• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kill Bill: Cinemassacre at Two Pines

Croweyes1121

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poster.png

Brief Synopsis:
A realization of the "Cinemassacre Edit", as described here:

Intention:
Requested by Adamcarter, this edit aims to create as closely as possible, the "Cinemassacre Edit" of Kill Bill, restructuring Volumes 1 and 2 into a more satisfying 172-minute film. As originally detailed, the Cinemassacre Edit runs right around two hours. However, he was too vague in describing some of the excisions for me to know precisely what was removed in his edit, so I've left scenes more or less intact here, while sticking closely to the structure he laid out in the YouTube video. I personally think the film plays fantastically at 172-minutes (we're still losing over 75 minutes of footage), and I didn't want to chip away at Tarantino's terrific dialogue more than absolutely necessary to achieve the new narrative backbone of this cut - hence the time discrepancy between this and what the video described.

Other Sources:
A single piece of audio was stolen from "Blade Runner: The Final Cut" for one scene/audio transition. It just happened to be precisely what I needed.

Special Thanks:
To Adamcarter, for the fantastic gig in creating this edit, and your passion to see this vision fully realized.

Cuts and Additions:
01. Wedding rehearsal intro from Vol. 2.
02. Main Title treatment from the end of Vol. 2 with "Battle without Honor or Humanity" underlaid.
03. Chapel post-mortem scene from Vol 1.
04. Five-point palm exploding heart technique story and meeting Pai-Mei from Vol. 2.
05. Ellie Driver assassination attempt at hospital from Vol. 1.
06. Flashback of Pai-Mei from Vol. 2 continues.
07. Bride waking up in hospital (black and white inserts from Bride's head shot inserted into flashbacks of Bill) from Vol. 1.
08. Stealing the "Pussy Wagon".
09. Trip to Okinawa, attainment of the sword, and Oren's introduction from Vol. 1.
10. Anime sequence from Vol 1.
11. Bill warning Bud from Vol 2.
12. The Bride vs. Vernita Green from Vol 1.
13. The Bride buried alive from Vol. 2.
14. Bud and Ellie's talk in his trailer from Vol. 2.
15. Flashback to The Bride's escape from the grave (Pai-Mei training shots inserted) from Vol. 2.
16. The Bride vs. Ellie Driver from Vol. 2.
17. The fight at The House of Blue Leaves (The Bride vs. Oren) from Vol. 1 (full color).
18. Drive to Bill's house / Bride vs. Bill from Vol. 2.
19. Flashback to Vernita Green's daughter (with "Lonely Shepherd" underlaid) from Vol. 1.
20. Credits from Vol. 2 with "Lonely Shepherd" continuing.

All "bleeped" references to The Bride's name have been cut / edited around. Major scene excisions include Bud's scene at the strip club, the Bride torturing Sophie, and the flashback to the pregnancy test, among others.

Last edited:
It would help if you could provide details of your edit instead of leaving a simple "feel free to discuss the project" message. 😅

This thread needs to have the title, an intention goal, a description, change list and a poster. You aren't telling us anything.

This thread needs to have the title, an intention goal, a description, change list and a poster. You aren't telling us anything.
To be fair, it did have the title.

It would help if you could provide details of your edit instead of leaving a simple "feel free to discuss the project" message. 😅
Sorry, I thought the place for all of that was in the official listing, which is still pending approval. I'll copy and paste the info here in the first post. One moment...

EDIT: First post updated.

Last edited:
"I'd like you to create this and I'll pay you to do it" is a tale as old as Capitalism. ;)
I'm not entirely sure of the meaning of this post, but if any money has been exchanged in the form of commission, this edit would not be allowed. FE.org does not allow for profit editing.

I'm not entirely sure of the meaning of this post, but if any money has been exchanged in the form of commission, this edit would not be allowed. FE.org does not allow for profit editing.
It was a one-time request by a friend, I did the edit, and that was that. No money is being exchanged, nor would it be requested, to share this with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom