• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair

Well the japanese edition has tthe full coloured fight with no transition to black & white, though I'm not sure if that counts as an invalid source (though I don't see how as its the same footage, just not in colour.) He also restored a deleted scene where Bill takes on the guys in the marketplace so in that respect I think it just about qualifies.

Oh and from the japanese version, the pei-mei anime sequence is slightly longer too.

You need 50+ posts and a track record before you can start approving things or not (which you should know if you've read the rules)

And AFAIC this still falls under the 'Not significantly different from the original/s' rule and will not get an approval from me. Still, like I said if a mod could give a ruling then he'll know where he stands.

Anyway this is all moot at the moment because until the audio problems are fixed it will not be approved.

nOmArch said:
Since you have basically cut the Japanese edition of KB1 with KB2 (As I understand it) I don't think it qualifies to be on the site as there is no significant difference between the two sources other than just being joined together.

Maybe a mod can clarify but as I understand the rules this could not be approved even if all the audio issues were fixed.
Ok this is confusing.
nOmArch, I believe that Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair (the approved fanedit for this thread), is what you are referring to.
Looks the edit that illogyst made is an uncut, chronological version of both Kill Bill movies.

Just for shiggles, I checked to see what the changes in the 3 current Kill Bill fanedits/extended editions entail.

KILL BILL X Remixed by Jorge - "A chronological, trimmer, meaner, faster, hard boiled version".
True Fanedit. Chronological. About 100 minutes cut. Letterboxed.
(Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 448Kbps [AC-3], Video: MPEG2 Video 720x480 (4:3) 29.97fps 2845Kbps [Video])

KILL BILL: The Whole Bloody Remix - "This turns KILL BILL into a single sitting 3 1/2 hour experience and adds clips of Pai Mei from classic Shaw Brothers films over the campfire sequence according to Tarantino's original screenplay."
True Fanedit. Non-chronological. About 35 minutes cut. Letterboxed.
(Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 2ch 192Kbps [AC-3], Video: MPEG2 Video 720x480 (4:3) 29.97fps 3500Kbps [Video])

Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair - "Here is the extended combination of Tarantino's 2-part martial arts extravaganza into one epic film."
Extended Edition. Non-chronological. List of hanges are in first post of this thread. 16:9 Widescreen
(Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 448Kbps [AC-3], Video: MPEG2 Video 720x480 (16:9) 29.97fps 7200Kbps [Video])

It's odd that there is no edit that retells the entire story in chronological order.

So, Kill Bill - The Whole Sh'Bang (244min chronological cut) would be a shoe in for approval, if the quality is good enough.

I actually think that it would be pretty cool.

zeppelinrox said:
nOmArch, I believe that Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair (the approved fanedit for this thread), is what you are referring to.
Looks the edit that illogyst made is an uncut, chronological version of both Kill Bill movies.

Indeed you are right Zep, I didn't bother to reread the thread from the beginning. doh :oops:

A chronological version would be a fantastic addition to Fanedit I think, We really need to get an evaluation copy of this and see exactly how bad these audio issues really are, unless they are really bad I doubt its gonna be that difficult to fix them.

@Illogyst Sorry mate for jumping the gun, If you can upload or PIF a copy to someone we can start to get this looked at.

I had always thought this edit was fully on the site? I have no idea who the heck I got it from, but somone supplied me with this edit back in 2007. As with most things I never got around to seeing it.

SO, if someone can tell me exactly where or what 3 audio issues I am supposed to check out I might be able to get the ball rolling on this

PS: if it helps I had aquired the dual layer version, not the avi

Prob best to drop Illogyst an email, I think he left it a few posts up.

@nOmArch
no worries ... it can happen, mate :)

@anyone
can anyone help me with fixing audio issues in a kill bill cut NOT released before?

again:
it is a chronological cut and was NOT released before (the opening section is about
15min. before the opening credits begin). seriously guys, i would love to see this re-
leased, since my version has NOT been released before and couldn't have been seen
by anyone here on this board, since this version is NONE of the ones mentioned above !!!

my cut is named "kill bill - the whole sh'bang" and it wants to be appreciated 8)

i need help from anyone who can help me with some minor audio-transition cuts.

give it a chance, fellas ... please.

EDIT:
i will upload an avi-version on a site for you peeps to download. please send me a per-
sonal message for the link (since i guess it is prohibited to post it right into this thread).

tranzor said:
I had always thought this edit was fully on the site? I have no idea who the heck I got it from, but somone supplied me with this edit back in 2007. As with most things I never got around to seeing it.

SO, if someone can tell me exactly where or what 3 audio issues I am supposed to check out I might be able to get the ball rolling on this

PS: if it helps I had aquired the dual layer version, not the avi
This thread got a little confusing when illogyst's 'the whole sh'bang' version cropped up. I would certainly like to see that chronological edit of his sometime, but I'd like to add something about QtheGaijin's 'THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR' in the meantime -

It's terrific! tranzor, I'm unsure whether you are meaning QtheGaijin's edit, but if you are and you haven't watched it yet, I can guarantee it's over 4 hours of continuous greatness, when you can find the time to watch it in one sitting. It's my 'definitive' version of 'Kill Bill' now, and there are no problems throughout it's surround sound audio. It's a marvellous version to have in all it's dual-layer, full-surround, colourful, extended glory, and I urge all 'Kill Bill' fans out there to get a hold of it!

Illogyst was kind enough to provide me with the links so I have downloaded his avi version, I haven't yet watched it though as finding enough time to watch any film can be tricky.

With any luck I should be able to watch this at the weekend.
I've had QTheGajin's edit sitting on my drive for a while too, but I know what I can expect from both versions as they are similiar. I'm just slightly more interested in seeing a chronological cut at the moment.

I think it is not nice to talk about a different fanedit in the thread of another one. Illogyst should have his own thread and all the posts concerning his edit moved there. This would also stop the confusion.

boon23 said:
I think it is not nice to talk about a different fanedit in the thread of another one. Illogyst should have his own thread and all the posts concerning his edit moved there. This would also stop the confusion.

I second that motion

i am sorry for my arrogant behaviour. i did not realize, that i stomped all over
the editors work with my arrogant posts. i hope nobody is seriously mad at me.

my bad ... :-(

of course, i made a new thread and posted it in the right section
of "true fanedits" (since my version is not an extended version).

I recently watched this. Very nice job. It was a treat to see the color Crazy 88 fight footage. My only complaint is the audio is low.

This edit was great(!!!), I really enjoyed it. I should tap out a more thorough review for its mainpage on .info.

jswert123456 said:
just saw news article this is bout to be relesed in theaters.

I didn't find that. Did find news about Kill Bill vol. 3 for release in 2014.

I read a script before Part II released, and it was (supposedly) the entire, uncut screenplay of a long single "Kill Bill".
It had a sequence of Bill gambling big money at a hotel, and then killing competitors when they try to shake him down for his winnings; more importantly, it had a sequence of GoGo's twin sister stalking the bride from her arrival in L.A. and a huge battle through a suburban neighborhood, where The Bride finally escapes death and calls on the help of a Nurse Bonnie (wife of Tarantino's character from "Pulp Fiction") for emergency treatment.
These are about the only things that would get me to discard this fanedit, I think.
Everything that actually appeared in "Kill Bill part II" was correctly written in this 'leaked' saga-script, so I take it for authentic.

Back
Top Bottom