• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Kill Bill Reimagined (By NewSpock)

To be fair, I think 9GB for 3-4hr movie in full 1080p HD is a reasonable size. But, if there was also a less-than 4GB 720p version, that'd please everyone (Especially potential previewers).

Alright, if someone would like to preview a 720p-version, write me a pm.

I'm guessing NS is on a free Mega account and doesn't want to waste space on two versions of one edit.

With that in mind:
5GB = very little space and still an HD edit
9GB = manageable
20GB = you're throwing space out the window (free Mega = 50GB limit).

What a dilemma...
giphy.gif

I've uploaded tons of shit to Mega and Megashares and had no problems running out of storage. And if he's actually worried about that, maybe he should...I don't know...go with smaller file sizes?

I also have a Free Mega account with a quote-unquote 50 GB limit, but I surpassed that limit long ago and haven't heard peep.

[Redacted]

Neglify said:
I also have a Free Mega account with a quote-unquote 50 GB limit, but I surpassed that limit long ago and haven't heard peep.

Good to know, thanks man :)

NewSpock said:
Alright, if someone would like to preview a 720p-version, write me a pm.

So far nobody wants to preview a 720p-version, if someone is interested, please write me a pm.:phone:

if you offered a720p version at reasonable size, i bet people would be interested.
is it different than the 19gb version i already have of your edit.

If you have something even half the size of what you offered before I'd like to see it. Would make the preview easier :)

I've got a 8,9 GB 1080p-version and a 4,1 GB 720p version for the preview.

If someone would like to preview, write me a pm with "720p" or "1080p" mentioned in the pm's short-description, and I give you the respective links.:)

Or we could just tell you we want to see the 720p version here, since otherwise you're having everyone clogging up your inbox for no reason whatsoever...

I'd rather him clog up his inbox than have to read a bunch of posts about it here, especially if that's what he wants.

TV's Frink said:
I'd rather him clog up his inbox than have to read a bunch of posts about it here, especially if that's what he wants.
Can't argue with that/you. PM sent :)

Neglify said:

[Redacted]

I guess someone at Mega must be a fan of your fanedits:).

I've just reached 55 GB and it tells me I would have to upgrade to do more... and I tried to do more just to see if it would work nonetheless: It didn't work.:-(

NewSpock said:
I guess someone at Mega must be a fan of your fanedits:).

I've just reached 55 GB and it tells me I would have to upgrade to do more... and I tried to do more just to see if it would work nonetheless: It didn't work.:-(

Yeah a couple days after posting that I got a similar message. Me and my big mouth. :oops:

Neglify said:
Yeah a couple days after posting that I got a similar message. Me and my big mouth. :oops:

That's bad luck, I guess they must have decided to enforce their rules in the last few weeks.

On the Mega front - if you're using a Gmail account, you can register more Mega accounts with the same address by putting periods in it (ie [email protected] and [email protected]). Which might at least make it easier to manage them...

As of now there is only one previewer. If someone else is interested to preview as well, write me a pm.:)

Back
Top Bottom