• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Kick-Ass 2: JUSTICE FOREVER

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ikgu.jpg

HIT-GIRL AND KICK-ASS RETURN BUT THIS TIME THEY ARE NOT ALONE.
INSPIRED BY THEIR EXPLOITS, A NEW WAVE OF WANNABE SUPER HEROES HAVE EMERGED.
LED BY THE NOBLE COLONEL STARS AND STRIPES, THEY ARE CALLED JUSTICE FOREVER!

TOGETHER, THEY WILL DISCOVER WHAT IT REALLY MEANS TO BE REAL SUPER HEROES IN THE REAL WORLD
AS THEY FACE OFF AGAINST THE WORLD’S FIRST SUPER VILLAIN AND HIS ARMY OF EVIL.

IT IS AN EPIC TALE OF CONSEQUENCES, ESCALATION AND DESTINY.

KICK-ASS 2 JUSTICE FOREVER

tagline: "THE LESS WHINY - MORE HEROIC EDITION"

Basic details: BIONIC BOB FAN EDITS KICK-ASS 2 INTO A TIGHTER FOCUSED STORY THAT IS MORE TRUE TO CLASSIC COMIC BOOK CONVENTIONS. THE GOODGUYS ARE MORE HEROIC AND THE BADGUYS ARE MORE VILLAINOUS.

IN THIS VERSION, WHILE KICK-ASS AND HIT-GIRL STRUGGLE TO COME TO TERMS WITH THEIR DESTINY
MOTHER-F@#KER EMBRACES HIS IMMEDIATELY - -- HE LIKES BEING EVIL!

original film names: KICK-ASS 2
new film name : KICK-ASS 2 JUSTICE FOREVER
film studio name :Universal Studios
edit crew name : Bionic Bob
persons involved: Me
Date Original Film Was Released :2013
Date Edit Was Released : MARCH 2014
Original Runtime :1 hour 43 minutes
New Runtime :1 hour 36 minutes
Cut/Add Time: cut about 8-10 minutes
added about 2 minutes

Fanedit details:
Intention: Down play MotherF#@ker's whininess and flip flopping nature, and make him truly committed and pure evil, while making Kick-Ass and the other members of Justice Forever more heroic. In other words, create a slightly more traditional comic book super-hero world.

Editing Details:
Used outdated iMac 10.5, Mac the Ripper, MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut Express, GarageBand, and iDVD

Cuts removed/added/extended (add list of what was changed):
--new title card: KICK ASS 2: JUSTICE FOREVER
--added deleted scene "A Half-Ass Kick-Ass"
--cut Chris "...Mommy?" line after tanning bed death
--cut disrepectful Dave lines "Big Daddy was crazy..." etc
--cut Chris's mom's sex toy
--cut the two cameo scenes of Katie
--restructured Dr. Gravity/Kick Ass street fight so it ends on a heroic note instead of them running away
--restructured the MF store robbery scene, plays darker more serious
--cut the downbeat homophobic joke at the end of KA joining Justice Forever, keeping the tone heroic
--cut "Chuck little dick.." ending of boxing scene, cut whiney Chris, keep EVIL CHRIS!!!
--added deleted scene "This Ain't A Comic Book"
--created hero team montage
--cut KA and NB shagging in bathroom
--cut Dave and Mindy's school yard scene
--cut bodyguard reporting someone at the door during poker game
--cut KA "I think we are in trouble" line and horrified reaction shot, this is not his first time at the rodeo!
--cut KA and NB "action"
--restructured Colonel Stars Stripes death, MF pure evil, orders head cut off, no reference to dog
--cut line "Are you sure she is his girlfriend?"
--restructured BG assault, no attempted rape, again MF pure evil
--cut "why is there a lawn mower...."
--restructured police crack down and Dave's father's arrest
--cut Dave phoning Mindy for help
--added deleted scene "Promise Me"
--cut line "...Really?"
--cut whiney/insecure MF waiting at hide out, scene now opens with evil MF rallying his evil army
--added deleted scene "Eisnerhower Gets It Started"
--cut shot of MF running away during fight
--restructured MF death so he does not flip flop or apologize to Dave, stays evil right to the end.
--new ending
--cut post-credits scene of MF -- he is DEAD!!!
--replaced end credits music

BONUS FEATURES:
--Trailer

EDITOR'S NOTE: This fan edit incorporates deleted scenes. These scenes have had some color correction work done to make them less jarringly different from the main feature but they are not perfectly matched. Hopefully the content of the these scenes will enhance the story and not detract from your viewing pleasure. :)

DVD ART:
0uy1.jpg

TRAILER:

password: fanedit.org

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
awesome. i enjoyed the theatrical cut of this. but looking forward to seeing this cut of it for sure.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just finished watching this and i really enjoyed it.
i loved the first one enjoyed the 2nd (wasn't as good as the first).
so when i saw this i had to see it.
i will leave a review when it is on the fanedit database.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
reaper18783x said:
just finished watching this and i really enjoyed it.
i loved the first one enjoyed the 2nd (wasn't as good as the first).
so when i saw this i had to see it.
i will leave a review when it is on the fanedit database.

Glad you enjoyed it, I was (and still am) feeling very mixed with the final results, so I look forward to reading your review and your thoughts on how you think it turned out. :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
left my thoughts bout KA2 Justice Forever. really solid job Bob. you recovered the spark that the first KA had by removing the less heroic moments.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for taking the time to post a review [MENTION=8302]steelio2006[/MENTION] and for giving me a such a generous high score! :)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Matt here. Everything I said from the review is true. It definitely brings the sequel more in line with the first Kick-Ass. Which is something that I felt was needed.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree.

