• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Kick-Ass 2: JUSTICE FOREVER

I watched the theatrical version for the first time a couple nights ago. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, but looking over your cutlist your version sounds pretty solid. Hopefully I'll watch your edit soon.

Neglify said:
I watched the theatrical version for the first time a couple nights ago. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, but looking over your cutlist your version sounds pretty solid. Hopefully I'll watch your edit soon.

IMO Kick-Ass 2 is a good sequel at its core, but it lacks the conviction and joy of the original. It seems to constantly waver, flip flop and undermine its theme of being a true hero and making the world a better place.

Though my fan edit may go a bit too far in the other direction.... :D

bionicbob said:
Thank you WyndorfDave for posting a review. :)

All I did was chisel away the cynicism was plastered over so many scenes, and the heart was there underneath waiting to be found.

I don't know why modern filmmakers and tv producers feel so insecure about letting their protagonists be actual optimistic and enthusiastic heroes? Why does everything have to be sarcastic and cynical? Particularly this sequel, where what made the original work so well was the genuine over the top love of Dave wanting to be a real hero and make the world a better place.

I agree with you completely. I also think most filmmakers do not let emotional scenes "breathe" more. I like certain shots to linger on and let the actors feel and express the emotion. It's like so many cinematographers are on dosed on caffeine. :p

THANKS [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] for posting a review.

Yeah, that darn corner store robbery....:p

I hated the whole scene and would have cut it entirely if it wasn't such an epiphany moment for MF.

I enjoyed Kick-Ass and thought Kick-Ass 2 was a respectable sequel. bionicbob managed to tighten it up and improve on the sequel.

There were just a couple of minor issues I had with this edit. As others have mentioned, I did noticed the color issue and the Night Bitch fade to black didn't work for me.

Video and audio quality were good but I echo matthew1965's sentiment that " it was a tad blurry, even for DVD"

Technical stuff aside this is a great edit and a replacement for the theatrical version (at least for me!)

Nice work [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION]!

Thanks for the review [MENTION=8731]Gatos[/MENTION] :)

KA2 was an interesting introduction for me into the world of colour correcting, and I clearly have much still to learn... what I did learn is I don't really have the patience for it or precise enough software....lol.... :lol:

On reflection, maybe the hard cut to black for NB was a mistake and if I were to do it again, I would probably seek an alternate solution.

As for the blurry video quality... I dunno... I did not notice a significant difference from the source material on my tv at the time.

But I am very happy you still enjoyed it despite some of the tech flaws. I openly acknowledge I am not the most polished technical editor and I when I release an edit I go in expecting a certain level of tech criticisms, but if the story wins the viewer over in the end despite my tech weaknesses , then I am a very happy camper. :):):)

Kick-Ass 2 was a major disappointment so this is one fan edit I'm gonna watch soon. However if I was in the editor's chair I would cut the scene right before the title card (only because we see it later on in the movie) and keep in the school yard scene because it explains why Mindy went on the date and how she did. But I'm gonna check this out soon.

I will look forward to your comments after watching. Enjoy. :)

q1el.jpg

Bob, are you gonna do a Scooby Doo edit next? Noticed the small trend between this and over for the Saga of Apes thread.

steelio2006 said:
Bob, are you gonna do a Scooby Doo edit next? Noticed the small trend between this and over for the Saga of Apes thread.

Nah. I just thought they were funny pics and wanted to share. :D
Though could you imagine, the Scooby gang meets Hit-Girl! That would be R-rated hilarity. lol

bionicbob said:
Nah. I just thought they were funny pics and wanted to share. :D
Though could you imagine, the Scooby gang meets Hit-Girl! That would be R-rated hilarity. lol

Very true. Sadly we will never see that.

Gee whiz jhs39 you must have really HATED this edit to actually make it your first ever post or comment.

Though based on your expressed extreme dislike for the original theatrical release, I am not certain what you were expecting?

Anyway, I hope the next fan edit you watch is a more positive and enjoyable experience for you. :)

You should actually be proud, Bob. How many edits get below an 8 these days? It helps you stand out from the crowd. ;)

Uncanny Antman said:
You should actually be proud, Bob. How many edits get below an 8 these days? It helps you stand out from the crowd. ;)

It has a long way to go to reach Jack and Jill EE levels.

Neglify said:
It has a long way to go to reach Jack and Jill EE levels.

I can only dream of such greatness. :D:humble::party::first::grin:

Uncanny Antman said:
Fan Edit of the Month award winner?!

'Justice Forever' should be FEOTY more like! :) Don't know how anybody could hate such a joyfull edit but each to his own I guess.

TM2YC said:
'Justice Forever' should be FEOTY more like! :) Don't know how anybody could hate such a joyfull edit but each to his own I guess.
If only it was an HD release >.>

Back
Top Bottom