fking rare!" LOL i laughed so hard at that.

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's plenty of other instances where you can find Jack Black saying the word "fucking" and editing it back in :)

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All I need to do now is finalize the menus, and I'm done. DVD test compile went well. I'll make a single and dual layer dvd of it available. Now, all I need to know is how to get it out there.

R

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
two possibilities:
A) upload it yourself
B) let someone else uplaod it for you

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gonna need a primer on that if you don't mind. I don't have a rapidshare account and won't be getting one anytime soon. I wouldn't mind seeding but I've never started a torrent before. Any info would be appreciated.

Blaksvn

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
corgicar said:
Gonna need a primer on that if you don't mind. I don't have a rapidshare account and won't be getting one anytime soon. I wouldn't mind seeding but I've never started a torrent before. Any info would be appreciated.

I got your back homie!

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks man! I'll get it out your way in a week or so. Real life calls between now and then.

R

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Done - will ship out to Rikter tomorrow or Saturday. Had some technical issues to sort out. It's not bad for a first attempt at this. AI and Revenge of the Sith will be more challenging. I'm editing them in Vegas in 5.1, for one thing.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for creating it, C.

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, this is has been done for a while, and I need to get it out to be seen. The summer's been crazy. So, I haven't really had time to concentrate on it.

Is there a good rapidshare primer out there? Does the rapidshare uploader give you links after everything is uploaded? That's been my primary concern is I've fired up this nearly 5 gigabyte upload without any idea where it's going.

I've also finished Godfather III and am about 70% done with RoTS (I know - not another one.)

Thanks

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok, I turned on the Uploader, and whaddaya know - it uploaded. Imagine that. It took 20 hours but it did upload.

You'll need to run the exe file to rejoin the iso file then burn as normal. I've also included Case and Disc Art.

Hopefully, there's nothing wrong with them. I will be going out of town for a few days. So, if there's a problem I'll try and fix it when I get back.

So, without further adieu, here're the links. Hope y'all like it.

uploaded to Rapidshare

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for sharing corgicar.
Now what a strange program did you use to split your file? gsd? Then it starts with an exe file...so this means that all MAC users will be unable to use it, except they have windows installed, which most haven't. Well... rar is the better option there or hjsplit.
Besides that: congratulations on finishing your first fanedit! This needs to be approved, so please, guys, give it a try and shoot us some comments.

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't even think of that. My bad. I'll redo when I get back from vacation.

Thanks!

corgicar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Back from vacation (and burnt to a crisp). Should I redo this with HJSPlit or is someone trying it out as is?

Thanks,

R

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hjsplit is good for both mac and windows pc.

Top Bottom