Unlike the first film, that to reveled in the heroic moments and Dave's enthusiasm,
the sequel seemed to under cut all the heroic moments with cynicism or inappropriate deflating humor.

I tried to cut as much as this as possible and reshape the members of Justice Forever in a more traditional and classic hero mold.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A big thank you to [MENTION=25319]reaper18783x[/MENTION] for posting a review.

Glad you enjoyed my new take on MotherF@#ker. I was quite surprised at how simply removing some sniveling here, some whiny there, transformed him into a very cold, ruthless and driven villain. By doing so, I hoped to raise the stakes for KA, and really make him earn his final destiny as a true superhero.

reaper18783x

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you succeeded in your objective.
you did some awesome work as always.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
-HollywooD- said:
Any chance for a HD release?

Sorry, no. :)

I am a computer dinosaur and creating HD edits is beyond my tech capabilities. :smash: :lol:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank You to [MENTION=24292]TM2YC[/MENTION] for the very in depth and glowing review. :)

First off, the few issues: There was a match-cut that didn't quite match, the colours were a bit off in some of new material, there were two moments in the new Sound-Mix that felt wrong (MF Store robbery and Hero montage), the Night-Bitch removal left a couple of continuity problems and the cut to black in Night-Bitches home didn't quite work.

Solid points TM. Colour Correction is way out of my comfort zone and my software is not the most advanced or powerful. And well, audio work? As most long time members can attest, it is the bane of my edits.... LOL!

My biggest regret with this edit is the cutting of Dave visiting NB in the hospital. But it proved impossible to keep, as no matter how hard I tried to recut it (removing any reference to their sexual relationship) the scene played too awkward and too short. Also after I restructured the Police hero round-up, I could not find a place for the hospital scene that did not throw off the pacing/build-up of the final act. Hopefully, the acknowledge of NB's injuries in the reinstated deleted scene gives a bit of closure to her arc.

Sorry the dramatic cut to black did not work for you, but it is one of significant changes I was pretty happy with.... as I really did not want to show NB getting beaten up or attempted rape (plus there was not much material to work with) and I think not showing it, just alluding to it through brief sound, creates a more violent and darker image in the viewer's mind than any visual imagery.

I am so glad you picked up on the "one arm pull up" bookends, I am happy it had the desired effect.

Also, another Thank You to [MENTION=27052]mathew1965[/MENTION] for also taking the time to post a review.

Although as a film it doesn't live up to the first movie - as a fan edit this is near-perfect.

Wow! Happy to hear so many people seem to enjoying this alternate version. :):):)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I forgot to mention in my review that I loved the Katie removal. Not having her in KA2 is sooo much better than only having a small cameo which bums you out for the rest of the movie. Your way, it was the James Bond "She was only the love interest in the last movie" style thing and you never notice the absence of a Bond Girl. I wonder if given Katie's removal, that the Night-Bitch thing would have now worked, given it's own space to breath?

It just all came together in a really 'human' way in this new cut. Like all the material of Justice Forever helping the community and then in the cop briefing it gets mentioned in their defense. Everything seemed to be running together in a seemless way and scenes reflected off each other and felt connected. Something that just did not happen in the original cut.

I wouldn't sweat the technical sound stuff too much, that's just me nitpicking and as I said I'd rather have something sound slightly off... than look, feel and play wildly off like it did before you fixed it. Oh and the cut to black was the right idea but it came in a second too early (I thought my monitor had switched itself off at first until I did a rapid rewind).

Honestly one of the best fanedits I've seen because of just how much it improves the film. I also didn't mention that I'd have rated KA2 as maybe a 5/10 for enjoyment but 'Justice Forever' was a straight 10/10 for fun.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Honestly one of the best fanedits I've seen because of just how much it improves the film. I also didn't mention that I'd have rated KA2 as maybe a 5/10 for enjoyment but 'Justice Forever' was a straight 10/10 for fun.

Thank you so much TM, that really means a lot to me.

I always openly acknowledge I am not the most tech-savvy or most polished fan editor out there (I do call my edits B-Movies for that reason) but I always try to strive to tell a strong and entertaining story.

That said, I still felt very apprehensive releasing this latest edit, so it does this old heart good to hear people responding so positively to this new narrative.

I forgot to mention in my review that I loved the Katie removal. Not having her in KA2 is sooo much better than only having a small cameo which bums you out for the rest of the movie. Your way, it was the James Bond "She was only the love interest in the last movie" style thing and you never notice the absence of a Bond Girl. I wonder if given Katie's removal, that the Night-Bitch thing would have now worked, given it's own space to breath?

I think you are right, it probably would have worked and I did consider it during the drafting phase. But in the end, I think I wanted Hit-Girl's FIRST KISS to have a bigger impact at the end, and somehow I felt the KA/NB empty shagging would detract from that important moment. I guess I wanted to make Dave more worthy of being Mindy's first love. I am a total sucker for romance! :kiss: lol

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
C'mon, you've been here long enough to know better.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you [MENTION=9947]WyndorfDave[/MENTION] for posting a review. :)

You have given this film so much heart and soul, I am stunned.

All I did was chisel away the cynicism was plastered over so many scenes, and the heart was there underneath waiting to be found.

I don't know why modern filmmakers and tv producers feel so insecure about letting their protagonists be actual optimistic and enthusiastic heroes? Why does everything have to be sarcastic and cynical? Particularly this sequel, where what made the original work so well was the genuine over the top love of Dave wanting to be a real hero and make the world a better place.

Top Bottom