• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Kill Bill Roaring Rampage Edition

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
r8uwp4.jpg

Kill Bill: Roaring Rampage Edition
Tagline: She Roared, She Rampaged, She Will Avenge...
Run time 3hrs 12mins 
Filename KIll Bill RRE.mp4
File size 9.0GB
HD 720p
Video Bitrate 5500kbps approx
Audio Stereo Mix 512kbps 

Synopsis
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The Bride must kill her ex-boss and lover Bill who betrayed her at her wedding ceremony, shot her in the head and took away her unborn daughter. But first, she must make the other four members of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad suffer.[/font]

Intention
The purpose of the edit was to create a version of QT's films that jettisons some of his more self indulgent moments and gets the runtime down to a suitable length for a single movie. To do this I've cut some of the character development of the Death List Five Members and jettisoned anything that wouldnt affect the overall storyline, tone and pacing. 

Cutlist/Changes
Death List Five now meet their fate in chronological order (this actually only means vernita greens death  happens halfway into the movie the rest is the same) 
Considerable reordering of chapters/scenes some chronological/some not
Foreign subs hardcoded
all chapter cards removed
Beatrix Bleep outs removed
Some minor rescoring in 2 or 3 scenes
FAUX HD COLOUR VERSION of CRAZY 88 FIGHT
(The FAUX HD Crazy 88 fight was created by an editor a while back it used the Colour Japanese Footage visually muxed with the BW bluray footage to create something close to the original colour source but in HD) the footage was kindly provided by a very helpful forum member....

KB1
Opening titles cut (new custom titles added)
Vernita Green fight trimmed (moved)
Twin Pines Massacre aftermath partially cut (moved)
Elle Bride Bill at hospital (moved)
Four years later.. Coma (moved)
Oren Ishi backstory cut
Hanzo/Chiba restaurant scene trimmed (Hanzo sidekick cut)
Sword ceremony (trimmed)
Yakuza council decapitation (moved)
Tokyo Montage minor trims
Crazy 88 fight (COLOUR HD VERSION ADDED)
final KB1 montage scene trimmed (moved)

KB2
Opening titles cut
Bride in the car cut
Wedding of the bride scene roughly 50% cut
Bill Budd Conversation trimmed
Budd at work cut
Bride Captured by Budd Trimmed
Bride burial trimmed 
Legend of Pai Mei rice scene cut
Bud/Elle Driver caravan scene trimmed
Bride/Esteban (Michael Parks) scene trimmed
Bride/Daughter Bedtime scene cut
Awful 'She's Not There' cover CUT!
Bill/Bride confrontation trimmed
Final scene trimmed
Final titles (New titles created to incorporate cast of both movies)

Thanks
To JSwert for the main poster artwork and theryaney for the FE Criterion Collection version.

SUP3RDEATHSTAR  for providing the colour faux HD footage.

Preview Opening 30 Mins (Compressed) NSFW
Password: fanedit

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Decided to redo this from scratch I have used 5.1 audio source to remove sound fx / original score in some scenes, new titles at the beginning  and  end.Ripped  both movies to very high quality mp4s with the foreign subs burned in,  didnt  fancy retiming all the subs.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
15nn1qv.jpg

Cutlist/Changes

The purpose of the edit was to create a version of QT's films that jettisons some of his more self indulgent moments and gets the runtime down to a suitable length for a single movie. To do this I've cut some of the character development of the Death List Five Members and jettisoned anything that wouldnt affect the overall storyline, tone and pacing. 

Death List Five now meet their fate in chronological order (this actually only means vernita greens death  happens halfway into the movie the rest is the same) 
Considerable reordering of chapters/scenes some chronological/some not
Foreign subs hardcoded
all chapter cards removed
Beatrix Bleep outs removed
Some minor rescoring in 2 or 3 scenes
FAUX HD COLOUR VERSION of CRAZY 88 FIGHT
(The FAUX HD Crazy 88 fight was created by an editor a while back it used the Colour Japanese Footage visually muxed with the BW bluray footage to create something close to the original colour source but in HD) the footage was kindly provided by a very helpful forum member....

Run time 3hrs 12mins 
Filename KIll Bill RRE.mp4
File size 9.0GB
Video Bitrate 5500kbps approx
Audio Stereo Mix 512kbps 

KB1
Opening titles cut (new custom titles added)
Vernita Green fight trimmed (moved)
Twin Pines Massacre aftermath partially cut (moved)
Elle Bride Bill at hospital (moved)
Four years later.. Coma (moved)
Oren Ishi backstory cut
Hanzo/Chiba restaurant scene trimmed (Hanzo sidekick cut)
Sword ceremony (trimmed)
Yakuza council decapitation (moved)
Tokyo Montage minor trims
Crazy 88 fight (COLOUR HD VERSION ADDED)
final KB1 montage scene trimmed (moved)
KB2
Opening titles cut
Bride in the car cut
Wedding of the bride scene roughly 50% cut
Bill Budd Conversation trimmed
Budd at work cut
Bride Captured by Budd Trimmed
Bride burial trimmed 
Legend of Pai Mei rice scene cut
Bud/Elle Driver caravan scene trimmed
Bride/Esteban (Michael Parks) scene trimmed
Bride/Daughter Bedtime scene cut
Awful 'She's Not There' cover CUT!
Bill/Bride confrontation trimmed
Final scene trimmed
Final titles (New titles created to incorporate cast of both movies)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
*Dead Vimeo link removed*

Opening titles 

Not very subtle much like QT

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the direction of your intro, but I feel like there may be some frame ghosting (?). Is that seen in you project window or just vimeo?

