• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kill Bill: The Massacre Cut

CalebScott

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
View media item 971
An edit that combines both Kill Bill films into one.
Named the Massacre cut due to the huge amount cut from both films, bringing the 4.5 hour plus run time down to just over 2 hours.
As the movie is now merged, there is no longer a need for any of the cliff-hanger mystery scenes around the main antagonist, Bill.
Much on the movie is re-ordered, and the cut list is too long to mention, this features hundreds of cuts featured in every scene to assist with bringing the total runtime down, while still letting key scenes breathe.
Changes:
  • Bill is now introduced in the first scene, with much of the flashback content at the start, making it more chronological in order.
  • The fight with cotton mouth is halved in length.
  • Detectives discovering the bride removed.
  • Rape scene removed
  • Buck scene removed.
  • O-Ren gets 2 back stories, removed the longer one (anime scene).
  • Halved the length of Hatori Hanso and crime lords' scenes.
  • Shortenings sporadically to the crazy 88 fights, which has also been moved to the end, as it is the biggest action set piece.
  • Added the Japanese DVD footage to include the more violent scenes and remove black and white censoring scenes.
  • Removed scene’s that get you hooked to see the next film, which also are spoilers.
  • Removed Bud working at the Bar.
  • Removed second half of training with Pai Mei, reincorporated later as a flashback.
  • Removed scene with Estaban’s brothel.
  • Removed scenes talking with her daughter, and after she is asleep, scenes talking with bill.
  • Removed flash back scene with Karen the assassin.
Lastly, each scene swaps back and forth from the first to the second movie, giving it a better mix of the first movies action heavy feel, and the dialogue heave second movie. This given a re-imagining to the entire structure and feel to the film.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that as it is something very similar to my next project :p (won't be out earlier than this autumn though)

Both movies into one, 2-2,5 hours runtime, chronological (except some of the flashbacks), grindhoused and re-scored where possible + maybe some surprises.

What deleted scenes are available? Unfortunately my Blu-ray edition has no extra features, maybe I need to buy another one.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that as it is something very similar to my next project :p (won't be out earlier than this autumn though)

Both movies into one, 2-2,5 hours runtime, chronological (except some of the flashbacks), grindhoused and re-scored where possible + maybe some surprises.

What deleted scenes are available? Unfortunately my Blu-ray edition has no extra features, maybe I need to buy another one.
There is a fight scene available where the bride watches Bill take out a squad of revengers. You can search Damoe Kill Bill in YouTube to check it out.

I know that one. That's all there is?

Last edited:
Two different editors are creating versions of the Cinemassacre cut. Interesting.

Last edited:
@Gieferg Maybe there's a deleted scene where we are in the coffin with Beatrix in total darkess for a full hour.

@Gieferg Maybe there's a deleted scene where we are in the coffin with Beatrix in total darkess for a full hour.
Hey I saw your post about your edit. I will definitely give it a watch. I think I already prefer how you did your flash back for the end of the time in the trailer I saw, I couldn't quite get that to work with the audio I was trying to force. I went ahead and got mine close to the 2 hour mark, so I've cut a lot. But for the life of me, cannot get my edit approved for submission.

@CalebScott I’ll review your edit and will PM you about it later today.
Currently unable/unsure about getting mine uploaded, Not sure if it's because this account is new.
But thank you, always good for honest feedback for improvements before I show the family haha.

No cover art? What the....

Has this been submitted for IFDB inclusion?

Congrats CalebScott!
No cover art? What the....

Has this been submitted for IFDB inclusion?
Cover art is required for the submission. Faneditor badge will be applied. @CalebScott once the faneditor badge is updated, navigate to ifdb, log in, click the menu and chose submit an edit. Again you'll need to have a poster for your edit.

I find it strange that this edit, which was approved, never made it onto IFDB several months later.

Crazy that this edit and my version hit the site at the same time, lol. Great minds…

This edit was actually completed and approved about eight months ago. It just wasn't listed on IFDB until now.

There is another that is almost complete that had been around for almost three years.

Back
Top Bottom