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well spotted!! The vimeo version does seem to look worse but one of the reasons I put the video up and left that scene on the end of the titles, I wanted to see if anyone noticed that part of the video is actually being played backwards (highly doubtful though it would be missed on here lol), you will notice Sam Jackson on the right is inhaling smoke instead of exhaling it .  The shot orginally moves out from the church but for the introdustion I wanted in to move in. The Bride takes a slight step backwards at the end of the scene which I left in on purpose.  I'll ditch/re-reverse the scene if I submit it but I quite like this little quirk at the moment, you can tell theres something a little off as the camera moves in but on first viewing its unclear what (which plays nicely into whats about to happen I think).. also if anyone knows a good way of reversing video smoothly, and avoiding any frameblending I'd be interested.  just used the vega option (edit freudian slip)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Well spotted!! The vimeo version does seem to look worse but one of the reasons I put the video up and left that scene on the end of the titles, I wanted to see if anyone noticed that part of the video is actually being played backwards (highly doubtful though it would be missed on here lol), you will notice Sam Jackson on the right is inhaling smoke instead of exhaling it .  The shot orginally moves out from the church but for the introdustion I wanted in to move in. The Bride takes a slight step backwards at the end of the scene which I left in on purpose.  I'll ditch/re-reverse the scene if I submit it but I quite like this little quirk at the moment, you can tell theres something a little off as the camera moves in but on first viewing its unclear what (which plays nicely into whats about to happen I think).. also if anyone knows a good way of reversing video smoothly, and avoiding any frameblending/ghosting I'd be interested.  just used the vega option (edit freudian slip)[/font]

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reversing the video in Vegas should not produce any frame blending, assuming your input has the correct 23.976 framerate and you aren't changing the duration of the clip. If for some reason you continue to experience problems you could reverse the footage using virtualdub or avisynth.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yeah all my framerates are fine (no problem elsewhere in the edit), if its not something to do with the reversal process I must have inadvertently sped it up/down without realising don't think its got the wavy line indicator though for that though.  I would be interested to know if the clip is ok to use for submission assuming I sort the ghosting issue, can't do much about Sam L inhaling smoke though :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If that is the only issue, its probably fine for review (would need to be fixed before acceptance though). I strongly recommend taking a close look and sorting out all problems before it goes to review. It will be easier on you and quicker in the long run.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So the Sam jackson inhaling smoke thing would need to be edited out?, I know its technically a fault (bit like that stromtrooper smashing his head on the door) but is there sometimes a case for an 'issue' being a sort of intentional mistake.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unless you want the audience to interpret it as the events are "rewinding," it's not an intentional mistake...

That said, it is so subtle that I don't think it would preclude an Academy member from approving. The smoke is moving really slowly. If it were zipping back into his mouth, that would be another thing, but I don't think it's too distracting. 

You could possibly try overlaying some smoke moving in the correct direction, but I don't think that is necessary.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah when I use the term 'intentional' I mean more like leaving it as it is  is an 'intentional' clue for the eagle eyed viewer to spot the scenes actually running backwards. I can imagine QT doing something akin to that..

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
reversing the video in Vegas should not produce any frame blending, assuming your input has the correct 23.976 framerate and you aren't changing the duration of the clip.

Do you mean the speed of the clip?  I change the duration of reversed video in Vegas all the time with no issue.

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had somehow inadvertently sped the reversed clip up slightly when I checked it which had caused the ghosting in my earlier post. Reversing in Vegas worked fine when I rectified it.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks much better! To be honest I hadn't even noticed the scene was playing in reverse till you mentioned it!

Also,
Sinbad said:
Crazy 88 fight (colour japanese version added)

Are you solely using the Japanese version for the fight, or does it cut between the blu ray and the japanese dvd?

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SUP3RDeathStar said:
Looks much better! To be honest I hadn't even noticed the scene was playing in reverse till you mentioned it!

Also,
Sinbad said:
Crazy 88 fight (colour japanese version added)

Are you solely using the Japanese version for the fight, or does it cut between the blu ray and the japanese dvd?

It cuts to the dvd for the BW part the quality change isnt too harsh as  the sd scenes are fast moving. Id sooner watch in Colour SD than BW HD personally. Ill post it up in a bit with nsfw tags or pm it you so you can see the change in quality.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TVs Frink said:
ThrowgnCpr said:
reversing the video in Vegas should not produce any frame blending, assuming your input has the correct 23.976 framerate and you aren't changing the duration of the clip.

Do you mean the speed of the clip?  I change the duration of reversed video in Vegas all the time with no issue.

Yes. You've lucked out. If you are speeding up the clip dramatically, no one would probably notice, but any time you change the duration of the clip, you have to change the number of frames, and Vegas isn't the best at interpolating.

Top Bottom